036

Tough Girl's Sweetheart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ANNOUNCEMENT : Just wanna say that I'll be updating this story quite slowly due to some circumstances. I have a brother who is in need of medical care for the next few months due to his recent surgery. I hope you guys can understand and I apologize for the disappointments. But I will still update till I finish this story! So thank you to all my readers :D 

 

Tough Girl's Sweetheart 36 

 

HAEUL POV 

"When do you think he will wake up?" Sehun ask as he stood beside me, watching Kai. 

 

"I don't know Sehun ah. But I do know he will wake up soon," I replied. 

 

"We bought lunch!" Chen came in barging into the hospital room with bags of packed food. 

 

It had been 2 weeks since the incident in China. We got Kai transferred to Korea after Hyorin went through his conditions. They said his body is fine and stable now. We just need to wait for him himself to wake up. Sadly when we left, Soyoung didn't follow us back home. Instead, she made up her mind to stay with Kris till she's ready to come back again. Of course my parents were upset but they were fortunately very understanding of her feelings. 

 

FLASHBACK 

 

"You sure you don't want to follow us back?" I held Soyoung's hand as we were all at the front door preparing to say goodbye. 

 

"I'm sure. I have lots to learn from Kris oppa and maybe spend more time with my grandfather. He's getting older by the day," Soyoung assured me. 

 

"Then I guess this is goodbye," I sadly acknowledge it,"Take care my sister." 

 

"It's not goodbye unnie. I will visit you guys there someday," She hug me," And thank you for all you have done for me. I know I can never repay you even if I try my whole life. Because of you unnie, I get to have the freedom I dreamt of. Thank you." 

 

"What are family for," I pat her back. 

 

"You guys going back already?" I heard Luhan whining. 

 

"Yeah we are. We left our work in Korea so lots of catch up needed to be done," Joonmyun said and sigh. 

 

"Thanks guys for coming over," Luhan mentioned towards Exo who just thank him back for his hospitality. 

 

Exo all board the van and I was the last one still outside. I turn to see Kris, from the second floor balcony, smirking with bald head due to surgery. I laugh at him and he glared playfully at him. Soyoung suddenly held onto my hand and came closer to me. 

 

"If Jongin woke up, can you be there for him in place of me? I know he will need the support, but I can't be there. Tell him to not find me but instead I'll find him," Soyoung whispered. 

 

"Got it. See you when I see you Soyoung ah," I hug her one last time before going into the car where everyone is waiting for me. 

 

NOW

 

"Seriously guys. You guys could have bought like different type of food but why just goddamn chicken?!" I exclaim when I dig into the plastic bags. 

 

"There is BBQ chicken, Spicy chicken and Fried Chicken! Plus we saved time and money!" Chanyeol pointed out. 

 

"Since when were you the type to save money?" I diss him. 

 

"Ouch noona ouch," Chanyeol gasp dramatically as if his chest is hurting. 

 

I roll my eyes and just munch on a fried chicken while the guys gather around wolfing down the rest. As I was talking to Xiumin about his arm that is still in a cement cast, suddenly everyone turned silent and was looking at me. Xiumin also look at me in confusion before gasping along with the rest. As I was seating directly in front on Kai's bed, there should be something that is BEHIND me right? I turn around and gasp too to see Kai's hand in the air like waving. Standing up quickly, I rush to his side to see his eyes barely open. Since he was wearing an oxygen mask, I couldn't hear what he was trying to say. 

 

"I'll go call the doctor!" And Joonmyun was out of the room. 

 

I turn back to Kai to see him pulling down his mask slowly. I inch forward as if encouraging him to say what he wanted to say. But only mumbles of inaudible words are heard. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter