028

Tough Girl's Sweetheart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tough Girl's Sweetheart 28

 

Haeul POV 

"I'll follow them to China," I said as we were talking about Soyoung agreeing to go with Kris back. 

 

"Just you?" Daehyun ask with a frown. 

 

"Yeah. I need to leave him for a while. Things are starting to stir. We can't get innocent people involved," I stated firmly.

 

"Are you even thinking?!"Daehyun shouted and stand up in fury,"That bastard just attacked you at school and you want to go MIA mode from your husband. How do you think he will feel?!" 

 

"I don't care if he hates me," I whisper,"As long as he is safe."

 

"You're impossible," Daehyun sigh and sat back down. 

 

We are all in the meeting room discussing the recent incident. Monsters are listening, Appa is thinking, Soyoung is playing with her dress hem nervously while I'm seriously having a mental breakdown. I turn to appa and he had he serious thinking face. Before I could say anything, Kris came into the room with his usual poker face. He had been seeing Soyoung for a week and fortunately they had been getting along well like siblings. 

 

"I booked the flight tickets. We are leaving on Monday morning, 4AM,"Kris announce and hand me my ticket. 

 

"Thanks Kris,"I thank him. 

 

"Nah, it;s okay,"Kris said and took a seat beside Soyoung,"So what's the plan?"

 

"I'll follow you guys to China. You said your family have a place for me to train right?" I ask him," I'll be there for 2 weeks or so. I'll go back with Soyoung after that 2 weeks. Is that alright for you?"

 

Kris nod his head and gave an okay sign,"No problem. I'll just inform my father of your presence and reason."

 

"Then, it's final," I sigh. 

 

"So what are you gonna do if he search for you?" Daehyun ask. 

 

"I know you won't say anything. And so will any of you," I point to Monsters. 

 

"I know that. But have you thought it thoroughly? There isn't a need to leave him. Didn't you say the closer he is to you, the easier it is for you to protect him?" Daehyun argued. 

 

"That was before. This is my final decision. Are you helping me or not?" I said heartlessly and glare at him. 

 

Daehyun sigh and nod. I walk out and walk up to my room. I close the door and fell to my knee. What am I doing? I stood back up with a sigh and drag myself up to bed. I look up to see that little Polaroid of us. The heart clenching feeling was too much that tears stream down my shut eyes. The familiar sound of my phone's ringtone made me snap my eyes open. The name on the screen flashing made me sit up and wipe away the tears before sliding the green button. 

 

"Hello?" My voice cracked. 

 

"Haeul ah! You finish talking to your father? I'll be there in 30 minutes. Wear something comfortable. I'm taking you some where," Joonmyun's cheerful voice made the guilt in me triple. 

 

"Yeah I did," I said,"Where are we going?"

 

"Well since today is Sunday, I thought we should go out instead of being at home. Some where fun," He said and I can hear the radio playing softly in the background, most likely in the car. 

 

"Alright, see you later," I quickly try to end the conversation, feeling tears welling up in my eyes. 

 

"See you," He hung up cheerfully. 

 

I stare at my phone and naturally the tears flowed, splashing onto the the screen that had our smiling picture together. I wipe away the tears and look around the room.I can't help but to end up staring at that only picture of us. I shook my head clear of any wavering thoughts. Grabbing my traveling bag pack, I threw in my essential stuffs and put it near the door so Kris can pick it up by tonight. I rummage through what's left of my closet and found a decent and comfortable outfit. Sigh at my expressionless face, I force a smile on and went out of the room. Walking down the stairs, I can hear Appa and Joonmyun talking. I stop and hear what they are saying. 

 

"I hope you can understand Haeul. Sometimes she does things rashly but there is always a reason behind her actions," Appa advised. 

 

"I'll try my best abeoji," He replied like the good son-in-law he is. 

 

"Oh and never doubt her love for you. Because other than her oppas, samcheons and direct family like myself, she never had opened up herself to others like she did to you. So never doubt her son,"Appa said seriously. 

 

"I never did and never would. Don't worry abeoji," Joonmyun assured him. 

 

I sat down by the stairs as they conti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter