Chapter 19

Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19.

 

PIE POV.

 

I am so busy today, Fern is going to visit her grandmother, and my worker didn’t come to work because she is sick. So, I stayed on my bakery since morning. It’s two weeks before my trip to Milan, before meeting Kim, yay! I miss him so much, he was so busy too lately, have a lot of meeting, also over working. We kept facetime-ing when he was in this office, kept trying to communicate even both of us are busy. Today is a long tiring day, I already drink my second cup of coffee. I started my day at 5PM, baked some cakes and bread, and staying in my bakery. Usually I will come later at 11PM to check, and go to do my business.

 

“Excuse me, can I get the whole wheat bread?” An old woman talked to me.

 

“Of course, do you need it to be slice?”

 

“No, that’s better.”

 

“4 euro, madame.” She gives me the money and went away. I look to my watch, it’s 3PM already, the bakery will be close in 5. My phone’s ringing, it’s Kim.

 

“Halo.”

 

“Hi, Rabbit.”

 

“You wake up early, Panda.”

 

“I only slept for 4 hours, I think I am the real Panda now. How’s the bakery?”

 

“I am so tired. I need your hug here.”

 

“Uh, I really want to hug my lovely girlfriend.”

 

“Are busy today, Kim?”

 

“As always, this exhibition is killing me. A lot of things to do.”

 

Someone is coming to my bakery, I turned my body to see.. “You..” I unconsciously said it.

 

“What?” Kim asked me.

 

“Kim, there is a customer, I will call you back, honey.” I ended the call without any words from Kim.

 

“Hi, you again. You worked here?” Van smiled, he holds Lala’s hand.

 

“It’s my bakery.” I answered him, “Hi, Lala, how are you?” I asked Lala, she is fully smiling, but didn’t call me mom again. I think she already knows that I am not her mom.

 

“I never meet you here. Lala loves the chocolate cake here.”

 

“I only come in the morning, but today my workers didn’t come. Can I help you?”

 

“I see. Can I get the chocolate cake for Lala.”

 

I took the chocolate and pack it in a bag. I went outside the cashier and squatting in front of Lala. “Hi, Lala, this is for you.”

 

“Thank you, aunty” She said with her cute voice and hug me. She is so cute.

 

“Uh, you are so cute.” I said. “The chocolate cake is the treat for my new little friend,”

 

“Don’t need to do that, Pie,” Van refused me,

 

“I insist.” I smiled to him, he smiled back and nodded.

 

“Thank you. Lala, say thank you again to aunty.” Lala followed him. We talked for a few minutes, they just move near my bakery, because Van found a new job here. They went away after that, and I called Kim back.

 

“Halo” He answered my phone.

 

“Hi, honey, sorry, I just finished.”

 

“Next time, don’t end a call like that. Who is the customer that you called as ‘You’?” Kim asked me in cold tone, which mean he doesn’t like it.

 

“I am sorry. I was in hurry. He is Van.”

 

“Who is that Van guy?”

 

“I met him a few weeks a go when I had lunch with Fern and Boy. His daughter came to me and hug me, so he introduced her daughter and himself, and saying sorry.” I explained to Kim.

 

“I see. It’s okay.”

 

“I am sorry. Don’t be mad, okay?”

 

“I just need explanation, I am not mad, honey.” His voice starts to sound tender. “Did you get your lunch?”

 

“I got sandwich, do you get your breakfast?”

 

“No girlfriend cooking for me, I only get donut and coffee.”

 

“So pitty you, why don’t you looking for a girlfriend then?”

 

“That’s a good idea, one in LA and one in Amsterdam.”

 

“Don’t you dare or I will kill you!”

 

Kim laughed, “Of course not. Pie, I need to drive to my office. We will talk later, okay? I love you.”

 

“I love you too, take care, Panda.”

Days passed away, I am confused to pack my things to Milan, as always, I don’t know what to bring, but Kim told me to bring my winter coat. I don’t think Milan is that cold, but he insisted that I will need it. So, it’s better to bring it. I don’t know his plans. Fern was helping me to pack my things at first, but sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter