Chapter 41

Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 41

 

Only love can make a memory.

Only love can make a moment last.

You were there and all the world was young

and all it's songs unsung.

and I remember you then, when love was all,

all you were living for,

and how you gave that love to me.

Only then I felt my heart was free.

I was part of you and you were all of me.

(Only love – by Nana Mouskori)

 

Kim turned off the radio. He took his suitcase and walked outside his room. “Let’s go, Beam.” He said. Beam took the suitcase and followed him.

 

“Pa, are you sure?”

 

Kim smiled to him, “Yes. Nothing can stop me, son. I promised you I will come to your wedding.”

 

“Man promised?” Beam asked him.

 

Kim raised his fist. “Man promised.” Beam touched Kim’s fist with his.

 

“Now, drive me to airport.” Kim sat on passenger seat. Beam put his suitcase in the baggage and walked to driver seat. He fasten his seat belt and start the engine. He starts to drive.

 

“Where are you going Pa? Can you tell me?”

 

“You will know later.”

 

Beam remain silent, the way to airport become so long in this silent time.

 

“Pa..” Beam called Kim.

 

“Yes?”

 

“You and Mrs. Mindara are the strongest persons I ever know.” Kim stared at him. Beam shook his head, “I don’t know if people could suffering for so long.”

 

“Just drive, Beam.” Kim said. You don’t know how many times I want to kill my self, you don’t know how many nights I spent alone, you don’t know how many days I hate my self to keep alive. Thousands days I tried to find my way back to my life. But I still lost. My world is crashing down, but I have to stand, in my heart, Pie is always be remained. Thinking about her smile could give me hope for a new day.

 

“I met her a few days a go..” Beam said. “I think she is not good.”

 

Kim sighed. “Aom will take care of her.”

 

No, Pa, she needs you. Beam thought. “ His minds flies to their conversation a couple days a go.

 

------------------------------------------

 

“Honey, there is something I need to tell your mom.” Beam told Aom. He has been thinking about it carefully.

 

‘What’s that, Beam?” Aom asked him back.

 

“Let me meet your mother first, okay?” Beam walked inside their place. “Mom.. Mom..” He called Pie.

 

“She is in her room.” Aom stopped him.

 

“Could you ask her to see me?” Beam looks so serious.

 

“Wait here.” Aom said, she walked to Pie’s room and knock the door. “Mom..” She called her. Pie was sleeping, Aom came closer to her and wake her up. “Mom.”

 

“Uh, yes darling?”

 

“I am sorry to disturb you, but Beam wants to meet you, seems like really important.” Pie sat on the bed.

 

“I will come outside, give me some minutes.” She said. Aom left her alone in her room. She took a deep breath for a couple times. She has a feeling it’s about Kim. She walked outside, Beam is sitting on the couch, he immediately stood up when he saw Pie.

 

“Mom..” Beam called her, Pie sat in front of him.

 

“Why do you want to meet me, Beam?”

 

“I need to tell you something.”

 

--------------------------------------------

 

“You should know my reasons, son. Then you can judge me.” Kim sighed.

 

“Kim,” Tavee touched his hand. He nodded to her.

 

“Let me tell him.” Beam looked at his parents and Kim confusedly.

 

“I am just going to troubling her if I came to her life, son.” Kim starts to talk. “I am just going to be a burden to others, also to your family.”

“Kim, don’t talk like that. We never mind to take care of you.” Zee cut him.

 

“Let me finish, Zee.” He faced Beam. “My body is destroyed, Beam. I did something that really bad to my self back then.” He sighed. “I don’t want you to know my stupidity, but I think you should know, it’s a shame on me.” Kim took a deep breath before he continued. “It was the darkne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter