Labels

Suho and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m Bryce Duerre, one of the music coordinator for David Garrett’s Asian tour.” The person introduced himself. You gulped and immediately scrambled off of the sofa and away from Joonmyeon’s warmth to get enough distance and give the person on the other line your undivided attention. The boy was looking at you suspiciously and you had to signal him to stay put. As you walked further to the glass wall and your eyes settled on the darkness outside. Why in the world would they call you if they’ve already chosen someone for the opening act?
“I-It’s nice to mee- uh, ye-” You don’t know what to reply. “I’m Maya Cruz. Nice to meet you.” You’re not speaking to a Korean and you’ve gotten used to introducing yourself every single time. “Uh. H-how can I help you?” You started worrying your lower lip.
“We saw the video that you sent, Ms. Cruz. You’re the only one who sent an original composition and it was heavenly. Have you checked the website yet?” He asked. 
Despite your confusion, you’re too curious about the call. “Y-yes. Is this an apology call?” You asked. 
The person laughed. “No it’s not, Miss Cruz. We just can’t overlook talents like yours so we decided to feature you for a special performance of your composition before David’s final piece on the concert. So actually this is a congratulatory call.” He also laughed after he said the last sentence. Then you felt like your heart stopped beating. 
“Are you serious?” Your voice was fading because you almost choked. 
“Yes. You mentioned on your video that your favorites are Paganini and Kreisler, does that mean you can also do Paganini?” 
“Yes.” You said.
“Perfect. Two weeks from now, our team will arrive in Seoul and we’d like to meet and hear you in person.” He explained. But there’s a question that you wanted to ask. 
“D-Did David Garrett see my video too?” Oh my goodness, you’re such a fangirl.
The man laughed again like he found your question ridiculous. “Of course. He decides on who joins him on his stage, Miss Cruz. He really liked your piece that’s why he wanted to have you not as an opening act but for a special performance. Since you can do Paganini, who knows; he might do a duet with you.” 
“Oh no, don’t get my hopes up too high Mr. Duerre.” You said and the laughed once again. 
“You’re a witty girl. I wont take much of your time now as I might be disturbing something. I’ll contact you once again about the time and place for our rehearsal, okay?” 
Your heart skipped a beat at the word rehearsal. 
“Thank you very much, Mr. Duerre.”
“No probs. Your video is on David’s YouTube account by the way. It was posted three days ago if you must know. Have a great evening.” 
The call have already ended and you still have the phone on pressed on your ears. You wanted to cry. This is like a dream. You thought that your dream to become a professional violinist has already ended before it even started when you couldn’t take music in college because your parents said it wasn’t practical. 
“Are you okay?” You heard Joonmyeon’s voice and you automatically turned to him. Then to his surprise, you jumped into his arms and hugged him really tight while his arms wrapped around you in reflex so you won’t fall. 
“I was invited for a special performance on David Garrett’s concert and I’ll play my own composition.” You told him as you press your cheek on his neck and you tiptoe to stay in his arms. “They liked it. They liked my music.” You were so happy.
Joonmyeon ran his hands on your back. “Told you.” He whispered. 
Then you pulled away from him and you looked at him in the eyes. It was him. It was Joonmyeon who insisted that you play your own song and even tricked you into believing he will send the other video when he actually sent your piece. He believed in you more than you believed in yourself. “Gomawo...” You told him. 
Joonmyeon tilted his head and smiled at you. “I only accept kisses.” 
You pouted. “My friend called you a ert because of what you did to my neck.” 
He just laughed. What in the world? He’s even happy to be called a ert? 
“Because I am.” He answered, smirking. 
“So you’re a masochist and a ert... That’s a dangerous combination you know? I should run away.” You said and ran back to the living room. You wanted to for some reason. But he was quicker, his steps were wider and his arms stronger. He caught you as you get to the side of the sofa to get away from him, laughing. “Let me go!” You squealed and struggled when he lifted you and pinned you to the sofa. You tried to use your knees but he immediately placed his weight on you and that made you still because you could feel his body on top of you so you stopped struggling. 
“I haven’t kissed you for more than 24 hours.” He said, he’s dangerously close. He’s talking about 24 hours as if it’s decades in his dictionary. 
“You just did. Earlier, remember?” You reminded him.
“Not properly.” 
You rolled your eyes. “It’s not like you’re going to die.” 
Suddenly, Joonmyeon’s face became serious. “I might.”  
But because you’re happy and you’re in the mood and he really looked so handsome wearing his serious face, you s your hands around his neck and pulled him to you and as soon as your lips met; he was quick to take over. He captured your lips with his in a searing kiss like his life depended on it. He was gentle and rough, sweet and possessive at the same time. 
You immediately responded with as much intensity as he was giving. 
He held you closer, his hands traveling from the back of your head downwards. His tongue brushing on yours after he slipped inside your mouth swiftly made you hold your breath again. His skin hot against yours and as you went on, you felt the urge to touch more...to kiss more... And that’s when you know that you should continue no more. 
Shoot it. You’re liking it. You’re starting to like kissing. This is not good. Limits. There should be limits. 

$$$

Mr. Gong’s face lit up in surprise and happiness. “Chincha? Wow! You really are something, Maya.” 
Your face heated up. You told the man about the good news that you received last Friday. Tonight’s Play Me episode is done and you stayed behind to speak to him. “I don’t know about that.”
“Ah. There you are again. You clearly have the talent but you have to be confident you know.” Mr. Gong tapped your shoulder. “You can go far. But only as far as your confidence will take you.” 
You know what he means. It’s not like you’re not confident about your talent, it’s just that...well haha Mr. Gong is right, you really are not confident enough.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter