17: The Concert

Unreachable You

Your pov:

Finally it’s the day for their solo concert. Everyone gathered early in the morning to practice a few times more before the actual concert that will start at 7.30pm. I happily skipped to the place where we are supposed to gather at. When I saw EXO members, I gave them a small smile.

We reached the venue in a short time and started to change into our costumes. Everyone seems different from other practices. They are more uptight and serious than other practices we always had. I hated the part when I have to dance with the other female dancers for the song. Always giving me the same attitude and stare. I sighed and remember to smile while doing the dance.

During the last practice for the day before the actual concert, one of the female dancers decided to use her heels to step on to my toes again. I groaned slightly and continued with the dance. When I finally got on the backstage, I quickly find a seat. *Bruises again.*I sighed looking at my helpless toes. I have to perform no matter what. I did not tell EXO about it and tried my best to dance properly with them without showing any crippling.

Time ticking and the actual concert will start in no time. Fans are coming in to fill in the seats. Screaming and sound of excitement can be heard among the fans. *This is how they feel.* I finally understand the feeling of standing in front of the crowd to perform. When the time comes, EXO finally started their concert with the song, ‘MAMA’ {if I never remember wrongly}. The screaming from fans is getting even louder and names of EXO members can be heard. As each song passes by, my heart beats get more irregular. Remembering the bruises I had on my toes, I told myself that I shouldn’t ruin their first solo concert.

Yeah~ (stop stop stop stop) geu nalgaega jeojeuni…” the song finally started and it’s the first time for me to dance in front of thousands of people. I remembered to smile to the fans while doing the dance. I put little weight on the foot that I have bruises. But without crippling. I could see that EXO members are dancing diligently for the concert. This is something I had never seen.

When I have finished dancing to the song, ‘Moonlight’, I give a sigh of relief. I did not make any mistakes during the performance and am happy with it. However, I earned stares from the female dancers again. “Little .” One of them said while rolling her eyes. I ignored her and change to another costume to prepare for the next song I have to perform.

Before the concert is going to end, they finally performed the song, ‘Overdose’. Somehow I heard people gasping about me. They were shocked that actually there’s a back dancer. I’m wearing black hoodie with a mask. Only left my eyes that are able to be seen. Even though they were shocked to see my presence but at least they enjoyed. And after that, we immediately changed out to prepare for ‘Growl’.

The concert is almost coming to the end. EXO made their last mini conversation before going off.

“I know you all must be shocked as there was a dancer with just for Overdose and Growl just now. Because the timing was short, and it’s hard for us to arrange the dance. Hence, we got a back dancer to dance to Kris’s part. I hope you all will not mind about it. Overall, I love being here. Standing here looking at all the fans and the silver light. It’s you all that motivated us.” Suho made his speech. I’m glad that he even addressed about me. Everyone made their speech before leaving. I could see that the fans were sad and doesn’t wish to leave. “Hope to see you all again!” with that, EXO turned their body and came into the backstage.

As usual, they greeted the backstage helpers before leaving the venue. I got back to the company slightly later than them.

“We shall celebrate the first solo concert that you all had is a success.” The CEO came to welcome us and lead us to a room full with buffet food. Soju and wine are being served as drink. Even though I was underage but I still got myself a glass of wine.

Sehun’s pov:

Everyone that took part in the concert regardless of the back dancer or the staffs that have helped us were inside the room. Most of them were busy chatting. Someone caught my eyes. Of course it’s Jaeyi. She is eating her food quietly at one corner and beside her is a glass of wine. *Aish, that little girl.* I walked towards her and took the glass of wine.

“Yah! How can you take away my drink!” she tried to stretch her hands out to reach for the glass of wine that I’ve raised up. “Don’t you know you are still underage?” I said in a teasing tone. “And so?” seems like she really wanted the drink so much. “Araseo. Don’t drink too much alright?” I handed her the wine and ruffled her hair. Both of us started chatting.

As the late night arrives, the invited ones are slowly leaving. By the time of 2.30am, the room is left with Jaeyi and the rest of EXO members. Jaeyi seems kind of drunk as she had 3 glasses of wine. *Her alcohol in-take isn’t that good.* I shook my head looking at her with the eyes closing.

“Hyung, what do we have to do? She’s drunk.” I said quietly when Baekhyun walked passed. He shook his head and replied, “I don’t know. We are going back soon. How about you?” I sighed and looked at Jaeyi, whose head is already leaning on my shoulder. “I guess I will stay here to look after her.” Baekhyun nodded his head and the rest of the EXO members left after a while. They even give a smirk before leaving.

I lay her down on the floor where it is clean. I took a towel from my bag and went into the toilet to wet the towel. “Babo.” I whispered into her ears and placed the towel on her forehead. I looked around the room and see all the food that have dropped on the floor and decided to clean up. By the time I’ve finished cleaning up, it was already 4.30am. I went back to sit beside Jaeyi. Slowly, I placed her head on my thigh and with that, I fall asleep after a long exhausting day.


Hello! ^^ First of all, thank you to the readers that left messages of 'Get well Soon' to me. Yeah, indeed, I got a bit better. Well, how do you think about this chapter? Must be thinking why didn't I talk about her bruises in the ending of the chapter right? *smirk* Continue reading on and you will know what happened. 

My little confession; You readers are my motivation. And seeing that there are readers that will care for me, I'm really glad. I love all of youuuu! ^^ (Cheesy me. Tsk tsk)

Last but not least, my favourite sentence. Comment for me to improve. Subscribe for updates and upvote if you love this story!