044

Tough Girl's Sweetheart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tough Girl's Sweetheart 44

 

 

KAI POV 

 

- 2 Years Later - 

 

"Hyung!" Sehun hung his hand around my shoulder as we walk back to our car. 

 

I just hum while nodding as an answer and the whispers around us got louder. I look around and as expected, the girls were looking and talking about us meanwhile the guys were glaring at us and most likely cursing us too. I used to love attention like these but as I graduate high school and attend college, I started to hate them. 

 

"HYUNG!" I snap out of my thoughts at Sehun's loud voice beside me. 

 

I stop walking and glare at him," What?!" 

 

"I've been talking since just now and you didn't even catch a single word I was saying?!" He look at me in disbelief. 

 

"Just get to the point," I roll my eyes at him. 

 

"I said Jongdae hyung invited us for a blind date with the pretty seniors I told you that time! You know those pretty noonas in Jongdae hyung's class!" Sehun excitedly exclaim. 

 

"Not interested," I rejected instantly. 

 

"Why?! But-but you are the Kim Jongin! Kim Jongin the notorious player of our generation!" Sehun exaggerated while whining. 

 

"I was..." I turn and said to Sehun before hurrying to my own car to get home. Sehun most likely won't be back till late night...

 

Seoul is cruelly beautiful at this time, the hours where day turns to night and also the hours where my loneliness catch up to me. I watch as people rush to subways or buses, rushing to see their loved ones at home. When will I have someone waiting for me at home too? Speeding up, I reach home more faster than usual. However I was quite shocked to see Joonmyun's hyung car in the driveway. I walk in expecting the loud laughter from Haeul noona and I was not wrong. I followed the voices to the dining room. 

 

"Oh Jongin!" Haeul said as soon as I set foot into the room. 

 

I hug her and gave my brother a hug too before picking my little niece up into my arms. My niece also known as Kim Jihye, the child Haeul noona conceived when she was 19 and the child my brother almost got castrated for producing. Funny how Jiyong samcheon almost killed my brother when it was clear that he wanted grandchildren himself. I look around the room to see my father of course at the head of the table but what got me curious was the extras glass and used utensils beside Haeul noona. I set Jihye back into her high chair before settling beside hyung. 

 

"We have guest over?" I point to the empty seat beside Haeul. 

 

"Oh don't worry~" Haeul wave it off," It's someone you-"

 

"Jongin?" A familiar voice made me whip my head back so fast that I swear I could hear a crack but all of that didn't matter. 

 

"S-soyoung noona?" I stutter as I blink my eyes a couple of times to make sure I'm really in reality. 

 

In the background I can faintly hear Haeul noona saying in between the lines of 'Let's not disturb them' before I realize that they had just left me and Soyoung noona alone. I look around and let my gaze focus on Soyoung. I walk up to her and engulf her in a hug, leaving her no room to react. She still have the same scent, a mix or berries from her shampoo and lavender from her lotion. 

 

"I thought you hate me," I heard her whisper. 

 

"How can I hate you? You fool," I said and laugh. 

 

I pull back once I realized that I was holding her too long. I look away and scratch my neck in embarrassment. How can I touch her with her permission. What if she didn't like me all this while? Maybe she just viewed me as a little brother...

 

"You're more handsome than I imagined," She said making me blush. Wait... 

 

"YOU CAN SEE ME?" I accidentally shouted before giving her an apologetic look. 

 

"Yeah. Long story cut short, I got eyes transplant in America 2 years ago. It took me over a year to get used to sight which is why I didn't visit at all. I'm so sorry," She said while her hand naturally caress my cheek like she always did when she was blind. 

 

I took her hand in mine and stare straight in her eyes. She look back at me before she look away with the familiar blush coloring her cheeks. I laugh and just lean in to give her forehead a kiss. She turn back to me with a shocked face which turn into confusion. 

 

"Noona," I held both her hand and made her look at me," No matter if you're blind or not, I will always love you. I've always did love you. I love you so much." 

 

"Jongin... I-I" She struggles to say something as tears well up in her eyes. 

 

"Why are you crying?" I panic as I wipe away the tears on her face. 

 

"That's because I love you too," Soyoung finally said after struggling for a while. 

 

"Pabo," I smile widely and ," Why cry if you love me?"

 

"For the past 2 years, I have been afraid actually. Afraid that you would hate me, afraid that you are suffering because of me," She explained. 

 

"I did though,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter