This Is What I Want

Suho and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You popped an Aspirin on your mouth and focused on how to swallow it. You did several positions just to be able to get it down your throat.
“I don’t think self medicating is good. You have to visit a doctor.” You heard Dona behind you. She sounded so worried. Why wouldn’t she be when she caught you crying in pain earlier?
You shook your head. “I’ll be fine.” You said after you’ve finally swallowed the pill. You took gulps of orange juice just to remove the bitterness still left in your mouth. 
“Maya...” Dona said with resignation on her tone. 
You turned around. “I’m feeling better now. The doctor’s just going to tell me what I already know.” You told her. Yes. This isn’t the first time this had happened. The first time it did was in high school. Your school orchestra had a benefit concert and you practiced so hard for four consecutive days before the actual concert and you got an overuse injury. It’s caused by overwork under conditions of high muscle stress brought on by repeated controlled movements. This is a common problem for string musicians. 
This is all your fault. You haven’t played as often as you do now for so many years and you have forgotten this tendency of yours. You opened the fridge and pulled out the gel pack you placed there earlier and pressed it on your arm where the pain is, this usually relieves the inflammation. 
You smiled at Dona as you sat in front of her. “No worries. I have practiced enough, and I have three days before David Garret arrives and we start practicing together. I will take a rest from practicing until then.” Dona still looked at you so worriedly. 
“I don’t know what to say anymore.” She said and sighed.
“Come on. Stop worrying, okay? I’m a nurse, I know what I’m doing.” You said, thinking that would lull her. Instead she gave you a mocking glare. 
“You don’t even have a license. You only studied it but you’ve never been. You only took it to please your family so don’t use that on me, Maya.” 
You made a face. That’s true. Even that course wasn’t to your parent’s liking. You remembered fighting for Creative and Performing Musical Arts course but they didn’t approve of it and wanted you to take a business related course. You only got away with a nursing course because you convinced your parents that you dreamed of going abroad. The rest is a long agonizing history.
“You’re so busy recently. You don’t even rest anymore. You probably should just focus on one. You can either play or teach, because now that you’re doing both, you don’t even get a rest day!” Dona continued ranting. 
“But I like doing bo-” You were silenced by the bread the Dona suddenly shoved into your mouth. 
“Shush!” She pushed the orange juice in front of you. “You have personal one-on-one lessons from Monday to Saturday, sometimes on Friday you go to Music Bank to play and then on Sunday’s you have Play Me. Your parents didn’t allow you to come to Korea to work your off like a slave. You’re on my care, remember?” She reminded you. It’s true, she was the one who convinced your parents to allow you to go abroad and she had to swear on her life to watch over you and get you back home in the same condition as you left. 
Dona is right. Your schedule got so messed up. You used to have Saturdays and Sundays as your day off. Now that you teach EXO and you start playing, you had to rush everyday. You then remembered when Mr. Ok told you that Joonmyeon is angry at him and told him that you’re already loaded so he shouldn’t give you Tao’s lessons anymore. But it was okay because you have him and Jongin at the same time. 
Still, they have a point. But what can you do now? You can’t abandon both. 

$$$

“On Wednesday next week, the boys are going to Thailand for a two-day concert and we might stay there for three nights and four days. So, I will still contact you to see if we can find time for them have their lessons by Skype.” Mr. Ok told you. With only two more weeks before your contract with the boys ends, you’ve gotten pretty busy yourself too. Especially next week. 
You will finally meet David Garrett because his team will arrive this Sunday, and then his concert is on Tuesday evening. Then on Thursday evening you; including Gyuri and Dongwook will accompany Cho Kyuhyun on his performance at the KBS Drama Awards as well as the day after at Music Bank since his song is still in top 3. Then by Sunday there’s still Play Me. 
You told Mr. Ok about your schedule and if it’s possible to let you know about the boys’ schedule in advance. “Wow, you’re so busy.”
You smiled. “It’s overwhelming, but I’m enjoying it.”
Mr. Ok tapped you on the shoulder. “Is this what you want?” He asked.
“Yes.” You said nodding, wondering why he’d ask you that question. 
“I always ask that question to the boys.” He said. “Despite the difficulties that accompanies being an idol, since this is what they want; they strive, they continue.” Mr. Ok smiled. “They stay...” The last words sounded meaningful and you remembered those two boys who left. Does that mean that they didn’t want this as much as the others? Who knows. 
The door opened and loud voices entered the living room as the boys came in sweaty and tired from their practice. They’ve been practicing almost everyday since the week started and there were even times when Tao would sleep on your lap after your lesson because he’s so exhausted. 
A smile appeared on Tao’s face when he noticed you and Mr. Ok on the sofa. “Noona!” He ran towards you like a kid. He sat in between you and Mr. Ok and took your hands to put it to his head and you had to use every ounce of your strength not to yelp in pain. You know why the boy did that. It was because the last time you allowed him to use your lap as his pillow, you were massaging his head and he said that felt really good and it seems like he wanted you to do it again. 
“Tao, you’re still sweaty.” Joonmyeon reminded the boy.
“Don’t be so jealous, hyung. You monopolize Maya-noona so much.” Says Tao. 
“What do you mean he monopolize Maya so much?” Mr. Ok asked.
Your breathing halted. Shoot. Yeah, what is Tao talking about? Wait. Does he know? What does he know?
“That’s not true. Joonma-hyung has to perfect his English most because he’s our leader and he does the speaking most of the time that’s why he doesn’t want you to join his lessons because you’re whiny and clingy.” Baekhyun said. 
You noticed Kyungsoo looking straight at Tao and the boy pressed his lips together realizing what he’s done. Then the other boys ganged up on Tao playfully. 
“Zitao, don’t touch my noona.” Sehun calls you ‘my noona’ now since the first time he used that with Jongin. 
“Shower up first, Tao-yah.” Kyungsoo told the boy who reluctantly stood to do so. 
“Maya, we’ll let Jongin and Tao shower first before your lesson. Come with us to the kitchen, we ordered a lot of food.” Joonmyeon told you and you had to gulp first. Shoot again. You can’t look at Mr. Ok right now. It’s very touching how the other members are protecting you and their leader but it only made you feel worse because it’s like you’re all making Mr. Ok blind. 
“Double time Tao, Jongin...” Mr. Ok said as he stood and pulled out his phone to check on something. “I’m going ahe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter