Chapter 34

Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 34.

 

“No, that’s crazy. I can’t imagine if I were you.” The young man said, he feels sad by Kim’s story.

 

“That’s why, my son. I have to tell you this. You should have the courage to ask your girlfriend to marry you. If you knew she is the one, never doubt to asked her.”

 

“I know Pa, I know she is the one. You gave me the courage to asked her.”

 

Kim patted his shoulder, “That’s my son. I hope you could be happy, Beam. Don’t spend your life regretting like I did.”

 

“But, what did you do after that?”

 

Kim laughed, “You don’t really need to know about it now. I will tell you in another day. I think you should go now. Aom will be mad if you late, don’t let her reject your proposal.”

 

“You are right, but promise me you will tell me later. Oh, I am so nervous now.”

 

“She will say yes, trust me, son.”

 

“Thank you, Papa. You gave me the courage. I am lucky to have a Papa like you.” Beam hugged him. He patted his back.

 

“You always made me proud, my son.” He is smiling, watching Beam’s car fade away from his sight. But he feels bitter in his heart, he feels the missing piece again, recalled that story made him sad, but in other hand, keeps his heart warm.

 

“So, you still remember her, Kim?” The old woman asked.

 

“Even I am trying to forget her, I still couldn’t.” He stood up from the desk, “I will have a walk.”

 

He walked to the park by himself, and sat on the bench, watching people comes and go, kids playing, youngster that madly in love holding hands and laughing. Time is flying, he is getting old, everything changes, but not memories.

 

---------------------------

KIM POV.

 

I can’t breath, I need oxygen, I need to breath. Some one pulled my head out of the water. I immediately gasped for oxygen, but he pushed me down to the water again. I gained my consciousness, I hit his hand to let me go, but he is too strong. He did that for several times and threw me to the floor.

 

“Stop it, he could be die!” I heard Zee’s voice.

 

“he would rather die than live like this!” That’s Mario. He grabbed my collar and looked to my eyes. “Do you hear me, Kim? You better die!” and he hit me on my jaws. Yes, I am better die, he is right. He better kill me now. Zee grabbed his hand before he punch me again.

 

“Stop it, Mario. You could kill him!” Mario stopped his move and walked out of the bathroom, Zee followed him. I cannot hear their conversation, my body is too weak, my head is spinning and like it’s ready to explode.

 

“Come on, Kim, stood up.” Zee pulled me off the floor, I am too weak to move, Mario came and help him to carry me. They put me on the couch.

I am too dizzy to recognize where am I, everything is doing to be dark.

 

When I opened my eyes, Mario and Zee sat on the couch in front of me. The sun comes through the window. I hold my head, and sat on the couch. I am in Zee’s apartment. “Why am I here?” I asked.

 

“Kim, please. You should stop being like this.” Mario didn’t answer my question but he has his speech. “Look at you, we know you are hurt, but it’s not the way you spend your life.” I kept silent. Here again, they will confront me about my life. “Dr. Rony called Zee. We know you are sick. Please go to rehab, Kim. You need to recover yourself.” Yes, I am sick, my liver is damaged, I think it’s a good way to die slowly than life longer.

 

“Please, Kim, stop it before it’s too late. Pie won’t be happy if she saw you like this.” I stared on the ring on my finger.

 

“Don’t say her name. She won’t be here. She won’t care about me. This is my life, only me.”

 

“But we do care about you!” Mario hit the table. “It’s been 4 years, Kim. Why don’t you try to move on?!”

 

I smirked, I laughed, “Do you think I am not trying? Do you think I am not fighting with me self? I tried, Mario, I tried to forget her, I tried to hate her, but I just find my self love her more, I just find my self missing her more everyday. Then I decided to stop. Please, please don’t meddle about my life. I will live my life with my own way.”

 

“Good, good then. I won’t care about you again, even if you were dying.” Mario stood up. “Zee, let him. Let him do what he wants. I am off here.” He walked out the door and slammed the door. Zee just sat there, staring on me, without any words.

 

“I have to go,” I said, I took my jacket, and walked out. I am so stubborn to love my self, I am so stubborn to listen to them, so I did everything in a wrong way, I know.

 

That was one silent night when Nadech called me, it’s 4 AM, I didn’t sleep yet, I was drinking and smoking, watching football match, but I didn’t pay attention to the game, I am busy with my mind. “Kim, your parents got an accident.” I couldn’t say anything when I heard what he said.

 

“Kim, are you there?” Nadech asked me again.

 

“Yes, I am here.” I answered him. I still shocked by his news.

 

“Your parents got an accident, they are in very critical condition. You have to come to Washington. They are in Baltimore now.”

 

“Okay.” I ended the call. I was freezing, it’s not because I drink too much, but it’s because I am afraid I will lose them. Again, first, Pie, now, my parents. I washed my face with a cold water, and immediately took my car’s key. I drive to airport, only with clothes on my body. Worriedness and fear mixed in heart. I haven’t meet them for 12 years, and I never thought I will see them like this.

 

I parked my car, and run to the departure hall, run from one counter to another to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter