Chapter 36

Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 36.

 

 

You never get old for love. Kim watched himself on the mirror, he comb his hair, and put the hat on his head. He smiled widely. He cannot drive anymore, government revealed his driving license. He took a cab to Pie’s hotel. His heart beat in happiness. He checked himself on the mirror once again before he walked in to the hotel lobby.

 

“I am looking for Mrs. Mindara, in room 208.”

 

“What’s your name, Sir?”

 

“Kim, My name is Kim.”

 

“I will call her, please wait there.” The receptionist asked him to wait. He doesn’t want to sit. He’s still waiting near the counter. “She will come in a couple minutes, Sir.” The receptionist told him.

 

“Thank you.” He sat on the couch, he can’t stop smiling. Pie is coming, she wore a simple blue dress, She pulled her hairs up. Kim immediately stood up when Pie came closer.

 

“Hi.” He greeted Pie.

 

“Hi, Kim.” She smiled to Kim, his heart beats faster.

 

“Shall we go, now?”

 

“Of course.”

 

They took a cab, Kim opened the car door for Pie, and let her get in first, they sat on the back seat. “I am sorry we have to take cab, I cannot drive anymore.” Kim smiled.

 

“It’s okay. It’s still good. We can talk. Where will we go?”

 

“How about rodeo drive?”

 

Pie nodded. Rodeo drive, they used to go to that place back then. Strolling around, holding hand, enjoy their free time together. Today, they will go there again.

 

They walked side by side. Everything is changing, the old place that Pie remember is completely different now. So many people on the street, they walked among the crowd. Kim grab her hand and hold it, “It’s too crowded, we could be separated.” He said, he hold her hand softly. Pie feels his warmness, the same warmness that she missed for so long, she hold it back. Holding someone hand is never be so right like holding his hand. They walked to the quitter place. “That was so crowded.” Kim said.

 

“Everything is changing Kim. It’s confusing me.”

 

“Not everything. Let me show you, it’s not far.” Kim leads their way. “Do you remember it?” they stopped in a small ice cream stall. Kim stared at her, smiling.

 

---------------------------

 

That was summer time a long time a go, Pie was mad with Kim. He said he will pick her up at 3 PM in rodeo drive, but he was late. He arrived at 4PM, Pie waited for him to come, there was no place to sit, so she stood up for one hour. “I am sorry, Pie. My client was late, and the meeting goes longer than I thought.” Kim told her, he run to her. Pie just pouted her lips, didn’t answer him. “Pie, forgive me, please?” Kim pleaded.

 

“I am standing here for 1 hour! And you just said sorry? I am tired Kim. Why don’t you call me and tell me to go home by my self. If you don’t want to pick me, you don’t need to do it!”

 

“My phone is run out of battery, Pie. I am sorry, please. Let’s go home, now?”

 

“I will go home by my self!” Pie walked, she left him behind. Kim run after her.

 

“Baby, please, I am sorry. I am really sorry.” He begged.

 

“No, I don’t want to talk with you.” She pushed him aside and walked again. Kim stayed still in his place, shook his head by Pie’s action. He run to her and swept her off the ground, he carried her on his shoulder. “Kim! What are you doing?!” Pie shouted in shock.

 

“Taking you home.”

 

“Get me down! People are looking on us! You crazy!”

 

“No, I won’t, forgive me first,” Kim walked with Pie on his shoulder. Pie hit his back, but he doesn’t care. “I won’t let you down, I don’t care.”

 

“Okay, okay, Kim. I forgive you, stop it, now get me down.”

 

“Are you sure? You won’t be mad anymore?”

 

“Yes, yes, now get me off!” He put Pie down again. He grinned and hug her waist.

 

“Now, smile.” Kim said.

 

“No.”

 

“You will be a grumpy rabbit.” Kim pinched her cheeks and pull it to make a smile form. ”Ah, you are more beautiful now.”

 

“Uh, stop it.” Pie rubbed her cheek. “You should pay for you mistakes.”

 

“What?”

 

“I want ice cream, now. You should carry me to the stall.” Kim carry her on his back, and Pie choose the farthest ice cream stall. Kim was covered by sweats, but he makes Pie smiled again, that’s enough to pay his sweat.

 

-------------------------------

 

“I can’t forget it, Kim! You are so crazy!” Pie laughed, they recalled the memory. Ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter