Chapter 35

Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 35.

“You look handsome, my son.” Kim patted Beam’s shoulder.

“Just like me, pals.” Zee cut him. “Yes, you look good. Did you prepare your speech already?”

“Yes, I did. I am so nervous.”

“It’s not a married yet, it’s just your engagement party, kids.” Zee said.

“I am not a kid anymore, please.” Beam rolled his eyes.

Kim laughed, “he is a man, now, Zee. Stop teasing him.”

“Well,I still remember his crying face when I toted him, now he is going to marry.” 

“Stop teasing him. Now, you should get out of this room, the guests already come.” Tavee came and interrupted them. Zee laughed, He wraps his arm on Kim’s shoulder as they walked outside the room.

“He is really a man, now, Kim.” Zee said.

Kim walked in the garden, they already set up the garden, turned it to be a beautiful garden. It’s summer in L.A, a beautiful time to have a party in your garden. There is a lot of guests, he don’t really knows who they are. His eyes caught a figure that he knew so well. That must be her.

He saw her, he walked towards to her with his weak feet. Trying to walk faster, but he couldn’t. Ages kill his agility. “Pie, is that you?” He tpuched her shoulder, asking a petite woman in front of him. She turned her face, squinted to see the man who called her clearly, “Who are you?” She asked.
 
“I am Kim. Do you remember me?” He took off his hat, his hair is grey, also Pie’s.
 
“Who is that, mom?” A young woman appears beside her, she is beautiful, taller than her mother.
 
“My old friend, Kim.” Pie smiled.
 
The love of my life, Pie. Kim thought.

“Pa, you are here!” Beam called Kim and stands beside him. “Hm, you already met. She is Mrs. Mindara Manaying, Aom’s mother.” Beam introduced Pie to Kim. “And she is Aom, my fiancée.” He smiled shyly.

Kim shook Aom’s hand. “You are so beautiful, just like your mom. Beam is lucky to have you.” 

“No, Pa, she is lucky to have me.” Beam teased Aom, she pinched his cheek.

“I think I am wrong to accept your proposal.” Aom said.

“Stop it, I think you are not ready for a marriage.” Pie cut them. Kim cannot stop staring on her, she is still beautiful, even in her old ages, there is some wrinkles on her face, but she is still the same Pie.

“We have to see our friends, Mom. Can I borrow your daughter?” Beam asked Pie. She just nodded and smiles. Beam hold Aom’s hand, they walked away.

Pie and Kim remain silent, looking at Beam and Aom. “So, now, our kids are getting married.” Pie said.

Kim smiled, “I never think we will meet again.”

“In this awkward moment, when our kids getting married?”

Kim laughed, “Yes, if you said so. He is a good man, he is braver than me.” Kim sighed, “I am proud of him.” He faced Pie, “Your daughter is so beautiful, I understand why Beam falling in love with her. She is taller than you.” Kim laughed again, “Let me see you,” he walked around Pie. “You are still shorty.”

“Kim!” Pie hit his shoulder. “You are old now, but still teasing me.”

Kim feels the warmness in his heart, finally they met again, after so long. “How is Mike? Where is he?” Kim asked her.

“He passed away, Kim.”

“I am sorry to hear that.”

“Where is your wife? I want to see my daughter’s mother in law.”

Kim smiled, “Do you see that woman?” Kim pointed to a woman.

“I cannot see clearly.”

“Come closer.” They walked a few meters. “Can you see her?”

“Tavee?? Is she your wife?”

“She is Zee’s. But you said you want to see your daughter’s mother in law.”

“I don’t understand, Kim. He called you Papa.” Pie is confused.

“I am Beam’s godfather. Zee is his dad, and Tavee is his mom. He also has another Dad and Mom. Mario and his wife, Jane.” Kim smiled. “I haven’t get married, Pie. Maybe I never will.” Pie looked on his hand, he wore a ring, she knows that ring, she has the pair of that ring. She touched her chest, she could feel the pair of the ring in Kim’s hand, she always wore it, she put it on her necklace. “Don’t worry, Pie. He is a better lover than me.” Kim said.

“Pa, come on, the party is started.” Beam called him, they joined the crowd. Fern, and Van are there, they amused to see Kim, and couldn’t believe that Aom will marry with Beam, what a small world. Lala is growing as a beautiful woman, she is married already, her husband is a doctor in Amsterdam, his name is Jake. Fern and Van have a son, they named him Tan. He is a handsome boy, younger than Aom. Kim sat on the other side, he is facing Pie, Fern, and Van. He sat together with Zee, Tavee, Mario, and Jane. He is still staring on Pie. She is still mesmerized him. 

“Thank you for coming to my engagement party. I am not good at giving speech in public, but I have to because today is my day.” Beam stands on the stage, everyone is looking on him, paying attention. “I will tell you how I met Aom, I met her in the library, that was 3 summers a go. She threw me with her pen, because I was so noisy, flirting with two girls there.” Everyone laughed. “That was a moment that turned my life from a good life in to a greater life. I tried to get close with her, I tried for 2 months until she wanted to talk with me, and 6 months and 12 days until she accept me as her boyfriends. We were going through up and down, we laughed, we fought, I learn how to say sorry, I learn how to share, I learn how to forgive and accepted someone completely. I think I found the one that I love.” Everybody is silent, and he continued his speech, “I was afraid to propose her, I am afraid that I am not ready for the next step in my life. But my Papa told me something, the story that boosted my courage. He doesn’t want me to commit the same mistakes like he did, he want me to have a happy life with someone I love. He thought me that we couldn’t turn back time, and living in regret is not a choice for me.” Pie stared at Kim, her hearts aching, she doesn’t know how Kim was suffering, she is also suffering, until now. “Thank you, Pa, you gave me the courage that bring me here today. Than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter