Chapter 54

Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 54

 

“Mom, you should take a rest. Let’s go home.” He told his mother. His wife stands beside him.

 

His mother shook her head and smiles, “I am home already.” She holds the weak hand of the man she loves, the man whom always stay beside her for this past 35 years. Not once they are being separated. He is fall to deep slumber with endotracheal tube on his nostril.

 

“Mom..” He tried to persuade his mom.

 

“Nick, take a seat, and listen to me.” She said. Nick and his wife dragged the chairs and sat closer to his mother. “I have to tell you a story, one and half years after me and your dad get married. I gave born to an amazing baby boy. That’s you.”

 

-------------------------

 

“KIM.. I cannot stand it anymore. I am going to die, my spine twisting, feels like something pulled it to all direction.” Pie said between her tears.

 

“I will call the doctor!!” Kim immediately stood up, but Pie grabbed his hand and squeeze his wrist.

 

“STAY HERE..” She said.

 

“Be patient, Pie, Take a deep breath. Slowly.”

 

“Hug me, Kim.” Kim laid together with her on her bed, he hugged her from behind. Placed his hands on her growing belly and caressed it.

 

“My baby, please don’t be naughty to your mom,” He whispered on Pie’s ear. Pie closed her eyes, the pain slowly subsided. Kim mumbled a song on Pie’s ear, “Fill my heart with song. Let me sing forever more. You are all I long for. All I worship and adore..” He feels the baby moves in her belly.

 

“It’s a boy, Pie.” Kim said, he kissed her on her forehead. The pain is gone, all the remain is happiness and sweats. Kim tote the baby carefully, it’s the first time he hold a baby, his own baby, tears drop from his eyes, fall to the baby’s cheek. He put the baby on Pie’s chest, and the baby stops crying. “The new chapters in our life is started, Pie.” He said.

 

 

Squalls filled the day in their house, day and night, the house is never be empty. A house full of love, care and affections that what’s you called as home. Pie holds her baby, he is crying, she tried to calm him.

 

“Come on, Nick, what’s wrong, my baby?” She talked with the baby, he is still crying. Kim hugged her from behind, placed his arms around their baby. Pie smiled, “Kim, why don’t you go to sleep?” He shook his head.

 

“I will sleep when we get to our bed too.” He said. Nick is still crying. “Baby, please don’t cry, lets mom and dad sing for you.” He said, touching Nick’s head. “Fly me to the moon, And let me play among the stars..” He started to sing.

 

“Let me see what spring is like, On a Jupiter and Mars.” Pie continued the song while Kim humming the inflexion. They moved slowly side to side, Nick starts to stop crying, and he fall to his deep slumber when they finished the song. Pie put him carefully to his cribs.

 

“Let’s sleep, Pie.” Kim holds her hands to their bed room.

 

---------------------------

 

“It’s a benign cyst on her ovarian. It’s not that dangerous, but she had to so several treatments.” The doctor said. “The first things to do is surgery, we need to take out her ovarian before the cyst develop in to tumors or cancer.”

 

Kim never stop holds Pie’s hand since they came in there. “Give us time to talk, doc.” He said. The doctor nodded and stood up, he left them.

 

“Kim, I am so afraid. I want a baby girl, I know you want a baby girl too.” Pie said. They found out about Pie’s illness when they want to do therapy to get a baby girl.

 

“I want you. It’s okay, we already have Nick.” Kim convinced her.

 

“But I am afraid, how if the surgery was failed, how if it’s develop to a cancer or tumors?”

 

“I know, Pie. But this is the only way. We will do the treatment, no matter what. I will accompany you till the end.” He said.

 

“If the took our my ovarian, what happen to me?”

 

“The only things that will happen to you is happiness. Trust my words, I would never leave you, I would be with you till the end.”

 

They spent 5 years to cure Pie’s illness until it’s clear from her body. They took off her ovarian, not once Kim left her, even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter