Alone With JoonMyeon

Suho and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You gulped and had to breathe in and out. Joonmyeon is seeing his three members and Mr. Ok to the door and you.. Well you are nervous. You can’t even understand yourself. 
Joonmyeon seems like a nice guy. But you feel scared to be alone with him. You’re still standing in the middle of the living room. When you heard the door being shut, you panicked for a while. First you tried to sit and then stood again and then sat again then realized you should already pull out your materials. Yes, that’s what you should do now. 
You pulled out several student textbooks, dictionary and a pen and lastly was your journal from your bag. But you realized, it’s just your first session so you won’t need textbooks yet because you still have to evaluate his level. When you were about to put the textbooks back, you heard him speak.
“Sorry about the boys, they’re just ganging up on Dongyul-hyung.” He told you and when you looked up to him, he was already standing in front of you. You smiled to hide your anxiety. 
“I understand.” You said. “Shall we start now?” You asked afterwards. 
Joonmyeon looked at you as if trying to read you. He must have noticed that something’s up with you even if you try your best to hide it. Afraid that he might be able to read your mind, you wanted to distract him. 
“Do you want to do it here?” You asked. “Or do you prefer somewhere else? Wait, there’s no table.” You looked around.
Then Joonmyeon suddenly laughed. “Are you scared of me?” He sat on the couch right across you. Shoot. You wondered what’s with his smile. It’s very distracting to you. 
“Ahniyo. Why would I be?” 
Joonmyeon shrugged and he’s still looking at your face as if he’s seeing a lot of things in there. “You shouldn’t be. I don’t bite.” He said. Then you realized that you’re probably just fretting on nothing. He looks like he’s trying to be extra friendly just to make you feel comfortable and you shouldn’t make it hard for him because it is your job. 
You took a deep breath and that helped somehow. You felt guilty of the way you acted that made Joonmyeon uncomfortable too. “Mianhamnida.” You decided to be truthful. “Actually I’m just feeling a little anxious because obviously I’ve never taught someone like you before.” You said and at the same time laughing at yourself. 
Joonmyeon nodded and he looked appreciative of your truthfulness. “Dongyul-hyung said you’re from the Philippines, but you’re Hangul is great.” 
“Kamsahamnida. I was trained for it. I wouldn’t be here if I can’t.” You said. That was the rule. In your company, if you can’t pass the Hangul communication test, you can’t teach in Korea. 
Joonmyeon looked so impressed. “I hope I’ll be able to speak English fast like you do Hangul.” He told you. Then you were reminded that you should already be starting. You still have a class this afternoon for your online students. You glanced at the digital wall clock above the tv and turned to Joonmyeon to smile at him. 
“I will try my best. That’s why we should start.” You told him and took your journal so you can start evaluating his level. “Today, I’m going to gauge your English communication skills so that I can choose the right lesson level for you.” You explained. You’re starting to calm down and relax. This is actually because you love teaching. The feeling of imparting your knowledge to others and seeing their improvement is very satisfying to you. 
“Before we start, is there anything you need? Are you hungry? Do you want a drink?” Joonmyeon offered. He’s really very kind. 
“I’m okay.” And besides, you can hold your thirst since you’ll only be staying for an hour. You wrote his name on top of the notebook as he looks at you writing. You looked up to him and almost had to gasp when your eyes met. “S-So, I’m going to ask you some questions. There’s no right or wrong answer, this is only to gauge your communication level.” 
“What kind of questions?” 
“Anything. Basically just about yourself. So we’re going to speak in English the whole time, okay?” You asked him. 
When you looked at him, you just wished he would stop smiling because it’s just disturbing. But then you reprimanded yourself, it’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter