End of Suppression

Suho and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You noticed Jongin looking shyly at you and you smiled at him with that practiced smile you always use to encourage your students. 
“Is it okay, noona? I’m just going to listen.” Jongin said. 
This is probably better. You don’t trust yourself to be alone with Joonmyeon with your emotions like this. You felt like crying. Plus if Jongin’s there, at least you will have a reason to divide your attention.
“Of course, Jongin.” And the moment you said that, his face lit up like a Christmas tree illuminated by Christmas lights. He just looks so cute like a puppy but you remembered him being Kai on all the videos you and Dona watched and he’s a different person. But you like him as Jongin because you don’t know who Kai is.
“Okay, let’s go so we could all go to rest after, we have a big day tomorrow.” Says Joonmyeon to everyone. You caught Sehun and Kyungsoo looking at each other and shaking their heads. 
Jongin walked towards you and held on to your arm like a child would do to his mother when they go grocery shopping. “I still have a little fever, noona.” He said and you automatically touched his forehead and then his neck. He’s right. He still is a little hot. 
“Did you skip your medicine?” You asked him and he smiled shyly then stuck his tongue out and you just couldn’t help but pinch his cheeks. “You suffer!”
Jongin laughed loudly as he pushes you gently to the door so you can head to the living room with Joonmyeon and Inhye following behind. 
‘Babo! Hajiman geudael boneun nan.’ It was Sehun singing something again and the others joined in. 
‘Neomu banjjak banjjak, nuni busyeo no no no no no.’ You can hear Baekhyun’s loud voice. And then they were laughing. Then somewhere along their singing you heard, ‘Gee gee gee gee gee.’
When you reached the living room, you sat on the sofa bed and Jongin sat on the couch behind you, reserving the space on the sofa for Joonmyeon as he sticks to what he said about ‘just listening’. The two of you waited for Joonmyeon to finish his conversation with Inhye about dinner and their things and schedule for tomorrow. 
Joonmyeon finally sat in front of you and you had to transform into Maya-seonsaengnim. You still managed to fake a smile to him and lead the conversation about Politically Correct Terms.
All throughout the lesson, you could feel Joonmyeon’s lack of interest and his coldness. Gone is the warm, insistent Joonmyeon on your lessons who always try to divert the conversation from the topic and instead talk about the two of you. Shoot it, you really wanted to cry as you listen to him explain his opinion on feminism and ism. 
It’s like you’re looking at a different person now. 
“How about you? Are you a feminist, Maya?” He asked and that is the first question he asked directed to you today. 
You looked at him directly this time and smiled. You need to show him that you are not affected by his sudden coldness, at least to save your pride. “No. I’m not.” 
He looked really surprised. “Why? A lot of women are feminists.”
You shook your head. “I don’t think so. It’s just overrated and a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon.” You said. He asked what jumping on the bandwagon means and you explained the idiom to him.
“So why are you not a feminist?” He asked again. 
“Because even though I’m all for equality in society, politics and business for both gender; I think that what women can do that men can’t and men can do that women can’t...that’s what makes us equal. The fact that each gender are not perfect.” You explained. “It’s all about acceptance. For me feminism is a little too strong of a word. It sounds like women vs men.”
Joonmyeon smiled at you for the first time today like he liked what he heard from you. “You’re right.” He agreed as he nods. “It should be about men filling in for women’s weaknesses and women filling in for men’s weaknesses.” 
You smiled at him for getting what you’re trying to say. Joonmyeon was about to say something when Jongin spoke behind you after making himself busy with his cellphone because he couldn’t catch up with the English conversation.
“It’s already time!” Jongin announced excitedly. “Come on, they ordered food in the studio.” He was pulling you out of the living room and back to their practice room with the others who were laughing and talking really loudly. “Come on, hyung!” He called for Joonmyeon who was following them.
As soon as you sat on the floor with them, you were very touched at how accommodating and warm they were. They kept giving you food. They ordered pizza and Yixing was handing you a slice.
“Here you go noona.” He said, his accent is really cute.
You took it. “Kamsahamnida.” You smiled at him and took the slice of pizza but when you looked at the toppings you bit your lip.
“Maya doesn’t eat meat.” Joonmyeon said. 
Everyone’s reaction was just really funny as if they’ve heard someone say that the moon was stolen, there’s disbelief and wonder on their faces. “O gurae?” Minseok exclaimed. 
Sehun remembered the story you told them the last time and shared it to the others. 
“Ah, that must have been a very frightening sight.” Jongdae said. 
“Ne, I’ve never seen any animal being slaughtered.” Chanyeol said. 
“What are we going to do? We all ordered meat-lover’s pizza!” Yixing said, sounding so worried beside you.
“Can you just remove the meat, noona?” Jongin asked you from your other side. 
You smiled at him. You don’t want to put the food back when you’ve already touched it. “It’s okay. I’ll just remove it.” Then you reached for the tissue in front of you and used it to pick the pepperoni and the pieces of beef meat and as you do that you realized that everyone became so silent and when you looked up at them, they’re all looking at you. “Sorry for the mess.” You said and when you’re done scrapping off the meat on your pizza, you took a bite and they were all still looking at you. “Why are you all looking at me?” You asked, laughing in awkwardness. You chewed slowly because you’re so conscious.
“You’re very cute, noona.” Sehun said. 
You don’t like hearing those kinds of words because you don’t know how to react or if you are reacting properly. So instead you just made a face.
“Yah! You’re all making her feel awkward.” Joonmyeon told the others and then Jongin covered your face with his hands.
“Stop looking!” Jongin said.
The others started laughing. 

"She's so cute like a cat. The dimple that appears on her cheekbones when she smiles are like cat's whiskers, right?"  Chanyeol said and the others agreed. Well this is not the first time you've been compared to a cat because of those holes that appears on your cheekbones that is unusual because dimples usually are on the lower part of the cheeks.

“Noona, do you have a sister

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter