001

Tough Girl's Sweetheart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

PG 13 : THIS STORY CONTAINS SWEARING, MILD VIOLENCE, SLIGHT MENTIONS OF HUMAN TRADING/TRAFFICKING AND DRUGS. IF UNCOMFORTABLE, PLEASE DO EXIT NOW. 

 

 

 

 

Tough Girl's Sweetheart 1

Haeul POV 

I walk into school and everyone turned their heads towards me. I sigh inwardly. Whispers came left and right but I walk straight into school. 

"There is the ice queen." 

"Such a . Just because she's the most top student, she thinks we are all a level below her." 

"She used to be a bully in her previous school I heard."

"Well she's pretty so I don't mind ing her. " 

"I don't mind ing her too. Just look at her body." 

 

Yupp this is the usual everyday since I transfer here a few months ago and now is my last year in this hell hole called Seoul High School. I walk in the hallway and everyone stop to look at me as I walk. I pass-by a long mirror and saw my appearance at a glance. Yes I admit it, I am pretty. Big brown eyes, long black hair and pale white skin, I am what they called one of the Top5 prettiest girl in Seoul High but unfortunately I'm the most Top unapproachable student in Seoul High but I don't mind. This gives me more peace to myself. I walk into class and sat at my desk. I turn to my right to see Joonmyun busy scribbling an essay onto his paper. Or should I say Jaehyun's paper. I frown and clear my throat. Joonmyun look up and smile at me before turning back to the paper. 

 

"You're doing his homework again?" I ask with my eyebrow raised. 

 

"No I'm not. I'm just correcting it. He ask me a favour, " Joonmyun said and smile. 

 

"Don't overwork yourself Joonmyun-sshi," I said gently and face infront where the teacher came in to mark our attendance.  

 

Lunch break came and I wait for everyone to go out of the room before I walk slowly up to the rooftop.  I sat at my area where the couch is and plug in my earpiece.  Big Bang's Loser came on and I hum along. I felt a presence and smile. Opening one eye, I saw Hani waving to me before she settled beside me. Plugging out my earpiece, I hug Hani before looking at the bento on her lap. Hani is my only friend in school but no one in school knows. She knows me well and I consider her as a sister already. Well she is Leon oppa's girlfriend and most likely future wife. 

 

"What you got there?" I point to the big bento box. 

 

"Oh, this. Leon oppa gave it to me to share with you this morning.  He said to take care of you more," Hani said and laugh. 

 

"I'm not a baby anymore," I pouted. Yes, even though I've been label the Ice Queen, I do have emotions. My facade at school is just a cover up. 

 

 " Well you are 19 but in Monsters oppas' eyes,  you're still the little Haeul they grow up with. You're also a baby in my eyes," Hani said and open the bento box. 

 

"Gee Hani ah, you're the same as them now. Hang out with me more than that immature boyfriend of yours," I scoff. 

 

"Hey, he's not immature. He's just baby-like," Hani said and eat. 

 

"Uh huh~ A.K.A childish.  I don't get what you see in him," I said and laugh with my mouth full. 

 

"Yah! Be more lady-like will you?! How you gonna get a husband like this?!" Hani scrowl in disgust.  

 

"I'll die solo then," I smile in victory and continue eating. 

 

Hani shook her head in defeat and just continue eating before I devour the whole bento. Just as we finish our bento, the first bell rang, indicating the end of lunch break. Hani pack up the stuff and we both make our way to the exit. Hani turn to me before descending the stairs. 

 

"Can't you just walk with me? I don't mind people knowing we're friends.  Why don't you want to disclose our friendship? " Hani ask. 

 

"Aniya. I can't do that. It'll ruin you.  Just please. No one needs to know anyways, we're still friends with or without people knowing and that is what that matters," I pleaded. 

 

"You're right. I'm sorry," Hani hug me," See you later. Heard we've got a meeting." 

 

I hug her back and nod.  Yeah the meeting....  I watch as Hani dissappear before I made a move. The teachers know anyways that I'll be late. The whole school is quiet as everyone is in their respective classes. Peacefully strolling down the stairs,  I hum along to Loser when I heard a painful groan followed by the sound of something being hit.  Me being well me, I had to check this out. Following the sounds, it lead me to an empty science lab. I look around and saw no one or classes around. Peaking into the classroom,  I saw Joonmyun crouching on the floor while Jaehyun was towering him with an angry look. Why do he always pick on the weak ones?! This is so getting on my nerves. I press my ear and listen for a while before I decide to do anything. 

 

"You know, for a smart guy like you, you're quite stupid. I told you to finish my history essay first you ing stupid nerd! Not my maths homework! Can't even tell the difference between History and Maths?! Because of you, I'm getting detention today. So this is your punishment, " Jaehyun said harshly before his fist connected with Joonmyun's face. 

 

I wince when I saw Joonmyun drop down and groan in pain. Should I help? If I help then people would know.... Urgh choices... it. I kick open the door and step in with my face. Jaehyun got startled for a while before he smirk as he saw who just interrupted his 'fun'. I look down to see Joonmyun signalling me to go away even though he was clutching his stomach in pain. Aww he doesn't want me hurt. 

 

"Oh it's just the y ice queen. Say a word to anyone and I'll make that pretty face of yours not so pretty. Scram now!" Jaehyun threatened.  

 

"What if I don't want to?" I ask innocently. 

 

"Then stay if you want to and watch me beat this guy up," Jaehyun wink at me. Ewwww....

 

"Let's cut this short bastard. Let him go and go to your class quietly. Do this while I'm asking nicely," I said straight to the point. 

 

"Who the do you think you are?!" Jaehyun rage. 

 

"The y ice queen.  Don't you already know me? Not so smart are you?" I said sarcastically so that it will agitate him further. 

 

"That's it!" Jaehyun said and came charging at me. 

 

I stole a glance and saw Joonmyun trying to hold him back but too late. Jaehyun aim a punch to my face but I clearly saw it and avoid it. Using his confusion state, I jam a punch and hit it directly below his jaw, making him see stars. Jaehyun stagger for a while before collapsing on the floor. I inspect my hand and saw a bit of his blood got onto my hand. I look up to see Joonmyun look at me in shock. I sigh and came nearer to him. He flinch away when I was a bit nearer. 

 

"I'm not gonna hurt you. I just want see how bad your injuries are so I can tend it," I said gently and slowly approach him. 

 

"T-thanks," Joonmyun said as I inspect him. Hmm, bruised lips and eye, bleeding too. 

 

Without him agreeing, I took his hand and lead him to the rooftop.  Joonmyun just follow like a puppy as I drag him by his wrist. Reaching my spot, I push him gently to sit on the couch. He look around as I pull out a first aid box from behind the couch. He look at me in awe. 

 

"I didn't know we can go up the roof," Joonmyun said as he look around. 

 

"No we can't but I can so don't go around spreading it. I want this place to myself, " I said in a monotonous tone as I rumage through the first aid box for a gauze.  

 

"Nope I won't. It's your place anyways," Joonmyun said and smile. 

 

"Thanks, " I smile slightly before dabbing the alcohol gauze onto his wound. 

 

"Ahhhh!" Joonmyun flinch away. 

 

"Sorry, should have warned you. Just a little bit more so hold it for a while," I smile apologetically. 

 

"No. It's not your fault. I should have withstand it," Joonmyun apologise. 

 

I quickly but gently dab at his wound as Joonmyun flinch and wince silently.  Finishing all the touching up, I smile in satisfaction at my skilled work.  I look up to see Joonmyun staring intensely at me. I look away before he can see the rising blush. 

 

"Is there something on my face?" I ask, still facing the opposite way. 

 

"N-no! It's just that I've never seen you smile," Joonmyun said and I turn to see him smile sheepishly.  

 

"Is it weird?" I ask, frowning.  

 

"No. It's pretty," Joonmyun said and blush. 

 

"Thanks," I smile and look away. 

 

"I should be going. My brothers will start to worry, " Joonmyun said and try to get up but sat back down and clutch his stomach. 

 

"Just stay here till the next lesson. It won't hurt to miss a lesson. Plus I'm sure you won't be comfortable with attending Mrs Choi lesson in your state like this," I said. 

 

Joonmyun weakly nod. I pull out my earpiece and phone to listen to some music. Relaxing back into the two seater couch, I let the music consume me as I watch the fluffy c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter