Way Too Fast

Suho and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kamsahamnida.” You told the waitron after he’s done setting up the food that you and Joonmyeon ordered on your table. You smiled at him when he finally looked at you and he returned a small awkward smile, then he quickly bowed and left the table like he can’t wait to be away from you and EXOs Suho. Millennium Seoul Hilton Hotel is really beautiful. Joonmyeon told you that places like these guarantees privacy to most celebrities and that is why this is one of the places most idols go without worrying for a scandal the next day. 
The food in front of you looked so delicious. When you started eating, the beautiful plating didn’t disappoint. “Oh, this is sooo good!” Your eyes closed on their own as you savor the taste. You just love love love Italian. 
“You taste better.” You heard Joonmyeon say. The food you were swallowing got stuck somewhere in your esophagus, you reached for the glass of water and immediately gulped it down half empty. You reached to step on his foot under the table but he didn’t even budge. 
“You really have no shame, don’t you?” You glanced around for any unwanted listeners. Only to realize it’s impossible for other people to hear you because you took the table that is at the corner by the window with a great view of the Han River and a good portion of Seoul. The next table is probably five meters away and it’s unoccupied. Thank goodness. 
Smiling so wickedly, Joonmyeon leaned forward to whisper just enough for you to hear the words “I’ll take you over food anytime.” 
Heat crept to your face at such kind of conversation over dinner. “You’re a ert.” You said. 
Joonmyeon laughed so hard. Okay. So he liked it. “I like it when you blush. You look so beautiful.” 
He’s just teasing you. Throughout your meal, he’d been the perfect dinner partner. He’d ask you what you want and was sensitive enough with what you need because he’s already handing it to you even before you asked for it. 
“Where’s my cake?” You asked him. You managed to convince him to bring the cake at least, but it was no longer in his hands when he came out from a room after speaking to someone; shortly after you arrived here. 
Joonmyeon smiled and looked to the side; to where the servers are standing. He nodded at them and in a moment, a waitron came out holding your cake with the candle already lit on top of it. Then suddenly, a Happy Birthday song is being played in the entire restaurant. 
After the song was over you silently made a wish, and that is for good health to everyone you love and for what you and Joonmyeon have to last for the rest of your lives. That’s a little bit too cheesy so you’re never going to say it out loud. Then you blew the candle. 
Joonmyeon tried to squeeze your wish out of you but you also tried all night to dodge his questions and push the conversation to a different direction. You talked about basically anything, from his tour to their comeback preparation and even that touchy topic during their concert tour in your country knowing that you’re in the same country but not knowing exactly where you are. 
“I thought of you the whole time.” You could still see the sadness in his eyes. Normally, you find these kinds of conversation so corny, but you reached for his hand over the table and gave it an assuring squeeze. 
“Me too.” You admitted and immediately after, Joonmyeon’s lips twisted into one of the most pleased smile you’ve ever seen him give you. Then you realized, Joonmyeon might start thinking that you’re going to leave again because you’re being sweet so you pulled your hand away, earning yourself a frown from the boy. 
He opened his mouth to say something when both of you heard something. Instantly, you reached for your bag and pulled out your phone. It was your brother calling you. Your parents and your youngest sibling have already greeted you this morning. You thought that he probably missed your birthday or he’s just too busy with work. He’s now being trained to manage your family’s business as your father’s assistant. 
“It’s my brother, can I take it?” You asked Joonmyeon who nodded right away and even gave you a small smile. “Hello?” You answered. 
“Ate! I’m so sorry I wasn’t able to greet you earlier. I hope I wasn’t disturbing anything.” You laughed a little. “But, happy happy happy birthday. I love you so much and I miss you. I hope you’re happy there.” You felt goosebumps on your skin because you and your brothers aren’t exactly the affectionate type, and usually; when you feel like it, you’re normally the one who gets all cheesy towards them and not the other way around, but only once in a blue moon. 
“Gosh, Nyle I’ll treasure this day. I should have recorded this conversation.” You and he just laughed out loud. “I love you too. I’ll go visit soon, take care of everyone okay?”
“Hmm, you’re trying to get rid of me. Are you with someone?” Nyle asked with emphasis on the last word.
“Shut up! I love you. Bye!” And you ended the call. 
“Why are you so flustered?” Joonmyeon apparently noticed your face turned red. 
“It’s just my brother being an .” You said and then you heard him chuckle. 
“Your cussing sounds cute...” Amusement is written all over his face. Wait. You just did? Great!
“Well, obviously I learned from the best.” And by the best you meant him. 
“You’ll learn a lot more from me.” He said, shrugging. “You should live with me.” He added, looking at your face directly and gauging your reaction. 
Whoa. Wait. Hang on a second. Is this what you think this is? Is he inviting you to- no. Why? He can’t be serious. Yet. It’s too early. Wait. Ah. That’s right. He’s just kidding. So you laughed. “Right. I’ll have to stay away from your apartment from now on.” You said, as you remembered what he told you earlier back there. 
Joonmyeon’s eyebrows drew together in a frown as he tipped his head to the side to get a better angle at your face. “Why?”
Joonmyeon’s pastime is tormenting you, and he does half the time; maybe 50% unwittingly. He knows the answer to his question and you’re just not comfortable answering it directly because..well, you were surprised that’s actually how he’d been feeling the entire time. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter