New Student

Suho and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My name is Hyun-Ae.” Says your student. You noticed that she has improved in her intonation and clarity. “I rove praying tennis.” You bit your lower lip. She still has some issues with the letter /r/ and /l/. 
“Very good! You just have to practice more with your /r/ and /l/ pronunciation. Read a lot of books and read out loud okay? So that you can practice the muscles in your mouth in making the sound.” You told her. Hyun-Ae who was your student since you came to South Korea a year and nine months ago, and she has become a friend to you. She’d improved a lot because you started from zero with her. Colors, numbers and alphabets. And now she can already carry on a comprehensible conversation in English with only grammar, lack of vocabulary and pronunciation issue. Which is practically going to be corrected by immersion and that’s actually what’s going to happen because today was your last day with her since she is leaving for Canada tomorrow. She’s going there for a masters degree or something.
Hyun-Ae started crying in front of you. You’ve also grown attached to her but you don’t like showing too much emotion. People don’t call you a poker-face for no reason. 
You reached out to Hyun-Ae and hugged her. “You’re gonna be okay there, Hyun-Ae-ya. We’ll get in touch. Okay?” Shoot. You’re about to cry too. 
“Am I your last student today?” She asked. You nodded. Then she looked happy and excited. “Then! I’m going to treat you. Let’s have your favorite jjampong and some makchang.” 
You gave her a look. “I’m paying.” 
She shook her head. “No!” And you couldn’t counter her determined look. 
So you both went to a Makchang Restaurant. Though you don’t really eat meat, Hyun-Ae’s makchang is actually only for her. You’re gonna have your favorite jjampong since it’s also starting to get cold in this country so you just need one.
It was already 8 pm when you both went out of the restaurant after fighting in front of the cashier of who’s going to pay. But well, since Hyun-Ae insists you let her win.
You were walking in the middle of a night market. There’s a lot of these things in Seoul. The two of you are looking at things, then you heard screaming and shouting. Mostly of girls and when you looked in front of you, you saw camera men and a lot of girls following a group of guys while being filmed. 
“Omo! It’s Infinite.” Says a girl behind you. Then they ran as they ready their phones on their hands. 
Shaking your head, you and Hyun-Ae looked at each other rolling both your eyes at the same time. Both of you are not so into pop music. So you walked into the opposite direction to avoid the noise and the commotion. 
You and Hyun-Ae talked for a while before you stopped in front of the subway station. Once again Hyun-Ae hugged you. She’s really sweet and you have really grown attached with her and she to you. 
“Reply to me on Line okay? Don’t be so lazy.” Hyun-Ae shouted as you enter the station. You waved at her and so did she. 
The smile on your face disappeared when you entered the train and as you sat, you felt really lonely. 
“English? Do you speak English?” You heard a voice behind you and you found a white person with a back pack, carrying a piece of paper in his hand looking for an English speaker.
You walked towards him. “Can I help you?”
He smiled. He looked so relieved to see you. Although because of your fair skin and eyes, you sometimes get mistaken as a Korean, he looked at you like you’re an angel. 
“Thank goodness. I’m actually lost. I don’t know which station to take to get to the U.S. Embassy.” He showed you the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter