You versus fate

Suho and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to you...” 
After the loud wailing; well actually that was what your brothers call singing, but they’re technically tone deaf so you shrugged and blew the candle giggling like some invisible hand is tickling your sides. Then everyone clapped their hands.
You wiped the small bead of moisture that accumulated on the sides of your eyes. It has been two years since the last time you celebrated your birthday with your family and you’re so happy that you get to do it again today even if your birthday is still in two weeks. 
“Are you going to meet David Garrett again, ate?” Nyle, your younger brother asked after you all settled on the dining table to get a taste of your mother’s homemade Blackforest cake. Before you even answered; your youngest brother Nathan also asked his question.
“Are you going to meet EXO again, too?” Nathan asked. He’d become so interested in EXO after knowing about your appearance in Chanyeol’s Instagram account even if he doesn’t know them prior to that. Though they only know about your encounter with EXO on David Garret’s concert. So far, only your mother knows and she hasn’t spilled it to the boys in the family; probably waiting for you to be the one to do it. But, you’re not going to. At least, not for now or anytime soon.
You swallowed first and cleared your throat afterwards before answering. “Uhm, I’m really not sure if I’ll meet them again.” You said. First of all, before David Garrett left; he told you he’d love to have you in one of his concerts again soon but you’ve never heard of him or Mr. Duerre since. Then, about EXO, you only hope you’d never cross paths again. 
It’s been three weeks since you’ve seen that video of EXOs interview where Joonmyeon confirmed his hatred towards you. He told you before that whenever he sees strawberry, it reminds him of you and telling the world about how he suddenly don’t like strawberries could only mean that his feelings towards you made him feel that way. Or maybe not and you’re just over-thinking again.
However, you did a lot of thinking. You’re so ashamed of what you did. You don’t blame Joonmyeon for feeling that way because you’d feel the same. Even your mother said she didn’t like what you did. So, you decided that Joonmyeon doesn’t deserve someone like you. He deserve someone who will never leave him for any reason at all, someone who’s willing to fight, someone who’s everything that you are not. 
Tomorrow, you’re going back to Seoul. This time, you’re going there not as a tutor but as a musician. That’s the reason why your family celebrated your birthday today. 
You had that feeling you get when you’re being stared at, and when you looked to your father’s direction; you only confirmed that feeling to be true. It’s no secret to the family how your father feels about music as a profession and occupation, but thankfully; since you came back, he’s never brought up anything about what you’ve done with your life so far. Somehow you’re thankful because you always feel bad about it even though you know you won’t feel happy if you followed his wishes anyway.. 
So after dinner, you came to your father’s study room before you head to bed. You’re not going back to Korea without having settled everything between you and your father. You knocked three times and waited for something to confirm that it’s okay for you to enter. As you wait, you felt something heavy settling on your left shoulder and you gasped when as you turned; you saw your father behind you. You had to press your hand to your chest as if it could steady your heartbeat. “Pa! You scared me!” 
Your father smiled and you just want to melt at its warmth. “Don’t be a stranger. You don’t usually knock before...” He reminded you and you smiled when you realized what he meant. You followed him inside. You noticed that he was carrying a cup of coffee. 
Your relationship with your father was all good until a few months before your highschool graduation when you told him you wanted to get a degree in music. Since then, you’d become awkward around him. You were angry that’s why. 
Your father sat on one of the chairs facing each other in front of his desk instead of his swivel chair behind it. He motioned for you to sit in front of him and you did, with your shoulders hunched and nervous as if you’re being called to the principal’s office. This is going to be the first time in a long time that you’re going to actually be having a serious conversation. You’d avoided your father as much as you can before.
“Your mama told me that you’ve finally fallen in love?” You heard your father ask you and your jaw dropped. That’s not even the kind of conversation you want to be having with your father right now. 
“Err... Something like that.” You made a face and maybe flushed a little and you saw how small your father’s eyes have become with how big his smile is and you know that he’s enjoying the situation. You stared at his face; one thing that you haven’t done in a long time and noticed the strands of gray hairs on his temples, those lines at the corner of his eyes when he smiles... And it all dawned on you that your father had aged a lot since the last time you paid attention. Your heart constricted. You felt like such a bad child. Your eyes blurred and you didn’t see when your father’s hand reached your face because you just felt it as you drown in your tears. You felt a pulsation course through your body as you blinked away fresh tears and as your eyes fixated on your father’s blurred image. 
“Don’t cry honey...” Your father said. His tone is consoling. 
“Sorry papa.” You uttered, throat tightening at the emotions you’re feeling at the moment. “Sorry I can’t be what you want me to be.” 
You felt, instead of seeing your father shake his head as his hand continue to caress the back of your head and you realized how you missed that so much. “No. It’s me. I’m sorry for pushing you to become someone you’re not, someone you can’t be.” Right after he said that, you leapt into your father’s lap and hugged him for the first time in a really long time. 

$$$

The moment you stepped out of the arrival area, you stopped dead in your tracks and you felt like you’ve been literally frozen at the sudden chill that embraced you. 
Dona laughed as she catches up from behind you. “What, you forgot how the sun really hates Korea on the love month?” 
You smiled. “Yeah.” You said admittedly and pulled out your phone to check on the temperature. It says 0.4°C (32.7°F). You forgot that December, January and February in Seoul is really the hardest months for you. You can still see the snow on the street. 
“Here.” You heard Dona first before you noticed that she was handing you something. You recognized it as a disposable hand warmer. 
“You’re my savior.” You said when you accepted the heat pack.
Laughing, Dona made a face at you. “You got 98 percent of my loyalty when you got me that EXO album with all the members’ signature in it.” 
You raised a brow at the percentage she mentioned. “Just 98 percent?” 
“Yes. You’d have gotten the 100 percent, which means I would’ve become your slave if you got Kris and Luhan’s too.” She said and immediately put a hand over . Her eyes widening as if she’d just realized something. Then she whispered; “Uhm... Is it already okay to talk about EXO with you?” She sounded really careful.
You didn’t totally feel offended or insulted of some sort, contrary to what Dona might still be thinking. You’re not that sensitive. So you shook your head as you laugh. “It’s okay.” You said.
But after that, Dona never mentioned anything about EXO anymore since then.

$$$

You shouldn’t be doing this. You’re insane. Worse than a masochist. 
Nope. You’re doing this because it’s important. 
You scrolled down. Every couple of seconds there are updates. New pictures everywhere. Fancams here and there. People posting every little detail. 
Shoot. You should stop. 
So this is Tumblr. You didn’t know how this Tumblr technology works until today.
You’ve already decided that you totally deserve Joonmyeon’s anger and that you should stay away from him because you d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter