Deal Breaker

Suho and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Last night you have allowed yourself to be too comfortable with Joonmyeon. For him to get his way with you. Girl, you actually made out with him before you recorded your audition video. What the hell were you thinking? 
Why can’t your relationship be as simple as yours with Jongin and Tao and Sehun and Chanyeol and the others? 
Well, you already know the answer to that. It’s because he’s different. You see him differently. Which is not supposed to be. 
And why is he here? When did he arrive? You didn’t notice him entering the room. His presence is only making you feel nervous and jumpy. 
Then he started shaking his head and you don’t know why. When you followed his eyes, he was looking at your right hand that Jongin was holding close to his face as he sleeps. You rolled your eyes. 
“He’s not feeling well.” You told him. 
Joonmyeon nodded. “He needs to rest.” Then Tao came back also surprised of Joonmyeon’s sudden appearance in the living room.
“Oh, hyung! Your event is done?” Tao asked. 
The older smiled at the younger. “Ne. Jongin has a fever. What did you guys do today?” He asked sounding like a father asking his son. 
“We played a little and then they slept.” Tao reported as he sat beside you once again. He was talking about Sehun and Jongdae who he played with when you arrived earlier. They were playing some games on xbox. “He’s a little listless today but I didn’t know he has a fever.” He reached for Jongin’s neck. 
“We have to get him to his bed.” Joonmyeon said and already stood and walked towards your direction.
“Don’t wake him up.” You said. Jongin is sleeping so soundly now and it wouldn’t be nice to disturb him because he looked so weak and tired. 
“But you have to leave now, you still have to practice for tomorrow’s Play Me, right?” Joonmyeon reminded you.
Tao laughed. “Why do you know noona’s schedule, hyung?” 
Your eyes and Joonmyeon’s met but you looked down on Jongin immediately. 
“I know because I want to know.” He told the younger boy. “Help me pick Jongin up.” He leaned and together, he and Tao carried Jongin who was never disturbed by the movements. When the two have left, you heard voices talking by the door and saw Chanyeol and Kyungsoo with bubble teas on their hands. 
“Oh, noona... Annyeonghaseyo!” Chanyeol said and bowed then followed by Kyungsoo. You greeted them back.
They went closer to you and shook your hand. Then Kyungsoo’s eyes were on your gig bag. “Are you going to KBS again, noona?” He asked.
You nodded. “Ne. We’re going to practice for tomorrow’s episode. You might know our guest, her name is IU.” You said.
Both their faces lighted up. “She sings great live. We should watch that episode tomorrow.” Chanyeol commented. 
You smiled and started gathering your bags aready. 
“What are you doing tomorrow morning, noona?” Kyungsoo asked. 
“I’m going to church in the morning and then maybe go somewhere with my friend afterwards, waeyo?” You asked. 
“It’s our day off tomorrow. Maybe you can come play with us?” Kyungsoo said.
“Oh, you’re a Christian too noona?” Chanyeol asked.
“I’m a Catholic.” You answered and all ready to go. 
Kyungsoo scrunched up his nose and looked at you with those trademark look on his face that only he can pull off and still manage to look really cute and squishy. “Would you date someone from another religion, noona?” 
You looked at him and thought of the question. You’ve never really thought about that before so that’s a new question. “I can’t really imagine myself dating someone of another faith.” You answered truthfully. “That would be really difficult.”
That’s when Tao and Joonmyeon came back from Jongin’s room. 
“So you’re only going to date a Catholic?” Chanyeol tried to clarify and Tao started to jump in glee. 
“Yes! I’m a Catholic noona!” The cute Zitao stood beside you with his adorable cheeky face. You just couldn’t help but smile at him. 
“How about a Christian?” Kyungsoo asked. 
“Catholics are technically Christians too... Although I prefer a Catholic, a Christian is fine with me.” You explained and Chanyeol started laughing as he claps his hands and bobs his head a little too exaggerated but well, that’s his normal reaction and it makes him look really cute and funny with his toothy grin. He was laughing at something on Joonmyeon’s face, because the man kinda looked lost and sorry for some reason.
“Then you cannot date Joonma-hyung because he is a Buddhist.” Kyungsoo said. 
That’s when you understood his reaction. Deep inside you, you feel disappointed. You have great respect to other people who have different beliefs, it’s just that... You’ve never really thought about this possibility before, but now that you’re thinking about it; it seems to you that it would be difficult for your and the other person’s part, wouldn’t it?
You looked at Joonmyeon who was looking at you and trying to read your face. You looked away. He’s like searching for something in you and you can’t give it to him now. 
“Yah, stop it.” Kyungsoo elbowed Chanyeol who’s still grinning. 
You suddenly felt Tao hugging you tight and you hugged the boy back as you tapped his back. “I have to go.” You said afterwards and turned to Kyungsoo. “Jongin-ah has a fever. Make sure he gets to take medicine when he wakes up and check on his back from time to time in-case he gets too sweaty, it’s bad to let your sweat dry up.” You told him since Jongin told you before that he shares his room with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo and the latter was usually the one who takes care of him when he’s sick. 
Kyungsoo gave you an assuring smile. “I will, noona.”
You turned to the three who were whispering to each other and all you could hear was gibberish. Joonmyeon was shaking his head at what Tao was telling him. 
“I’m going now. Annyeong!” You waved your hand and smiled a little and then you headed to the door. 

$$$

Sunday evening. You came to the Play Me studio a little too early. Now, you’re waiting for the others in the waiting room. Unlike last week where you borrowed a nice dress from the wardrobe department, you have finally updated your closet. Earlier after the mass, you and Dona went to the department store to buy clothes that you could wear on Play Me. 
So for tonight, you wore a dress. A dark grey sweater dress that is not too formal and not too casual, you paired it with a thick black stocking and your black heeled boots. You look like a girl tonight. At least that was what Dona told you. 
You heard your message alert tone and you took it from your bag in record time. Only to be disappointed when it was Dona and not Joonmyeon who texted you. 
Gross. But somehow, you were waiting for him to text you and wish you luck like wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter