Wake-up Call

Suho and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Dialogue that is not in bold and/or italic is Tagalog. Yeah, that's just it keke please continue reading..

 

$$$

 

You caught the timely separation of one dried brown leaf from its grip on the branch of the mango tree you’re looking at right now. You followed the way it danced in the wind as it falls gracefully on the ground, joining other fallen ones.
You continued walking. You just finished your morning run. You’re all good and sweaty but not yet ready to head home. You still want to enjoy the scenery. 
This is your favorite place in the world. Well, you’ve never actually been to too many places in the world, but out of all the places you’ve been; nothing beats your hometown. 
You don’t live in the city. You call yourself a farm girl. Your family owns a little area in this province. Your family’s main business is farming; mainly mangoes and coconut, then your father branched out to food manufacturing such as turning your harvests into dried mangoes, candies and jellies which are exported to some Asian countries too. It’s not really a big shot business, just enough really to provide for the family. 
The warm air brushing your skin and the heat of the sunlight on your face made you feel so at home. You’ve been home for more than a week now but isn’t being home supposed to make you feel at peace? 
You snorted. Who are you kidding? You know why you’re not at peace.
The pain that is consistently seated in your chest rooted from that fateful night you committed betrayal that haunted you and giving you nightmares every night after. 
Shaking your head to let go of the memories, you started jogging towards your house that you can already see past the trees from where you are. As you get closer, you could see a figure standing just right beside the swing attached to the three right beside your house. The figure is of a man, looking at your direction as if waiting for you.
Your heart started to constrict at the all too familiar build of his frame that you know you could recognize in every angle. Those smooth and silky hair dancing in the careful breeze of the wind. The sunshine made you see how the exposed skin on his arms and neck glow. 
Shoot. Those glorious creamy skin is just so painfully beautiful. You got confused. He’s here. He’s found you. How?
You stopped jogging and started walking. Your eyes fixated on his face. His face; unlike the other parts of him, isn’t exposed to the morning sun, it is shaded by the tree so you couldn’t clearly see his expression. But when you did, you wished you just didn’t. 
You never thought you’d felt danger just by being the focus of those beautiful angel eyes. His stare was penetrating and if his eyes only has an effect, you’d already melted like a candle in his heated glare.
His brows furrowed and twitching in disgust, his beautiful mouth forming a frown. He’s angry. So angry that you don’t want to look. You stopped advancing because you can’t come closer. You can’t or else you’ll...
You stepped back. You saw him move. His feet moving forward and seeing that made you tremble on your spot. You gulped. Your hands all sweaty and your heart is on a riot. When you saw his face came out of the shade; the intensity of the hatred displayed on his face and his clenched jaw made you burst out in tears. 
He must have waited. He must have waited all night for you. Up there on the roof garden. You remembered it had snowed that night. The first snow of winter and all the more you felt so guilty. It must have been very cold. Joonmyeon doesn’t like cold. Did he get sick? He’s got dark circles under his eyes. Those beautiful eyes. What have you done?
You didn’t say anything. You didn’t tell him you’re not coming. That you’re not coming anymore. 
“Sorry. Sorry. I’m so sorry...” You throat tightened. Your heart ached like you’ve never experienced before. “I’m so so-”
“Maya?” 
You stopped talking when you heard your mother’s voice. Then the ground started to shake.

$$$

“Maya, wake up!” Your mother’s voice started to sound as if she’s in panic. 
You felt a firm grip on your arm, shaking you so hard. Your trip from sleep to wakefulness was shortened. Your eyes opened, your body automatically rose in reflex and your movement was so fast you almost...almost bumped your forehead on your mother’s who you found were actually sitting on the side of your bed. Your heart skipped a beat at the almost collision and you rubbed your hand over your chest to ease the beating. “Ma! You scared me.” You said, catching your breath for some reason. 
Your mother gave you a worried look. “You’re the one who scared me.” She said and raised her hand and touched your face. Her thumb wiped something on your cheek. “You were crying on your sleep and you keep on speaking in Korean.” 
You pulled away from your mother’s touch and felt your face with your own fingers and confirmed what she was talking about. The wetness on your cheeks reminded you of your dream. It really felt so real. And it wasn’t even the first time you’ve had dreams like that since you left South Korea. The scenarios were different but Joonmyeon’s smouldering eyes conveying his anger and hatred looked so real every single time. So real that you find yourself waking up in the middle of the night with your heart aching and you’re always short of breath as if you’d just ran a marathon. Dreaming about Joonmyeon recently really feels like having a nightmare.
You suddenly felt your mother’s hand over your own as you were wiping your face with your fingers. She took your hands and enclosed them with her own. “You’re worrying us, you know that?” She asked with her soft and gentle voice that warms your heart every time. “Since you arrived, all you do is stay here in your room and sleep.” Then she looked at you with questioning eyes. “You haven’t even told us stories about your stay in Korea. Did something happen?”
Biting your lower lip, you took a deep breath. You’re not going to lie to your mother. Even if you want to, whenever she looks at you; you always, always end up telling her the truth. And you actually did. You told her everything. 
You realized that the months before you met Joonmyeon weren’t as significant as after you did as you were telling your story. That’s probably why when you told your mom about your life in Korea; you talked so little about the time before you met Joonmyeon and EXO. Your story focused more on after you did. 
You suddenly remembered that line from the movie My Sassy Girl where someone told the main character the lines...
-Once in your life, if you are very lucky, you will meet the person who divides it to the time before you met her and the time after. -
Maybe not so lucky after all. Because after you met that person, you left him. Right now you are trying to deal with life after meeting that person and leaving him. You have to deal with all the ‘what if’s’. 
“I’m no lawyer or something but, you didn’t break the contract honey. You were never; within the duration of the contract, in a relationship with him. At least not officially; you can’t control how you feel but you’ve never acted it out, right?” Your mom said.
That’s when you felt your face turning so hot. You know that when your face is hot it becomes as red as an overripe tomato. You were gnawing on your lower lip and you saw your mom smile. You looked away. “This is really weird.” You said as you wait for your mother’s reaction. It’s not that you and your mom are not close, because you are. You talk to her about everything. She supported you when you revealed to your dad that you’re planning to pursue a degree in music but your dad; who is from a family of businessmen, told you that music is a good hobby but not as a profession. He preferred you took a business course. Your mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter