Chapter 30

Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 30.

When you broke up with someone you loved the most, everything could drive you crazy. Yes, everything. Some people even decided to kill themselves because of broke up. But died is not a choice for Kim. He got enough drama and tragedy in his life. So, he keeps struggling to life. He couldn’t sleep every night, he only can sleep if he drinks alcohols till he drunk. Alcohols and cigarettes are his friends in the night. He lost his weight, and his smiles. He often lost his mind in the middle of doing something, and staring blankly to his laptop. 

He is in his office, now. Staring at Pie and his photo on his table. The photo that taken in their house, he is the one who took the photos using tripod. They sat on the couch, Kim hugged her and they laughed happily. The couch that last time he saw Pie sat on it, and kept silent when he walked away from the door. He walked away from her life. He sigh a deep breath, like he is trying to lose all of his sadness. He took his car’s key, and look at his watch. Pie’s flight is today, he promised her to take her to the airport. He walked out from his office and drives his car.

He arrived in the house that he used to live with Pie. He didn’t park his car in the yard like he used to do, but he stopped his car across the street. He stayed in the car for a couple minutes, closed his eyes, prepared his mental and feelings to meet Pie. He must let her go, he have to. He drives the car to the yard, and get out of the car. He took a deep breath before rang the house’s bell. Pie opened the door, the awkwardness fill the air. Kim tried to smile, but all he could give is a robotic smile. 

“Are you ready?” He asked her.

“A couple minutes again. Come in.” Pie let the door open, and Kim come inside. Nothing different since the day he walked out this house, the only things that different is the warmness and love that he always feels in this house. It’s gone. Pie walked to the room that used to be their room. Kim is missing this place so much, he touched the furniture as he walked. He stopped on the couch that they used to sit on it, watching movies together, or Kim will busy with his works while Pie reading her favorite novels on it, or only snuggling on the couch. He walked to the wall, and touch their photos, he choose that one. He stared on it for a couple minutes, until he heard the sounds of Pie’s bag being dragged on the floor, he immediately throw his sight away from the photo, and walked to Pie. He doesn’t know that Pie was looking at him while he stared on their picture. She feels hurt on her chest.

“Let me bring it.” Kim took the suitcase from Pie and bring it to the car. Pie stands in the middle of the living room. Her eyes looking around, too much memories in this house. They fight, they laugh, they loves, they cries, they get crazy, all of this stuff even the wall is the witness of their love life. Pie touched the wall that they painted together before, memories hits her and she wants to cry. Kim is standing in front of the door, he didn’t say anything, he stared on Pie. Pie realize his presence. “Let’s go, Kim. I will be late.” She said as she walked pass Kim. Her perfume is still the same, the scents Kim’s memory about her. He closed the door and lock it, Pie already waiting him in the car. He gets in to the car.

The car smells like a cigarette, Kim was smoking in the car. He the Air conditioner, and opened the window to release the smell. He starts to drive the car, they are in silent. It’s a little bit cold in L.A, it’s not winter yet, but it’s windy already. Kim the music. His phone is ringing, he answered it from the car speaker.

“Hallo..”

“Kim, where are you?” Zee voice audible from the car speaker.

“On the way. What’s wrong?”

“Are you okay? Christine called me and tell me you might be sick.” Christine is Kim’s secretary.

“I am okay. Zee, I will call you later, okay? I am driving.”

“Okay, I will go back to L.A in two days, but Tavee will come next week.”

“Okay. See you.”

“See you.” Zee ended the call. Pie remains silent, but she looks at Kim from the corner of her eyes. Yes, he looks pale, and skinnier. He didn’t shave his bread, and his hair is growing, he is a little bit in a mess.

“Are you sick?” Pie asked him. 

“No. Just too much works. Zee is not here.” Kim lied to her. He can’t sleep, he drinks too much, and smoke a lot. 

Pie keeps silent again until the arrived in the airport. Kim parked his car, and helps her to get off her suitcase. He walked her inside, to the departure gate. The awkwardness is between them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter