21: The Blackout

Unreachable You

Sehun’s pov:

I know what you did. Putting jacket on her while she’s sleeping uh?

The note stated. And clearly when I looked up, it was the girl who poured water on Jaeyi the other time. “What do you want?” I asked in a strict tone but still have to force myself to smile in front of the fans. “Nothing. I’m just saying what I’ve saw.” She replied. I quickly signed her album and passed on to the next members.

*Did she do anything to Jaeyi?* I started getting worried. For the rest of the fan sign, I would force myself to smile to the fans and have the urge to give her a text. When the fan sign finally ended after 1 hour the girl had told me, we did the last greeting before going off. Immediately, I took out my phone and start dialing her number.

“…” it keep beeping but no one is answering. Finally when I’ve called for the don’t know how many times, someone picked up.

“Yeoboseyo?” she picked up. I felt relieved after hearing her voice. “Jaeyi ah, are you okay?” I asked in concern. “Hmm, oh. There’s a jacket.” She answered back. I started chuckling because I realized that she just woke up and that means she’s still in the vocal room. “Yah, that jacket belongs to mine.” I told her. And continued chatting for the next 5 minutes before the hyungs started calling me to end the phone call.

When we finally reached the company, I quickly went to meet Jaeyi as she told me in the text that she’s in a practice room. Even though I know that she’s fine just now, seeing her in real makes me truly relieved. “Annyeong oppa!” she greeted me with a smile. Suddenly, I remembered about the girl that handed me the post-it that says she saw everything. I pretended nothing happen and have no intention to tell Jaeyi. I don’t want her to feel burden.

I sat at a corner of the practice room while she is trying to dance freestyle. She on random songs and started dancing. Halfway through, about 20 minutes later, there’s a blackout. I heard Jaeyi screamed and quickly call her out. We couldn’t even see each other but I could only reach out to her hands. “Oppa! What’s going on?” she asked and we went over to the door to open. However, it was not working. The door is operated by the system. That means the door can only with electricity. People have to tap their card before entering the room. And people inside the room and go out easily but the door is still operated by the system.

“Eotteohke?!” Jaeyi started to panic. She kept trying to open the door but to no avail. Even though I couldn’t see her, I know that she’s panicking. “I don’t want to be stuck in the room!” she started shouting and I could feel that she is going to break down.

“Are you alright?” I placed my hands on her shoulders as she is sitting beside the door. She didn’t say anything. “Perhaps, do you have claustrophobic?” I asked as I know the symptoms to it. “Yes…” she answered slowly. 

“Don’t worry. You are not alone. I’m here with you, alright? There’s nothing to be afraid of.” I comforted her and I could see that she is shifting herself nearer to me which makes my heart beat increases.

Your pov:

I have no idea how long will this blackout last. As the time gets longer, my heart has calmed down. I’m not as afraid as the start of the blackout. Maybe it’s because of Sehun. We started chatting with each other to kill time.

“So… do you have anyone you like in school?” Sehun asked abruptly. I was shocked at the question. There isn’t anyone in the school that I like actually. So I just told him that I don’t have. “How about you? You were once in high school.” I asked. He started chuckling I guess it’s his memories.

“There’s a girl I kind of like back then but as you know, I’m an idol and I can’t do anything about it. Eventually I gave up on her after some time. But currently… there’s someone that is filling my heart slowly.” His words became serious when he went on to the current one he’s talking. “Ahh, she must be lucky.” I replied. “I guess so.” He laughed. I was wondering who this girl he’s referring to.

“Who is that girl?” I asked without hesitation. I could tell that he is having trouble to answer my question. I guess he wants to keep it a secret. “It’s okay if you don’t want to tell. But, will you give up on her eventually too?” my curiosity hits me a lot. “Erm, I guess not?” he answered truthfully.

“Is she a noona to you?” I asked again. Too much questions on my mind. “Nope. Why do you think it’s a noona?” he asked me back. “That’s because you said that your ideal type is noona who can maybe looks after you.” I explained. He started chuckling again. “That doesn’t mean the person I like will be a noona. Ideally my ideal type is noona. But I have no idea why I fell for her.” I could feel the seriousness in his tone again. I started feeling awkward and I told myself not to ask further questions.

After 10 minutes of silence between us, the light finally came back. “OH!” I jumped up and immediately try to open the door. As I turn the knob, the door finally swings open. “FRESH AIR!” I shouted. “Yah, are you that happy?” Sehun asked. “Of course. I’m finally out of the stuffy practice room. Without the air-con .” I said smiling receiving a ruffling of my hair from Sehun.


Sorry for the short update! Initially I fell asleep while typing the story halfway through. But I still tried my best to write a longer story. Hope you like this chapter! Comment for any improvement you want me to make, subscribe for updates and upvote if you really like this chapter ! ^^ Saranghaeeee <3