One Step Closer

Suho and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What? Is he serious? You suddenly felt like laughing because you’ve never imagined this fanfiction-worthy scenario is actually happening to you right now. Or is it? His fans are going to kill you and you’re going to jail or back to your country because of the contract. Plus do you really believe that he’s interested in you romantically? He’s just playing with you. You shouldn’t give in. 
Who are you? You’re not even special. You’re just a foreigner who came to this country to work. While he’s a talented and famous idol. That’s it. A somebody like him will not be interested in a nobody like you. This is not a fanfiction! So wake up!
You immediately inserted your palm in between your faces, and pressed it on his mouth and you pushed him away. “Stop making fun of me!” You scolded him. 
He let you go immediately, shaking his head as if trying to regain his consciousness or whatever. He looked at you and you are currently seething in anger. He maybe realized his mistake and he tried to touch you again. “Mianhe. I’ve gone too far.” He really looked sorry though. Maybe because he realized that he offended you and maybe he got scared of your face? Seriously, you are very angry right now. 
“If you want to hear me play, just say so. Okay?” You said. You want to save your student-teacher relationship at least. 
He smiled shyly this time. So you walked to the living room to get your violin. You came back with a violin on one hand and its bow on the other. “What do you want me to play?” 
He tried to think for a while and he’s pouting and he just looks so cute. Hoo, hoo, hoo stop right there. “Can you play by ear?” He asked. 
You smiled. You can already play by ear at 14. “What do you want me to play?” You asked again with a proud grin on your face. 
Joonmyeon looked so amused at your display of self-confidence. “Play an EXO song.” 
Your smile disappeared and you pouted. “But I’m not familiar with your songs.” You blurted and then you realized that you probably shouldn’t have said that so you put your hand over your mouth. “Sorry.” 
Then Joonmyeon laughed. “How many times do you have to listen to the song to play it?” 
“It depends if the song is catchy. Let me try. What do you want me to play?” You asked a third time. You even rolled your eyes. 
Joonmyeon pulled out his cellphone from his pockets and signaled you to come closer. He then played a song that’s quite catchy. He looked at you observing your reaction and the way you concentrate to translate it into notes in your head. Then as you listen, you felt weird about the lyrics. It’s like about a guy who is very jealous and possessive. 
“You don’t like it?”
You shook your head. “Ahniyo. It’s just, I’m not into songs that has lyrics.”
He looked at you like there’s some words written in your face using the smallest font size the he can’t read. You laughed.
“I’ve always wanted to be a famous violinist. But I realized that most people don’t like songs that has no lyrics. When I was young, I disliked songs that has lyrics because I think that other people are stupid and doesn’t know how to appreciate good music. That’s why I’m not familiar with most pop music and musicians.” You explained. “But I’ve matured now.” You added. He continued to stare at you like you’re a puzzle that’s too difficult for him to solve. After the song ended you looked at him. “What’s the title of that song?” 
“Eureurong.” 
You nodded and asked him to play it one more time. “Okay, I’ll try now. But it’s not gonna be perfect. Let me get my earphone.” You dashed to your bag in the sofa and came back with an earphone and plugged it into Joonmyeon’s phone. Then you asked him to play the song as you listen to it. 
Then you started playing it. The moment you started you saw Joonmyeon’s face in awe. His mouth went open and he looked at you like you’re an apparition of his angel or something. But you don’t want to look at him because he is distracting so you closed your eyes and continued as the song continues in your ears too. On your left ear is the ear phone and on the right is the sound of you making music through your violin and they are mixing well. 
When you’re done, Joonmyeon started clapping and even gave you a standing ovation. “That was really good.” He praised. 
You shook your head. “I’m pretty sure I made a lot of mistakes. To be honest, I’m more comfortable with music sheets.” You said. Then you noticed the ddeokbokki that he didn’t finish on the table. “Yah! Suho! You didn’t even eat your ddeokbokki! You said you’re eating it while I play!” 
That’s when he started laughing really hard. His face even went as red as a ripe tomato. His stomach must have hurt from laughing to he keeps pressing it. 
“Why are you laughing like it will kill you soon?” You asked, confused of what’s funny to him.
“Because you call me Suho when you’re mad at me and for some reason I like it better when you call me by that name.” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter