Chapter 40

Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 40

 

“Chess match today! I will beat him!” Zee talked to himself. He is on the way to Kim’s home. He drives his car slowly, and parked it on Kim’s yard. Like usual, he didn’t rang the bell but go straight inside.

 

“Kim! Chess match today! Don’t you dare to run!” He called Kim, but no one answer him. “Kim?” He put the chess board on the counter near the door and the lamp. Kim sat on dinner table, didn’t face him. “Why don’t you turn on the light?” Zee walked to the room. “What is this mess? What happened here?” The room is still messed up. Broken glass scattered on the floor. Zee pulled Kim to face him.

 

“It’s just a mess that I made.” Kim answered him. His eyes is empty, blank.

 

“Kim, what’s happened? You are injured.” Zee touched his hands. Kim pulled his hands over him.

 

“No, it’s nothing.”

 

“Let me clean the wounds, Zee walked to the kitchen, searching for the first aid kit. He opened every drawers and found it. He immediately walked back to Kim. He dragged a chair and sat in front of Kim. He poured alcohol into a cotton and cleaned Kim’s wounds. “Tell me what happened Kim.” He said. Kim stay silent. “Is it about her?”

 

“It’s my fault. I shouldn’t hurt her.”

 

Zee shook his head, they stay silent, Zee cleaned his wounds and bandaged Kim’s hands. “You should see doctor.”

 

“No, it will be better later.”

 

Zee sat back and sighed. This happened again, just like 30 years a go. “Kim..” He uttered Kim’s name. “Stop torturing your self. 30 years is enough for me to see you suffering.”

 

Kim shook his head, “This is the best, Zee.”

 

Zee took his phone and dialed Beam’s number, after a few rings, he answered it.

 

“Where are you, Beam?”

 

“I am in Aom’s place.”

“Pick you mom and come to your Papa’s house. I am waiting you here.” Beam didn’t answer him. “Beam? Do you hear me?”

 

“Yes, dad.” Zee ended the call.

 

“You don’t need to call him and Tavee.”

 

“I know he involved.” Zee stood up and took a glass of water, he offered it to Kim. Kim took it and put it on the table.

 

“It’s my problem, not your family.”

 

“Since I know you, you are my family. You are the part of our life, our family.”

 

Kim looked down to his feet. Zee, Mario, Tavee, and Jane are his best friends, more than that, his family. He doesn’t have anyone, his parents passed away, no wife, no kids, no siblings. Through the darkest part in his life, they always be there, help him to face his life, showing him the meaning of friendship and family. They are his brothers, his sisters. “Thank you, Zee.”

 

--------------------------------

 

Beam and Tavee arrived in Kim’s house. They sat on the dinner table, Zee sat beside Kim, facing Beam and Tavee. “Tell me, what happened here, Beam.” Zee starts to speak.

 

“It’s not his fault, Zee.” Kim cut him off.

 

“Kim, I just need to know what really happened here.” Zee answered him, he faced Beam again, “Now, tell me.”

 

Beam sighed. “I was trying to make surprise for Papa and Aom’s Mom. We know that they love each other, we want to help them. Then I took Aom’s Mom here, but everything is ruined.”

 

“Beam, you shouldn’t do that. This is Kim’s house, not yours.” Tavee cut him.

 

“Tavee, please, don’t blame him. He just doesn’t understand.” Kim defends Beam. “It’s all right.”

 

“No, it’s not. They are too much.” Zee cut him.

 

“Dad, I did it for his happiness. I know he loves her, but he didn’t admit it. He chooses to hurt her.” Beam raised his voice.

 

“Don’t talk to me with that’s tone.” Zee raised his voice too.

“Beam, be polite to your dad.” Tavee impleaded him.

 

“He told me to be brave, he told me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter