In His Own Way of Life

Miracle's in Korea

Lien's pov......

I slightly open my eyes and I saw people checking everything. I hear my friends calling my name but I didn't respond to anyone. I can't feel anything literally. "Just great" I thought to myself. I'm ed up right now.

I wanted to say that "hey I'm okay... I am alive here" but no voice came out. Its frustrating that I can't even smile.

West suddenly appear in front of me shouting "Hey! Don't you ing die on me!!! Don't you ing dare!!"

Then I saw Jessica beside me, holding my hand, crying. "... I made her cry again.." I thought again, but my eyes just got heavy again.

But I just don't care anymore. I just wanted to sleep. Then I heard a door open and the faces of my friend just faded along with my consciousness.


No ones POV....

A Doctor welcome them in the hallway. Most of them know the man as he approach West who was still shock of what happen. West look up and saw the man and said "Dad when did you arrive?"

"I came here fast as I could when you told me about the accident... " The man answered

"Dad.... save him" He kneel infront of his father and plead....

West Dad look at the faces and he knows some of them. "I'm going to greet all of you later, but for now, that brat needs me." he said as he enter the room

The 12 people, just stared at the door as its closes. The two CEO's have went to the reception to control the crowd downstairs as the media have caught up what happen.

"What The hell happen West?!!!" Kevin asked angrily but West just stayed quiet. "Hey I'm talking to you!!!" He growled.

"Hey Kevin calm down, will you.... This is not the right time" David answer him.

"Calm down? Lien is in there, for god knows what reason... and you just ask me to clam down." Kevin said to him.

"He's dying...." West said, shutting Kevin up.

"What? You're kidding right? Hey its not true right?" Jerome said wanted someone telling it to be a joke.

"Oppa its not true right? Lien oppa is just tired that's why, right?" Julie said.

"Lien have Leukemia!" West said again "He really is dying.... he... he just....  he just... he's time is up---" but he couldn't finish anything as Kevin's fist punch him.

"Kevin!!!!" Ryan called out as he restrain him.

"WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL US!!!" Kevin shouted "Why..... Aren't we family?..... We pledge to be brothers.... So why?"

"Cause his selfish and his stupid that's why..." David answered him. "...you know him..... His Lien because he is like that."

"David you know too?" Ryan glare at David.

"Still you didn't tell us. And you let him just die like that--!!!" But he couldn't finished when West got up and punch him in the face.

"DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT!!!" he angrily shouted. "I tried everything to save him!! I became a doctor just to save him.... I promise him, that he will be alright... I've spent two years researching on how to save him..... but ... but... still .... in the end he just accepted everything..." West tearfully said.

Kevin calm down and Ryan let him go. He then walk out of them. Julie tried to stop him but Ryan just stop her. "Let him cool down on his own.." He said to the girl. "He will come back after he calm down."

They were all silent as they wait for the result of what is happening. Taeyeon is with Jessica, comforting her, but she too was also crying. Leeteuk just came back from the front desk after he was called by Lee Sooman. Jiyong, David and Ryan went to the canteen to get some food for all of them. It was past 4 in the afternoon and it was been 2 hours since they have arrived there and there is still no words from the doctors.

"Hey Sica unnie.. please stop crying..... Oppa is strong he will pull through this." Julie tried to comfort her.

"I know... it's just that .... " Jessica said but can't finish what she was about to say as she cried again. Julie, was also teary eyed join the two, and silently cry.

After a while West father open the door and he was bombarded by question about Lien's helath.

"Calm down okay...." he said to them "...first he is safe for now, but unfortunately we can only prolong his life for now. The cancer have already spread into his bone marrow, there is nothing we can do..." Mr. Zhang announced.

"So how many months does he have left?" Ryan ask calmly as the others have already break down from the news

"Not months, but days.... From what I could see from him.... 3 weeks at the most. But it is if god is good to him." he said to them. "West I do hope you could tell them everything now....." he said to his son.

"Can we see him?" Julie ask.

"Yeah sure he will be transfer to a room after but... please do mindful, he is just too weak now. I don't know what he is doing until now but.... Tiring him will only damage his health. We don't want him to be stressed early.". Dr. Zhang said. After a few more details West father left them, and the group went to the room where Lien was.

"Spill it West..." Ryan said to him "For how long did you all know this?" He was the oldest of the group, and also one of the longest of Lien friends.

"Since you all decided to go to the army 2 years ago. My father give him a full body check up and he was diagnose of Leukemia. We found out it out to late." West started his story. They are in a Lien's private room, "The reason Me and Lien have gone to the US was to treat him. We went to my father's hospital in the US just to hide it from everyone. For months we tried to find someone who will have to donate their bone marrow to him, and as we waited I saw Lien's body withered. We found a match but it was not a 100% match to his but we take it. It was a success."

"So if the transplant is a success, why is he still sick?" Taeyeon ask him.

"For about a year we thought that everything was okay, until last October.... The cancer came back........" West couldnt finish what he was saying.

"Lien's body rejected the marrow... is that what he was trying to say.." David elaborated.

"Yes..... His body was starting to become normal again but.... because he doesn't have any close family, we couldn't find a perfect match. The chances of his body accepting another transplant was close to 5%, every doctor who check up on him said that." West continued

"Wait if he have Leukemia then how does he able to function like that.... I mean he seems healthy to me, I mean to everyone...." Jiyong said.

"Con insensitivity to pain or CIPA" West answered him. "He have a rare disease that enable him to feel pain. Ryan you remember when we were young right, he is fearless when he fight, it was because of that. because of his condition the symptoms are hard to to be sighted."

"and when do you all know this...?" Leeteuk ask him

"Since my father was held as his guardian when we are just starting to became an artist. My father, was baffled when Lien was hit by a ball but, didn't even flinch. After some test my father told him about his condition but Lien wanted to keep it secret from everyone." West narrate. "Because of his damn condition that he could just smile his problem away, because he couldn't feel any pain from it."

"I'm sorry...." he said to them. "I urged him to tell all of you, but he just said after the concert, or after his plan finished... I wanted him to get treated, but he.... he just.... give up like that." West said to them.

That is when they notice Lien waking up. The Sinners gather up around him, while Ji, Sica, Tae and Teuk was behind them, and worry was in their faces as Lien's face was still, expressionless.

"Hey nice seeing you all here.... why the sad faces I'm not dead yet so don't look at me like that.." Lien joked, as he tried to sit up. David and Jerome saw this and helped him.

"You dare to joke huh Lien.." Ryan said angrily..

"Sorry.... for that.. So... if you are all here that means...." Lien trailed off.

"Yeah we know.." Jerome said to him. "Why the hell you didn't tell us? You selfish bastard! Are we not that important to you?"

"Well... I forgot hehehehe" he said smiling making the rest irked by it. "I didn't tell you because you are important. Beside I don't want you all to be sad. You are the only family I know.... I don't want to see you cry and grieve because of me."

"Well your plan backfire..." Jerome said to him. "You are ing dying and you just hide it from all of us..."

Lien then saw Julie, their Maknae, crying. He then signaled her to came closer.

"Hey... I told you to not cry anymore.... you know I hate girls crying because of me" he said as he ruffle the girl's hair.

"You don't have the right to say that!" Julie said to him. "You hide it even from me, even though I was just a plane away... You could have told me...." Julie then went and hug him and pleaded him "Oppa, please don't die."

But Lien didn't promise anything and just let the young girl cry on his lap.

"So you won't be attending the concert huh.." Jiyong interrupted.

"Oh hey.... you are here too huh" Lien answered. "Who told you I won't join in the fun. Of course I will perform there, just give me a couple of days rest, and I will be up in running." He said enthusiastically.

"With your condition? Really?" Jerome said to him, and he just give him a thumbs up. That is when he saw the girl, he didn't wanted to tell his condition. As soon as he saw her teary eyes, he knew that what he saw earlier was not a dream.

"Hey can you leave me and Jessica, here for a while" he said to them. "I just need to tell her something"

The others noticed that Jessica, haven't talked to Lien nor, said something, for a while now, so they just leave the two in the room.

 

Outside......

"So what now?" Leeteuk ask West. "Should we tell them what happen here or not?"

"We shouldn't tell them, the concert is just a week from now... they will surely be affected from it.." Tayeon said to them.

"Tae's right, it could damage the moral of the people there" Jerome seconded.

"No... we should tell them.." Ryan said to them. "It's just, that we should tell them...."

"Rye's right, beside, we did started that we shouldn't hide anything to them." West said to them, but Jerome and Taeyeon was still doubtful. "Don't worry about what will happen, the concert will happen, this next Saturday. And it will be fine." West assured them.

Jiyong on the other hand was near the door eavesdropping of what the two have been talking.


Lien's pov...

 

After all of them get out of the room, I signaled Sica to come closer to me. She hesitated at first, but she grab a chair and seat next to me. Her head stayed down and she wouldn't look at me, but the sniff that and silent cry that I heard, and I know she is crying. I lifted her chin up and force her to look at me in the eye. I smiled at her, and gently wipe the tears in her eyes.

"Hey.... I have made you cry again, huh?" I said to her, and she just nodded. "I'm sorry..... I just didn't think that you will know, this early."

"This early? You mean you will let me know when you are dead? You really are a selfish bastard" Jessica said bluntly.

"Well if you put it like that, yeah... " I answered. "Sorry about it" I said coolly.

"Is this why you said that you love me but you couldn't be with me?" She ask me.

"Yes.... Sica... I'm dying." I said to her. "That's the truth and I don't want to drag your heart with me when I am gone. I saw a lot of people who love people who in the same situation like me and get with them. I don't to drag you with me.... that's why, I restrain myself on loving you." I then cupped her face and slowly the tears that I wiped out came again, and this time mine as well.

"When, I thought I was living again, I wanted to confess to you..." I said to her. "I wanted you to be the first one I see here in Korea when I came back from my, rehabilitation, in the US. But everything get ed up and still I'm dying, the only good news is that I wouldn't know, and I will never will."

"I really loved you Jessica!!! more than you know... but I don't want to take you with me this time... I wanted you to be happy, and not cry all the time. I want you to build your own future.... and not ruin it because of me. I'm sorry to say I can't promise you Forever..." I continued.

But he just hug me, and cry in my chest, and slowly I wrap around my arms on her body, pushing her closer to mine.

"Don't worry, I'm used to this.... Since I was a kid, I am alone so dying alone will not so different for me" I said to her.

"What if I don't want you to die alone..." She said in a muffle tone. I suddenly look at her and I could see that she was serious. "I want to be with you, so you won't be lonely... cause you are the only one that have given me my happiness back. Your not alone, I am here with you, your group, your friends.... so please don't push them away. You said so yourself that they are like a family to you..."

"Jess .... I don't want you to waste time for me. I don't want to destroy you. When I'm gone I don't want you to wallow up on grieving for me...." I said to her, making her understand my point but still she was stubborn.

"You're just assuming things. I'm stronger than you... I won't be like that cause you taught me to be strong... " She smiled at me. "Then let's make a promise." she then do a pinky swear infront of me. "I will promise that I won't cry when your gone.... I won't cry even when you die... So... So don't push me away, and let me at least ease the pain in your heart. I know you can't feel pain physically... But still I can see you are hurting emotionally....."

I really can't win, for the longest time I know her, She is the few people who can tell what's in me. Without any response I lean closer to her and I just kiss her. She was shock of what I have done, but still she knows what I mean. I just hope that being with her, in the few days of my life, will be enough to make things right.....

.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, Jiyong heard everything, and he walk away after that. That is when Taeyeon came.

"Oh Ji... you're here.. Teuk oppa said we should go back to the stadium now" Taeyeon said to him.

"Who would stay with Lien here?" I ask her.

"Jessica, and Julie, will stay here, with Jerome..." she answer but she saw Jiyong worried look. "is there a problem?"

"Taeng.... Do you really think that Jessica and Lien love each other?" he ask her.

"yeah... when Lien was with me, I notice how he talk about Jessica, same with Sica, they actually match. It's just unfortunate that Lien, is .... ..." She couldn't finish what she was about to say when tears also fall from her eyes.

He hug her, and try to comfort her. He knows, that Lien was been a friend to her, and for him too.

"I'm just sad for Sica." She said truthfully. "She love him more than anything.... and I don't want Sica to be sad again...."

"Don't worry... God is good, and maybe there will be a miracle.." He said as they walk away from the room.


No ones pov....

 

Just like what they have discussed, as they arrive to the stadium, West tell everyone what happen and what Lien's condition is. The girls got teary eyed and some cried, The boys got devastated especially Lien's labelmate.

"Don't get discourage about this... " West said to them. "Lien won't like this so I hope we should continue giving our best."

"West is right. The only thing that we can give Lien is to make his plan materialize and made this Concert a Concert to remember." Leeteuk said to them. "Beside Lien promise to us that he will perform with us... so lets not disappoint him"

The whole group got cheer up, and for a moment their spirit got lifted up.

"Yeah.... we shouldn't let him see a pitiful performance...." Heechul said.

"Right... " Jaebum seconded "and if he can't get up from that hospital, We will drag him out of there so he could just perform..."

Everyone was in high spirit, and was pitching in to make the concert go well. Jiyong on the other hand was thinking about what he have heard in the hospital. That is when he thought of a bright idea.

"Hey.... I have an idea" he said to the crowd of idol.

"What is it Jiyong?" West ask him.

"I need a favor from everyone... and if this work.. we can make make everyone happy with this...." Jiyong said as he relay the plan's to them.....

 

"That is dope, hyung!!" Seungri said to him...

"Should we tell at least Sica?" Sunny said while the other girl agreed.

"I think Lien have that kind of song in his room back at the office... we can use that..." Ryan also said...

"As for the stage preparation we can handle that, with the boys" Nana said too...

"So you agree with this?" Jiyong ask them.

"Hell Yeah!!!! For Jessica and Lien!!!" They all cheered


Author's note:

 

I have been updating this more now cause I wanted to finish this before the months end so give me some slack okay.

A few more chapters to go and this will be the end....

Just asking...... do you want a happy ending?

 

""teasers"'

"""Korea's Dream Concert 2015!!!""" -- Seoul Sports

""Idol's Dream Concert will be on May 23!!!"" ---Onesen

""Concert for a Cause-- for the benefit of the earthquake victim"" -- KBS news.

"""Dream Concert will be aired in the three biggest TV station in Korea"""-- SBS news.

 

""Are we sure about this?.. You know we should all be resting by now..."Dara ask Jiyong..

"yeah Dara's right.... the concert is tomorrow" Donghae said too...

"Don't worry about anything it's just a tradition we do before...." Tayeon said to them.

"Is this why we have a fireworks in our hand?"Tiffany said to her""

 

#EVE of D-Day