004

Tough Girl's Sweetheart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tough Girl's Sweetheart 4

 

Haeul POV 

I sat on the car as I stare at the Kim's mansion entrance infront of me. I look at the passenger's seat to find bags of groceries there. How did this come about again? 

 

FLASHBACK TO A WHILE AGO.... 

 

I eyed my phone on the table and sigh. Might as well just ask and get it over with. I dial Heechul samcheon's number and wait as it rang. 

 

"Hello~" A cheerful voice greet me and I already knew it's Heechul samcheon.  

 

"Samcheon!" I exclaim.  

 

"Oh Haeul ah! It's so rare of you to call me. What is it?" Heechul samcheon directly ask. Gee he really don't beat around the bush, does he? 

 

"Hahaha you know me too well samcheon.  Actually I'm getting ready to go to your house to visit Joonmyun oppa. Do you need me to buy anything for oppa? Like medicine or food?" I ask cautiously.  

 

"Actually now that you said it, I just remembered that our cook is on leave and non of my butlers or maid on duty today can cook. So if it's not a burden,  can you cook for Joonmyun?  I won't be in Korea today along with your parents and Exo all will be at the company so no one can cook for him you see," Heechul samcheon explain," You know how to cook right? " 

 

"Yeah I do but not chef level style. Just basics like soups and porridge," I said as I walk around my room. 

 

"Ah! That's good enough.  Joonmyun taste has always been simple so you're good. Oh just buy some fresh vegetables and meat on the way here.  We ran out of it. The rest are available in the kitchen. Make yourself at home when you're here later Haeul ah. You are his fiancée," Heechul samcheon said happily.  

 

"Oh okay. Thanks samcheon. Take care on your trip to Japan and help control appa so he won't drink too much okay?" I laugh at the last part. 

 

"You take care too. I'll try but no promise!" Heechul samcheon said, " Bye cupcakes!" 

 

"Bye samcheon!" I hung up the phone. 

 

So today I'm role playing huh as a wife?  It's okay Haeul,  this is good practice!

 

NOW...

 

I sigh and drive up to the entrace where the guards are. I wind down my window and the guard nod in acknowledgement.  The gates open and I drive down their driveway. A handsome butler was standing by the driveway, waiting. I got out of the car and bow slightly to the older man. 

 

"Young Miss. We have been informed of your arrival," the butler bow and said politely. 

 

"Ah nae! Please don't call me Young Miss. I prefer being called Haeul," I said and smile," And your name is?" 

 

"Ah nae Haeul-sshi. My name is Damien, Kwan Damien, Head butler of the Kims, " Damien said. 

 

"Oh Damien!  You're a foreigner ahjusshi?" I ask, surprised to hear such name. 

 

"Nae Haeul-sshi.  I'm half Korean, half British but born in Korea, " Damien kindly explain and smile. 

 

I took out the grocery bags and lock my car. Damien quickly ask if he could assist me with the bags. 

 

"Uh can you help me put it on the kitchen counter. I'll be cooking today! By the way, where are Exo and Joonmyun?" I ask as we walk into the silent house.  

 

"Young masters are all out at the company today except young master Joonmyun.  He is running a fever so master Kim forbid him to go to the company," Damien explain as he pass the bags to another maid to be taken to the kitchen. 

 

"Oppa has a fever? Is it bad? Should we take him to the doctor?" I felt guilt wash over me again. I made him sick. 

 

"The doctor came last night to check on young master.  The doctor said he is fine, just a normal fever. The doctor had given young master prescribed medicine that is to be taken timely. Just before Haeul-sshi came, I've check his temperature and it has decreased but the fever is still there," Damien explained in details. 

 

"Oh okay. Did he take his medicine already for this morning?" I ask and check the time, which is now 8.46am. 

 

"Not yet Haeul-sshi. Master Kim told us to wait for you to cook him something," Damien said. 

 

"Okay. Then I better start cooking shouldn't I?" I said and walk with Damien towards the kitchen, deciding to see Joonmyun later. 

 

"This is the second main kitchen. This is where usually young master Kyungsoo cooks occasionally. The main kitchen is at the basement where all the cooks cook but it'll be too big of a kitchen for just you in it so it's preferable for you to use this kitchen than the basement kitchen. Is this okay Haeul-sshi?" Damien explain formally.  I feel like I'm being shown around to a house I'll buy......

 

"Oh this is totally fine ahjusshi! This is big enough," I agree and nod," By the way ahjusshi,  how old are you? You seemed young to be a head butler. The head butler of many household are usually 40 years old and above. You look like in your early 30s." 

 

"I'm 46 years old Haeul-sshi," Damien smile.

 

"You're 46?! Woah! You don't look your age, you look way younger!" I exclaim in surprise. 

 

"Thank you Haeul-sshi. It must have been the mix blood," Damien smile and joke. 

 

"Yeah. Should be. You can check on Joonmyun if you want to. I can manage here. I'll call you out if there is a need," I said and tie an apron around my waist. 

 

"Nae Haeul-sshi. If there is a need, just call me out or ask one of the maids to fetch me. I'll be going Haeul-sshi," Damien bow and exit the kitchen. 

 

I turn to the ingredients and smile. Chicken porridge is always the best for a sick person! Cutting the vegetables and preparing the rice, 30 minutes had passed and I'm left with just waiting for the ingredients in the pot to cook to perfection before serving them. I cook a bigger portion as I remember Heechul samcheon said the maids and butler don't know how to cook. After making sure the taste and texture is right, I turn off the stove and untie the apron. I thank Lee Hayi unnie for making me take up cooking classes with her for the last 2 years. Putting a portion in a clean bowl and garnishing it, I smile in satisfaction at my work. Omma is going to be so proud~ I exit the kitchen to find Damien. 

 

"Damien ahjusshi!" I called out. 

 

I call him out a few times but no response came so I turn around to get back to the kitchen but I got a shock to see Damien standing in the kitchen. Damien smile and bow. 

 

"You called me?" Damien ask. 

 

"Uh.... How you get here? Uh nevermind. Yeah I did. Can you help me carry the tray up to Joonmyun's room? I have unstable hands when carrying trays," I ask. 

 

"No problem Haeul-sshi. You should come up too," Damien effortlessly carry the tray and walk. 

 

I walk beside him as we walk to Joonmyun room. We finally reach there. Damien knock before entering.  Damien walk in first then I wake in. His room is the same except now it's a bit messier. A pile of dirty laundry is at the foot of his bed and of course the bed is messy. Damien put the tray on the table beside the bed and went to open up the curtains which made Joonmyun curl into the blankets further in. I giggle seeing him being so stubborn to wake up. 

 

"Young master, wake up please. You need to take your medication," Damien said loudly but Joonmyun gave no response.  

 

Damien wanted to repeat his sentence again but I signal for him to stop.  I don't know why I did it but my body naturally brought me closer to the bed and I sat at the edge. I bring my face closer to his face. 

 

"Oppa, if you don't wake up, the porridge I made would turn cold," I said.

 

"Mmmmmm go away Jongin," Joonmyun moan and turn away. 

 

"Do I sound like Jongin?" I pull down his blanket abit.  

 

I watch in amusement as his back froze after he realise who I am. He turn around to face me while I just smile. He gasp and sat up while rubbing his eyes. I laugh at his cute reaction. 

 

"Good morning!" I said and smile. 

 

"O-oh Haeul you're here!" Joonmyun stutter and blush," And morning."

 

"Yeah I'm here. Kwon Haeul at your service~" I salute him and laugh. 

 

"You're early," Joonmyun said after he caught the time, 9.40am, from his digital clock by his bedside.  

 

"Yupp. I came earlier to cook you something. Eat up oppa and then eat your medication," I said and point to the tray. 

 

"Oh okay," Joonmyun said as he took the bowl of porridge from my hand. 

 

"I may not be as great as your cooks or as great as Kyungsoo but I'm sure mine is edible," I joke which earn him a nervous laughter.  

 

Joonmyun slowly sip on a spoonful of porridge as I watch expectantly.  I hope it really is edible.... Joonmyun turn to me and smile. 

 

"Wow, it taste nice Haeul ah. Don't worry,  it's more than edible. It's delicious!" Joonmyun said and continue eating. 

 

"Really? Wah I'm grateful!  I thought it will be bland or something," I sigh in relief," Oh and Damien ahjusshi,  there are extras in the kitchen. You and the maids can have some if you guys are hungry." 

 

"Nae Haeu-sshi. I will inform the rest. Thank you," Damien bow and smile. 

 

"Oh Ahjusshi! You smiled!" Joonmyun said in surprise. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter