40: Will you be my girlfriend?

Unreachable You

WOOHOO. The chapter that most of you have been longing for. I hope this won't disappoint you all. ENJOY! ^^

Sehun’s pov:

The day finally arrives. Guess what? I woke up at 7am. I did not get much sleep but well, I’m being anxious for later. I’ve already inform Jaeyi to come over and she’s okay with it! She will be coming here at 12noon. The rest are going out. I’ve also came up with an excuse of why am I the only one at dorm.

I keep pacing back and forth. I skipped breakfast because I can feel that my stomach is turning over.

“Yah. Stop walking here and there. Just sit over there quietly.” Baekhyun shouted. “Aye, you must understand him. He’s going to confess maybe for the 1st time in his life.” Chen said. Somehow, I’m glad that Chen hyung understands. I chuckled and quietly went over to sit on the sofa. I kept checking my phone, trying to play games but none of them allows me to concentrate. I also kept checking on the time.

When it clock show 11am, the hyungs are preparing to leave the dorm, leaving me alone till Jaeyi comes.

“Good luck yo! I’m sure she will accept.” Luhan hyung patted on my shoulder. Most of them wish me the best. “Gomawo!” I send them off to the door step.

11.30am … My phone vibrated. I immediately took my phone and look at the message.

From: Jaeyi

I’m going over now! I may reach there earlier than the meeting time.

Oh no! I quickly rushed into my room and changed out to a nicer looking but still look casual outfit. At 11.45am, the door bell rang. I can feel that my heart is going to come out from my mouth. I took a deep breath before opening the door.

“Annyeong!” I tried my best to be normal.

“Why is the dorm so quiet?” she asks being puzzled. “Ah, the rest went out to do grocery.” Yeah, my excuse. She nodded her head and sat on the sofa. We chatted for quite a while before I start my plan.

“Erm, Jaeyi, are you bored?” I ask out of nowhere. “A little.” She answered softly.

“Don’t worry! I’ve prepared playing some games.” I quickly went into my room and took out a box.

Your pov:

When Sehun came back with a box, I tilted my head.

“Open the box.” I do according to what he said and opened the box. There were many small balloons in it. “What am I suppose to do with it?” I asked.

He handed me a needle and asked me to poke burst the balloon till there’s a note inside the balloon. I nodded my head and went on bursting the balloon. I was irritated as there were so many little balloons and all that I’ve burst does not contain any piece of paper.

“Aish, are you sure there’s a balloon with a piece of paper?” I asked while being annoyed bursting the balloon. “Yes! I confirm there is. And when you got it, do not open the piece of paper till the last game.” He told me. After don’t know how long, I finally burst a balloon and saw a piece of white paper.

“Yay!” I raised the piece of paper.

“Great! Moving on, round 2.” He took out a can of ‘Pringles’.

“I’ve hide a piece of paper in between 2 chips. Go ahead and eat till the piece of paper is on the surface.” He instructed. I nodded my head and started munching the chips. Well, it wasn’t that hard. After eating a few chips, I saw that piece of paper. So now, I’ve obtain 2 pieces of paper.

Next, he handed me his phone. He wanted me to unlock his phone that was encrypted with number pin. “How am I suppose to unlock?!” my eyes widened. There are so many possible number matching. However, Sehun started chuckling.

“It starts with 2 and ends with 9.” He gave me hint. But, will that even work? I sat on the sofa started trying to break the pin. “2…5…2…9” I kept on randomly punching in 4 numbers while Sehun sitting beside me laughing. “You are not helping me!” I smacked his arms and pouted.

“This is a challenge for you! I know the password, how am I supposed to help you?” he gave that winning smile. “Ara ara. 2, something, 6, 9.” Now there is only 1 number I’ve to guess.

“2…3…6…9” Yes! I break in. “Okay, remember that password, araseo?” he said. “Okie!” with that I was so happy.

“Last challenge. Guessing the song title. I will sing random songs and when I’ve ended the game, you need to remember the last song title I’ve asked you to guess.” He explained. “Seems fun.” I looked forward to this challenge.

“Lying beside you… here in the dark… feeling so…” before he could finish the song, I immediately answered the song as, ‘Open arms’. I got it correct!

“Tell me~ Why do you have to go and make things so complicated?” he sang the next song. But obviously, he sang the chorus already. ‘Complicated’, I answered. Well, it’s me, yo. I got it correct again.

There were a few more rounds before coming to the end.

“Hey hey you you! I know that you like me!” he started being high over the last song. I started laughing so hard at how Sehun is singing at that. “Yah, babo. It’s ‘Girlfriend’.” I answered and yeah, even the last song I got it correct.

“So, you remember already?” he asked and I nodded.

“You can now open up the 2 pieces of paper. It must be accordingly.” He instructed. So, I first open the piece of paper that got me so hard by bursting the balloons.

It contained the word, ‘WILL’.

Next, it’s the piece of paper I found by munching on those chips. The next word was, ‘YOU’.

However, the next clue was the 4 digits of number. “How am I suppose to solve that?” I asked.

“2nd alphabet of the number 2. 2nd alphabet of the number 3. 1st alphabet of the number 6. 3rd alphabet for the number 9.” I tried to catch up his explanation. Finally, I got it.

BE MY’.

“Uh huh. And the last one was…” as I was thinking about it, my eyes widened.

GIRLFRIEND’.

Will you be my girlfriend…” I repeated. The next moment, I saw a laptop in front of me. Sehun was nowhere to be found. I clicked on the video that was already set up.

“Erm, erm. Hello, Jaeyi!...” the video started. I kept on watching. I was shocked after hearing the part that he said he fell for me. My heart started fluttering. Yes, I did fall for him too. When the video ended, I was thinking if I should move on to the next video.

I…

Took

A

Deep breath.

I typed in ‘Yes’ into the video that I’ve entered ‘yes’ for the password.

“By the time you are watching this video, I guess my heart is pounding really fast. But well, nothing beats the sincerity. Turn and look behind now.” This was a shorter video. I turned and saw Sehun holding on to a bouquet of roses.

His smiles are so stunning. I stood up immediately. This was my reaction. Suddenly, he kneeled down.

“Jung Jaeyi. Even if you have say ‘yes’, but I am still going to ask this. Will you be my girlfriend? I know there will be ups and downs for us. Simply it was because we are idol. However, I want to show you that, that doesn’t matter. As long as I’ve feeling for you and you have feeling for me, nothing can beat the strength of our love. Sadly we need to keep this relationship a secret. We can’t be the other couples out there that can do any publicity of their relationship. But, I can assure you. Even if this is a secret relationship, we will still be as loving as the others, if you give me the chance. Once again I ask, will you, Jung Jaeyi, be my girlfriend?”

His speech touches me a lot. My eyes gone teary. I couldn’t say any further. The man that I fell for is now in front of me, kneeling and confessing. I took another deep breath. I nodded my head.

“Jinjja?!” he asked to confirm.

“I, Jung Jaeyi, accept to be your girlfriend.” I stated. He immediately stood up and spun me around. Suddenly, the door came opening.

“WOOOOO! OUR MAKNAE HAS GROWN UP.” All of the EXO members shouted and congratulate us.

“Don’t worry. This relationship is between you, me and the members.” He continued. I smiled back to him. He slung his arms over my shoulder and pushes me closer to his body. 


HOW IS IT? Omg. Is this confession ish? Ahhhhhhh.