Brave Maya

Suho and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you two whispering about?” Jongin asked again.
Whispering! He just thought you and Joonmyeon were whispering to each other! Thank goodness. So you pushed Joonmyeon away from you and peeked at Jongin smiling.
“H-he was just asking me about your and Tao’s progress.” You said.
Jongin pouted. “Chincha?” He walked closer. He looked a little insecure and worried. “I’ve already improved, right noona?” He asked you. 
“Of course!” You assured him and that’s when he nodded and smiled shyly again. You recognized fear in his reaction and you didn’t like seeing him that way so you reached for his head to it gently. “You’re doing great, Jongin-ah. It’s only been a month but you’ve already improved a lot.” 
“I just asked Maya something.” Joonmyeon said, sounding so calm and cool which is the total opposite of what you feel right now. You couldn’t help but feel guilty once again.

“The food has arrived!” Sehun yelled as he storms into the kitchen followed by Tao and Inhye, all oblivious as to what had just transpired in the place. 
“Maya, come join us.” Inhye invited you and that’s when you placed the glass on the tray after you washed it and turned to her and smiled. 
“Thank you but I really have to go now.” You politely declined and Inhye looked at her watch and realized what you’re hinting then she smiled. Then you looked at Jongin who was now sitting on the chair silently as opposed to Sehun and Tao who were fighting over the chicken wings. He was looking at the paper bags on the table smiling and shaking his head at Sehun and Tao bickering.
“Jongin is a little bit of a perfectionist, he has this fear of disappointing everyone that’s important to him that’s why he wanted to get better in English fast because he doesn’t want to be the one to cause for the group to fail.” Joonmyeon whispered to you. 
You nodded. Jongin seemed to be really passionate about everything that he does. This makes you want to protect him, like a baby. It’s like he’s the type of person anyone could hurt so easily and you don’t want that for him. 
“Sehunnie, go call the others.” Joonmyeon told the youngest who groaned first and had to leave a threat to Tao before he left; afraid that the other boy will everything clean when he gets back. Then Joonmyeon looked at you with that angelic smile of him that you missed. “I’ll drive you home.” He whispered. 
You shook your head. “I’ll be fine.”
“We need to talk.” 
You shook your head once again. “Not tonight.” You looked at the others behind him on the table and heard voices coming to the kitchen. 
“Tomorrow then.” He said and it sounded like a promise to you. 
Man. You’ve never been this troubled before. It’s like for the last month you’ve been up and down so much and it’s all because of Joonmyeon and his hot and cold antics or whatever it is that he is doing. One thing is for sure, you’re starting to... give in.

$$$

“Sigh one more time and I’m going to kick you in the bum.” Dona said as she puts the pancake on the second plate. You were on your chair waiting for her to serve your breakfast. 
“Sorry.” You uttered.
Dona finally served the pancakes but she looked angry when you look up to her. “What is my role here? A plushie? Just a display? You don’t talk to me anymore.” She ranted. 
“What are you talking about?” You asked her. She looks so riled up. 
“You know what I’m talking about, Maya. You’ve been wearing that I-have-a-problem face this past few weeks and I was just waiting for you to talk to me and now I have to be the one to point it out? It’s embarrassing you know?” She’s scolding you. It’s a habit she does being that she always says she feels responsible for you because she’s a year older to you [actually just seven months], though you don’t have the same birth year and more experienced [whatever kind of experience she is referring to]. 
You bit your lower lip and covered your face with your palms. You were about to sigh once again when you remembered what Dona told you earlier. Then you looked at her. “I like one of my students. So bad.” There, you finally admitted it.
“So what’s the problem?” She asked. 
“I signed a contract that says not to get involved with him.” You decided to just tell her some. 
Dona stared at you and you’re afraid for a moment that she could read you and find out that you were actually talking about EXOs Suho. “How long is this contract?”
“Three months.”
Then Dona laughed. “Well then both of you just have to hold it and wait until the contract’s over. Or keep it a secret. It’s just three months, not three years!” Why does it sound so simple to her? Then she looked at you fantastically. “Hey! Did you and him already did something?”
“What something?” You’re confused. 
Dona rolled her eyes. “You’re an inexperienced NBSB. I don’t want some erted Korean dude taking advantage of you! So tell me who he is and I’ll judge.” There goes Dona-umma.  
“H-he’s just a nobody.” You said in a defensive tone that only raised Dona’s suspicion.
“Really? You’re doing this to me?” 
Dona doesn’t like secrets. And you’ve never really kept anything from her before. This would be the first time and for a really good reason. Maybe you should tell her? It’s not like she would tell the world knowing how important contracts are to your jobs in this foreign country. 
“I will tell you really soon.” 
“Oh, come on! Is he the student you’re meeting tonight?” She asked and the redness that accumulated on your cheek didn’t require a verbal answer. “You naughty little girl.”
“Stop it! I know my limits.” You defended yourself. You maybe innocent but not ignorant. You’re a reader and you’ve definitely been informed properly by Jane Austen. 
Then Dona laughed as she shakes her head and started eating her pancake. 
“Why are you laughing?” You asked. 
“Your mind knows the limits but your body doesn’t.” She said cryptically. Then Dona looked at you seriously. “Listen, I don’t want you emotionally investing into something that isn’t even sure. So clarify the situation first and then do what you want afterwards.”
You were so shocked at how serious she looks. Dona had a few boyfriends

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter