A Dream we once knew.......

Miracle's in Korea

No ones POV….

 

They thought that Lien will exceed his one week but the time came and it shocked everyone. 

It was a day before his birthday. It started as a regular day for Jessica. She wake up tend to Lien’s need. She wash the clothes, then she cook their breakfast. Once she finished cooking, and left the laundry in the dryer, she went to their bedroom to wake him up.

“Hey Lien, wake up, let's eat” she said but Lien didn't budge. “Hey…” She nudged him again. But still no movement. That is when she felt there is something wrong. “Yah! Lien this isn't funny. Hey!! Wake up! You're scaring me! Please wake up” but when he didn't move at all, Jessica panic, and immediately called the hospital, she check his pulse and gladly he have one. But he just wouldn't wake up.

A few minutes later the ambulance came and they brought Lien to the hospital. 


 

West POV….

Lien Cross rush to the hospital! 

#Breaking news: Sinner's Leader and vocalist Lien Cross was scene rush to the hospital. His wife Jessica Jung was scene crying as her husband was brought to the emergency room. No further information as why he was admitted but, there are reports that he have kind of illness.

I was literally racing through the road of  Seoul just to reach the hospital. I nearly jumped in my bed when I received a call from Sica about Lien’s condition. She was panicking and crying on the phone. She didn't know what to do, and I hope she is alright.

As soon as I reached the hospital a pack of reporters was waiting in front but I ignore them and even shoved a few. I don't care whether they are male or female, my concern was Lien’s and Jessica, nothing else. I've reached the floor and I saw Jessica with Taeyeon. The older one was busy comforting her. Jiyong and my bandmates, Kevin, Jerome, Ryan, David, and Julie was also teary eyed as they all on the other side of the bed with that dark impression.

“How is he?” I asked them.

Jerome acknowledge my presence and said “Your pops said it would taken a miracle for him to wake up. The only thing that keeping alive are those machine. If he wouldn't wake up these week, he give . a choice to pull the plug.”

I look at Jessica, and I saw that she was still crying. I move closer to her and then asked “Are you alright?” I ask her.

She then turn her head to face me. My heart drop to see her like that. Her eyes was still stuffy from crying. Her sad face says it all. I just hug her and there and let her cry. She break down, but what made us all panic was when she suddenly fainted.

After we called the doctors and place her on a separate bed. We all talk, about what we should do to Lien. Taeyeon with their members decided to stay with Jessica. By now Leeteuk, and the others were there. Even our CEO and SM, and YG were there.

“There’s a lot of media outside. They wanted to know what happen.” SM said.

“They have gotten a hint of what happen, and then internet was buzzing with news, from Jessica being on an accident, to Lien being poisoned by Jessica. The worst part is they posting malicious things about the marriage of the two.” YG shared.

“West, I will let you decide on this matter. But I would suggest we tell them the truth.” Rich hyung said to uls.

I look at my band mates and they all agree with him. So I decided to held a press conference that day. We decided, for Sica’s sake, to not let her be in that conference.

At the press conference we announce about Lien’s condition, and why the two married. After we explain everything we entertain some question from the press.

 

 

“How is Ms. Jessica holding up?” A reporter said.

“She’s fine, for now. She fainted a while ago due to everything that happen. But over all she’s fine” I answered.

“There were reports that Lien was abusing drug. Is it true?”

“No. Lien hated it. Even now, the only drug that he would take are those prescribed by the doctors.” I answered again. Everything seems going smoothly until a dispatch reporter cross the line.

“I have information that Mr. Cross estate are big and he is quite rich. Is this the reason Ms. Jung marry him? I mean Ms. Jung have nothing now.”

That question anger all of us. Kevin even wanted to bash that guy's skull but I prevent him from doing that.

“Lien is the one who has nothing. He don't have any family. He was born and die as a lonely man. But Jessica, knowing he would die, wanted to grant Lien his final wish. To have a family he could proudly called his own. Jessica married my friend because she love him, and Lien love her too. For the past few days. Jessica smile through Lien’s hardship. She held back her tears, every time she saw Lien vomiting blood. She smile every time my friend suddenly lose his feel in his body. She smile because it was the promise she made to him. To be always happy. To answer your stupid your question, I don't think you're married yet, and even if you do, just by looking at you. I think you are the one who would marry for money.” I then bow to the press and end the conference.

 

 

When we were going back to Lien’s room. We saw a doctor talking to Taeyeon, and Sunny.

“Hey what happen?” I ask him.

I look at the doctor but he just but he just leave and went for his duty.

“Oppa… About Jessica…” Sunny started.

“What about her?” I ask again.

“She is about two weeks pregnant.” Taeyeon said to us. We literally gasp as what she say sink in.

“Then, the reason she fainted?” But I couldn't finished what I was about to say when Taeyeon explain again.

“She is just stressed. The doctor said it would be bad for the baby. The good thing is that the baby is holding strong to her. Oppa I don't think Lien oppa know this. Even Jessica.”

We were about to discuss about it when, Jessica woke up. She scan the room and saw us.

“What happen to me? Lien how is he?” She panic again.

“Calm down Sica” Taeyeon said to her. “Lien is alright. You on the other hand…”

“What happen to me? What do you mean…?” She ask.

“Your pregnant.” I said to her. She look at me weirdly. “You need to be healthy for your baby. So rest up and try not to stress yourself.”

“You mean… I am pregnant?” She ask again while caressing her stomach.

“Yeah so… please be careful of your health from now on okay.” I answer her.

She then get up from the bed and walk towards Lien. She sit down and caress his hand and say “Honey…. Wake up now… I received the gift you wanted for me. But I need you to know it. So please open your eyes… please.”

We all watch her talk to Lien. Though she was still crying, she was at least smiling.

When i know she is alright, i advice her to see a doctor first. Tae and her sister Krystal accompany her. Though all of the girls there went too. 

My group mate was the one who watch over Lien for that time. Me on the other hand, went to the rooftop to unwind with a letter gripping tight.

“That bastard…. Why do you give me this.” I said as I slump my body into the ground.

Flashback……

“What the hell is this Lien..” I said to him. I've visited him to know about his condition but awaits me is a letter or rather an order. “You want me to take care of Jessica!” Good thing that Jessica was out of the house or else she would hear the nonsense her husband had to offer.

“Why is there is something wrong?” He said with a straight face.

“Jessica is not a thing Lien! She is a person and she is ing trying to give you happiness in your last day on earth and you wanted me to marry her! Is the tumors making you act irrational?!”

“I’m perfectly fine….” He said to me. “Beside you can't lie to me West, you know that you love her..” He said smirking.

“What the do you mean?” I said to him. Taken aback by his answer. I know that Jessica is a special girl, but loving her…. I mean I care for her and like Lien I wanted what's best for her. But do I like or rather love her?

“Inside that letter are the things that I will left behind when I die, I already sent some of them to some of our friends. But I am more concerned about Jessica. She loves me very much and after I died it may cause her, her happiness. West don't hide it I know you like her. We have known each other for so long that we know what secrets we hide. It's just that you were to focus on me being happy that you forgot to fight for your own happiness too. And who else should I entrust her, when I know you are here to protect her.” He said to me. “Think about it… Okay? But I know you will do it..”

End of flashback….

After Jessica came I left, without saying goodbye. I was upset that he try to set me up with his wife. But do I love her?

Frustrated I went down again and went to Lien’s room. There I saw he alone. I admit that there was a time when I felt jealous of Lien. How he was loved by this girl unconditionally.

"Where are the other?" I ask

"Ryan and the others just went out to get  something. My members went home for now and be back tomorrow. Taeyeon just went out to get some thing's. Jiyong  accompany her." she answer

“So how are you?” I ask her.

“The doctor said that I'm fine. Just need a little rest and don't be stress about anything.” She answer.

After that complete silence was in the room. I look at her, and then look at Lien. Did he really don't know about his child? Or he already know about it that's why he wanted me to take care of her? Either way, I don't want to be in his little play. Jessica is his wife and it will remain forever.

“He look peaceful doesn't he?” Jessica said to me. “He told me something the night before. He said that he won't let me live empty handed. At first I thought that it was money, but now I know it isn't. It was this child within me.”

“I know…..” I said to her. “You know for the long time Lien and I know each other, we haven't celebrated his birthday with everyone. He did party when one of us celebrate our birthday, but him….. He always hide or make excuses. And now …. he knows that we prepare a grand party for him but he avoided it again."

"Yeah... Julie have mentioned this before. I think there is only one time that you all tie him up on a tree to celebrate his birthday."

"Right? Kevin's idea.... " I said and as the night get deeper our conversation was getting deeper. We talk about anything, but mostly about Lien. Everytime I told her something embarrassing about her husband, she will smile. I was glad to see her smile, even though she is still hurting. Good thing Ryan brought us foods.

"West oppa... thank you... if you and the others are not here, I don't know what will I do." she said smiling.

I don't know but my hear skip a beat and I just turn around for her not to see that I am blushing. "You are not allowed to sleep late so just sleep on the separate bed, I will be the one who will watch him tonight okay.." I said to her and she just agree and sleep


 

Jessica's pov...

 

It was past midnight and we are all sleeping in Lien's room, when, I felt the urge to wake up. I scan the room and saw Taeyeon and Julie in the couch sleeping. West on the other hand was sleeping on a chair beside Lien with his head bow down. There were some extra blankets, so I just went and cover the three up. Then I grab a chair and sit beside Lien.

"Happy Birthday.." I said to him. He was just sleeping, and I couldn't help but smile at his face. After the concert, he tried so hard to function as husband. He even write some song's and compose music. I chuckle to remember how he use my voice as a guide for some of it. I brush some of the hair on his face and trace his face with my hand.

"You know you are beautiful when you smile...." a voice suddenly said to me. That is when I saw Lien with his eyes open. He then move his hand and wipe the tears in my eyes. ".....but this tears doesn't suit you."

"You are awake!" I said in panic. "West oppa!! wake up Lien is--" but before I could say anything he hold my hand.

"I don't have much time left, could you bring to the Han River...." he requested. West and Taeyeon was awake, and heard his request.

"Yah... are stupid... why would you go there?" West roared.

But I knew that his time is close so I look at West and said "Oppa let just bring them there."

Knowing already what I meant, West silently agree and get a wheelchair for Lien. He also told Taeyeon to call everyone and go to the Han river. With Julie and West, we then board him in on his car, of course West father agreed also to his selfish request.

In the car, we didn't talk much. It looks likes Lien was just pushing his body to even stay awake. So I just hug him. and say I love you once in awhile.

 

After a few drives, we arrive at the park. Then I saw the tents and tables was already set up for his birthday.

"You know we prepare this for you oppa." Julie said to him.

"Could you bring me to the bench there..and leave Jessica and me alone for a while.." Lien said weakly.

West just comply and let him sit at the bench. It was still dark and extremely cold so I cover ourselves with the blankets. Lien really doesn't have any strength at all and lean on me for support. We were silent for a couple of minute until he started our last conversation.

"Sica.." he called. "Sorry...."

"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything?" I said to him. "Beside you complete me."

"I'm sorry for not loving you earlier.... If I just realize everything.." but before he could finish I cut him off.

"Let's not dwell on the past.... Even if you propose to me back then.. It wouldn't make much of a difference. I was in many relationship just to forget my feelings for you, and if we did became a couple, SM will just break us apart."

"Right..." he then felt silent for a while. "I remember when I met the three of you here. You punch me thinking I was a ert."

"Yeah... but you caught it.. then you and Jiyong fight, me and Taeyeon separate the two of you. And you just laugh at how we mistake you for a ert. Then you treat us for some ramen and then we all become friends." I finished his story.

"It's been 10 years. 10 years long since we know each other" He said then silence rule again. I hold back my tears as I remember those times but what test my emotion is when he suddenly cry.

"..... I ... I'm scared to die...." he said quivering. He held my hand and I can feel his fear. "Sica.... I'm scared.... Even if I knew all along that I will die... I'm still scared....." His hand grip the fabric of the blanket and I just hold onto him tighter.

For the first time, I saw him cry, I saw him being scared. But I didn't cry. I promise him. So I just let him cry... until the wind pass us. I'm not sure if he will see the sunset but, for now, I just let him be weak in front of me.


 

No one's pov....

 

All of their friends arrive at the place. Even the idols in F&S rush to the park, with their CNBLUE and FT Island sunbae. They were all awaken by the call they receive from Taeyeon. Most of them didn't even care of what they look like and immediately headed to the place. Jiyong even rush his Lamborghini to the park just to know what is going on.

"How is he?" He ask when he saw most of their friends was just staring at the bench where the two seated.

"We don't know..." Taeyeon answer him. " ... but it his last wish.... only time can tell"

"There is no stopping it.. right oppa?" IU ask Jerome.

"Yeah... let's just pray that he will be at peace after this.." he answer her.


 

back at the two....

Jessica's pov....

 

After he cry his fear out, silence reign again. Though I don't want this, to end but it seems time was not on my side. It was an hour before 7 and the sun will rise soon. My heart was slowly breaking but for the gift he left me I held on.

"Lien... thank you...." I said breaking the silence. "Agreeing with my selfish request was not really your intention... but still thank you. You always there when I need you. Whenever I was sad, lonely or just plain stubborn, you always try to make me smile. ..." I know I shouldn't cry but still I can't help it and the tears just slowly flow from my eyes. "..... I know I wouldn't see you again but promise me, in our next life...if god permit.. let us be together."

"Sica.... I ..... don't have enough time....... But I promise too......" he said in his remaining breath. "But... before I go.... I wanted to tell you.... You're free after this..... Chase your own happiness..... don't close your heart.... for someone who will love you like I do..... I know.... it is to much to ask you... but please promise me that you will be happy once I am gone....."

I cry harder as he say's those words. Even in his last seconds of his life he care about my own happiness. So I lied to him, and answer "Okay" cause I don't intend to give my heart to anyone. But the the promise to be happy, I will.

"Jessica can you sing for me...." He requested. "that song that I compose for you before......"

Yes that song that he wrote for me, it was an OST for a series, and he personally pick me to sing it cause it suit my voice. So I just said "Okay" and readied myself.

As I sing the song, I couldn't help to notice that he isn't moving anymore, but I just continue on. I felt his breathing became shallow, and eventually became deeper, but I still sing the lyrics. I sing even though the tears won't stop flowing. Even if I can't hit the notes because of my emotions. I sing as my last gift to him.

AS the song ended, I held his cold hand as the sun shine upon us. "Oppa, happy birthday.... You became a dad..." But he didn't respond. I only saw her peaceful face, full of contentment. "I'm sorry...... but for once let me break my promise to you....." I hug him for one last time as I cry my heart out.


 

West Pov...

 

We heard Jessica sing, and I know it was the song Lien write for her, long time ago. I look back to see most of the girls were teary eyed. Some of them were already crying and being comforted by the guys. It didn't help as we heard her sing while crying.

 

As the sun rises, a passing wind pass by, and I thought I heard Lien's voice and said to me. "You're in charge now..". I thought wouldn't cry, but the tears just fall down. I smirk just to hide it. 

As the song ended and we heard Jessica cry, we knew that he was gone. So with our emotion still intact, Me, Kevin, Jerome and Ryan, decided to bring him t his final resting place. David was consoling our younger sister Julie, who was bawling her eye out.

We approach Jessica and saw how she hug her husband. "Jess... it's time now.." I said to her.

"I know.... " she said as she let go of him, but not without kissing him. 

I called on her group mates to be with Jessica, cause even though she seems alright, I know she isn't. We lifted Lien, and put him at the ambulance waiting for us. I called them if something would happen. I didn't even let Jessica ride it, cause I know she wouldn't let him go, So I ask Jerome and Kevin to board it so they could put him in the morgue. Of course the media get hold of the situation, but thankfully our boss ask security for us.

Jessica on the other hand, was brought to her home, with her parents. Jiyong volunteer to send her off, but I just let the girls bring her there. Some of the guys however make sure that she would safely went home so they just became their bodyguard.

The others went home too, but give their condolences to the widowed wife. Me, I just stay there for a while. I stare blankly at the river he admire when we were kids. 

"Don't worry Greed.... I will protect her for you.." I said abut as soon as I turn my back, I felt someone push me forward, something Lien would do when we agree on something. I didn't look back and just smile and walk away.


No one's pov...

 

"Lien Cross Died:"

The entertainment industry grieve for the loss of a great musician, writer and artist, that Asia have ever seen. According to F&S, Lien decided to view the sunrise at the Han River with his wife as his last wish. Only their friends in the industry was allowed to enter the site, as security been sent by the Agency of every idols who have been there. As of today, his body can be viewed for three days at his villa in Daecheon beach. No other information been receive.

 

It was two days after he pass away, and people keep coming to the beach house to take a glimpse of him. Unlike any other funeral ceremony where the body must be cremated before the viewing, Lien's wish was to be viewed first before being cremated. A wish that his only family agreed upon, but of course with Jessica's approval. So they all agreed to it, but the viewing will only last for three days. They also required the people not too wear black clothes. West reason that Lien will say it was gloomy. The guests know that Lien don't like gloomy atmosphere, so they just agreed to wear white. People around the world came. Lien's celebrity friend from Japan, Taiwan, and China, came. Some of them where normal people who said that they were Lien's friend. Which the others recognize. The big shock was too see some dangerous people with guns, walking inside the room, and saying their condolences to Jessica. 

Sunny even mentioned that the rumors that Lien are friends with Mafia were true.

"Mrs Cross.. My name is Shiro Sanada 10 heir to the Sanada clan..." the japanese man bow to Jessica. "As a representative of all us here(russian, chineese, american, and italian, gangs and mafia). We deeply say our condolence to you. He was a great friend and doesn't judge people by their line of work. If you ever need help just give us a call and we will help you."

West was there and just said to her, to agree, cause they are serious. But West being friends with them too, advise them to, just help her in silent, which the people agree.

"Greed... you sure have the craziest friend.." Jessica said as she smile, her first smile for the night.

SM ent. and F&S artists help in receiving and entertaining the guest. Jessica on the other hand sat there as she stare at the casket where Lien lie. The other enjoy the company of others and stay outside and talk. Some even went to the beach to unwind and tell their memories about Lien.

"Urghhh.. this netizen's really make my heart boil." Chaerin said in frustration. She, with Luna, Nicole and Tiffany where chatting when Chaerin blurted out.

"What happen...?" Sunny who was with Hara Jea, and Hyomin, came and ask.

"These up netizens have been bashing Jess for not even shed any tears these two days of the funeral." Chaerin said to them. "They said that she didn't love Lien oppa, and she just wanted him for his money."

"Ignore those.." Jea said to her. "As long as we all know why Jessica is acting like that, they can say anything they want. But if they try to harm her.... Ahhhh we won't let that happen."

"Unnie look... all o our fandom, are attacking this bashers." Hara said.

"Yah... you girls really need a new hobby.." Seungri said to the girls. He along with, Jonghyun, and Mir went towards the girls.

"Yeah... di we all promise to not dwell with what other think about us?" Jonghyun said. 

"We aren't concerned about what they say to us, What we are concerned about is what they are saying to Jess...." Luna said to the guys.

"Seungri where is West and the other F&S artist? I can't find them here?" Tiffany ask.

"They're agency will be performing live today noona, for the fans, and also for Sinner's last performance." Mir said to them.

 

Like what they agreed upon all of F&S where present at the goodbye concert for Lien's fans and also the last time the group Sinner's will be on stage. It was a live stage for and even though they just announce it today, many have come to watch.

The other's sing the song that Lien have write for their albums when they all started. Sinner's also sing some of their hit's. FT-island and CN Blue even covered their song, with IU. As the mini concert was about to end all of the artist then get on the stage.

"All of you thank you for coming here. If Lien could see this he might just say The concert is finished now go home and sleep... But I really think he would still say this.... so for tonight this song will be the last song for the night.  He wrote this, for himself, and the lyrics was so great that it was truly fit for him." West said.

Then the Sinner's went to their places, and started to play the instruments for the song.

Voice

Through all of this noise
Chasing a shadow
Why looking for answers, just leaves a question?
Behind the notes
And outside the lines
What you left behind
What I feel inside
I hear your voice...

Siren that sounded for those who don't know anything
Look, today in this place, there are still people who walk and pretend to know nothing
In the passing time, we find out things
and we can embrace the future we haven't seen

Through all of this noise
Chasing a shadow
Why looking for answers, just leaves a question?
Behind the notes
And outside the lines
What you left behind
What I feel inside
I hear your voice...

Though the sound has stopped,
the echo is still filling inside our bodies afterwards
What we will hear from there on isn't his words nor his melody
But his voice that's living now inside of me

Through all of this noise
Chasing a shadow
Why looking for answers, just leaves a question?
Behind the notes
And outside the lines
What you left behind
What I feel inside

We are your voice
We are still with you
When you can't speak, with so much to say
More than a word
More than a melody
What you left behind
What I feel inside
I hear your voice...

Through all of this noise
Chasing a shadow
Why looking for answers, just leaves a question?
Behind the notes
And outside the lines
What you left behind
What I feel inside

We are your voice
We are still with you
When you can't speak, with so much to say
More than a word
More than a melody
What you left behind
What I feel inside
I hear your voice...

We're not alone

Through all of this noise
Chasing a shadow
Why looking for answers, just leaves a question?
Behind the notes
And outside the lines
What you left behind
What I feel inside

We are your voice
We are still with you
When you can't speak, with so much to say
More than a word
More than a melody
What you left behind
What I feel inside
I hear your voice...

 

At the funeral, Jessica watch the performance with their friends and family. The video that all of the network played as an honor for Lien, was very  special. 

 

The days past as the time for him to be cremated came. There were no tears nor, laughter. The sky was even also grieving too them. It was cloudy but there wasn't any rain. The procession of his funeral was solemn. At the cremation site. West, Jerome, David, Kevin, Ryan with Jiyong and Rich their boss was the one who lift his casket. 

Jessica, stared as he was put on the incinerator and was burned. She tried not to cry but it was still hard, and the tears fall. She then lean on her parents for support. The people watch as she cried for the lost of her husband.


 

Author's note:

 

Two more chapters to go....That's right folk to more to go... so thanks in advance.

 

No more teasers but full of thanks..