Chapter 31

Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 31.

 

Kim took down all the pictures in the house, and he left the house abandoned. He thought by leaving the house he could forget all about Pie. Now, He sat on the couch in his apartment, it’s morning, the sun shines comes through the windows. He wants to call Pie, wants to heard her voice, but he is afraid, he hold himself. In the end of May, on their second year anniversary, Pie is gone, and there he is, lonely, sad, and messed up. Pie is the one who will hug him while he sad, mad, crazy in his tantrum, but she is not here. Every time he closes his eyes, he could hear Pie’s voice told him everything is okay, like she was beside him. The fact that Pie is gone for good, for her better life that he couldn’t give makes him hurt. He is too afraid to build a family, he is afraid his child will feel the same way he feels, he is afraid he couldn’t make his child happy, he is afraid he will only give miserable life to his family. He is afraid to start it and ended it wrong. He spend most of his days to think and watch the emptiness around him, drinking and smoking. People said tomorrow will be a brighter day for him, when the sun shines, he will get better, but it’s not, it’s funny how people thinks nothing is forever when there is something that stay forever in his heart. It’s being his ordinary day, alcohol, and cigarette are his friends. Sometimes in the morning he wakes up and thought to sleep forever, or why does he have to wake up? Every morning just feels like yesterday, nothing changes, the scar still bleeding in his heart.

 

------------------

 

Someone rang the bell in pie’s apartment, she opened the door.

 

“Hi, Pie.” Fern greeted her, Lala is sleeping in her stoller. Pie let her in. Fern sat on the couch, she looked at Pie, she is getting thinner and pale.

 

“What do you want to drink, Fern?” Pie asked her.

 

“Don’t be too formal.” She smiled. Pie took a glass and poured juice on it. She offered it to Fern. “What’s wrong, Pie?” Fern asked her, she saw Pie’s eyes are swollen with the eye bag under her eyes.

 

“I can’t sleep.” Pie sat on the couch.

 

“Why did you break up?” Fern asked her straightly. Pie haven’t tell her, she haven’t tell anyone.

 

“How do you know? Did he call you?”

 

Fern shook her head, “No.” She took out her phone from the purse, she showed it to Pie, Kim’s instagram, with her photos. It was his post two weeks a go. She read the captions and drowned in tears. Fern moves to her side and hugs her. “SSShhh…” She tried to calm Pie, she cried harder.

 

“I want him, Fern. I love him.” She said between her sobs. Fern caressed her back. Fern really understand how much Pie loves Kim, so does Kim, she also understand their problems, but she didn’t expect they will break up. “It’s hurt, Fern. I want him.” Pie keeps crying like a child.

 

“I know, I understand.” Fern said, she caressed Pie like a child. “Pour it all if it could make it easier.” Pie cried on her shoulder, she tried to control herself, but still sobbing. Fern gave her a drink, to calm her. She doesn’t need to tell everything, Fern understands It already. She knows Pie’s dreams, she also knows Kim’s. “Time will heal the wounds, Pie.” She told her.

 

-------------------------------

 

6 months after their broke up. Kim woke up on his bed, his head is spinning, he gained his conscious, he heard the door sounds, a woman comes out from the bathroom, using only a towel to wrap herself. He sat on the bed. “Who are you?” He asked her.

 

“I know you won’t remember. I am Kelly.” Kim tried to remember her, he met her in the bar, he got drunk and couldn’t remember anything. He might sleep with her, he didn’t wear anything.

 

“I am sorry, you better go.” Kim said.

 

“Oh, broken heart boy.” She laughed. “Looks like your love life made you being a fierce man.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Who is Pie?” Kim is staring at her, but he remains silent. “Well, you are lucky that you met me, I don’t care about Pie or anybody else even you never stop calling her name.” She took her clothes and went to bath room. Kim still sitting on the bed, even in his drunk he keeps calling her. What’s wrong with him? Kelly is coming out from the bath room, she took her purse, and leaned a kiss on Kim’s cheek. “Goodbye broken heart boy, see you when I see you again.” She winked and walked out. Kim his cigarette and smoke it. His phone is rin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter