Chapter 9

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat down sipping my tea that Kris yet again made for me. He didn’t have to but I thought it was nice of him. I still had the blanket wrapped around me. Kris tried pulling it off me a few times but I would make sure he didn’t.

“So what brings you here so early? Besides making me tea again?” I asked as I took another sip.

“Well, since you are sick. I thought maybe it would be alright if we car pooled?” he said.

Before I took another sip of my tea I paused and looked at him. He wasn’t looking at me but once he did our eyes locked. I felt my heart skip a beat for some strange reason. I wanted to look away but something inside me told me not to move. I could hear my heartbeat coming through my ears and I soon took a sip without thinking. I missed my mouth and the tea spilled all over my blanket.

“Oh my gosh!” I said getting up. I took off the blanket and Kris got up as well.

“Here let me.” He took it from me and walked to where I had the washer and drier.

'Strange.’ I thought. Kris knew his way around my apartment. I thought it would be alright but somehow I felt something in me uneasy. I took the cup where my tea was and went to the kitchen. I started to wash the cup when Kris came and took it from me.

“I can do it you know?” I said taking the cup back. “I’m not that sick Kris.”

“I know but still.” He said trying to grab the cup from me. I moved away from him and he gave me confused look. “You still haven’t answered me?”

I blinked a few times and realized that he is right. I never answered him. “Oh well, I guess it’s alright.”

“Cool!” he said a bit excited.  

I looked at him and he had this aura about him that I never saw before. It was relaxing and heartwarming for some reason. ‘Wait! Eliza what are you thinking!’ I thought to myself. I looked away from him and felt my cheeks flush red. When I was done washing the cup I went to my room to get a jacket and got my things. I looked at my phone and it was getting close to go to school.

I went to the restroom to make sure I had pads with me for the day and be alright. I saw Kris just watching me leaning against the wall. He gave me a small side smile that just made my heart die inside. It was that killer smile that any girl would go crazy over. I went back into my room and went to the closet to pretend as if I needed something. I closed my eyes and I put my hand over my chest. My heart started to beat rapidly than before.

I tried to relax and not think of anything but I kept seeing his smile appear in my mind. I shook my head a few times to stop it. ‘It can’t be possible right?’ I thought to myself. Could it be possible that I have some kind of feelings for Kris…? I opened my eyes after that thought came to me. I stayed still for a moment until I heard Kris call me. I walked out of the closet and saw him standing at my door way.

“You alright?” he asked concerned. He came up to me and places his hand on my forehead to make sure I didn’t have a fever again. He removed it and sighed with relief. “You don’t have a fever that’s good. Come on let’s go before I don’t find any parking.”

I saw him walk towards the door and I waited a moment. ‘It’s not possible… is it?’ I started to walk to the door and locked it on my way out. I walked to Kris’s car that was parked next to mine and got in. We both put on our seat belts and Kris drove off. The ride was quiet. I looked out the window and let my mind go back to thinking when I was in the closet. I know Kris and I have become good friends since he has been here. We were always together. Besides having class together we would hang out before and after class.

It is true that Kris is indeed very social. He would talk to everyone, but at times when he was with me and the girls he would make sure we were talking and laughing with him. I had never really thought of it before really. Without thinking I looked at Kris who had his attention driving. I never put much thought into if I did have something for him. Something as in if I have feelings for him. I know we got along well with each other and we play around but it never really crossed my mind.

“Take a picture.” Kris said breaking my train of thought.

“Huh?” was all I could say.

“I said ‘take a picture’ it will last longer.” He said with a smile on his face as we pulled into the school parking lot and he stopped the car.

“I don’t under-“

“You were staring at me.” He said cutting me off.

I widened my eyes and looked away from him. “You’re dreaming. I was not.”

“You were too.” He said trying to get me to look at him.

“Whatever!” I got out of the car with my things and before I shut the door I heard him laugh. I could feel myself blushing. I picked up my pace to make him run to catch up with me.

“Hey! Eliza!”

I kept power walking until I entered the building I went straight to the ladies room and walked into a stall. I locked it and leaned against the door. I again placed my hand over my chest and I felt my heart beat racing. I tried to calm it down but nothing so far. I unlocked the door and looked at myself in the mirror. I saw my cheeks still flushed and slowly my heart beat was going to normal. “It can’t be possible….”

I shook my head and walked out of the ladies room. Without looking where I was going I bumped into something hard. I looked up to apologize but when I saw Kris standing in front of me all I did was make a face.

“What are you made of? Steel?” I said walking around him.

“What about you? Are you the Flash?” he said with a chuckle.

I rolled my eyes not looking at him. I knew he had a smile across his face and I knew if I looked at him I would smile as well. I kept trying to walk ahead of him but every time I tried Kris would manage to catch up to me. I started to get annoyed a bit. I stopped and turned to look at him. “Stop doing that!”

“Doing what?” he asked confused.

“Taking big steps to catch up to me!” I snapped.

“Well if you didn’t walk so fast I wouldn’t have too!” he snapped back to me. “Man, you’re so moody this morning.”

I looked away from him. I was indeed moody but I was annoyed with myself really. Before I started to walk I looked at him and he was looking away from me. “I’m sorry, blame me and Mother Nature.”

I started to walk away with normal pace. I jumped when I felt a certain pain on my head. I stopped walking at I saw Kris smiling at me. “Dummy.”

I saw Kris keeping his smile as he walked ahead of me. I rubbed my head and smiled at myself. I felt my cheeks blush and this time I didn’t care if he saw or not.

Once we reached upstairs to our hangout Carolyn and Christi were not around. I went to my seat and Kris sat next to me. I laid my head down using my jacket as a pillow. I felt Kris’s hand on my back soothing me.

“You alright?” he asked.

I looked at him and I could tell he had this worried look on his face. I wonder if he really is worried about me or is my mind just playing with me. I nodded my head and shut my eyes. I felt his hand go away and I felt as if something was missing. I guess for some reason I liked his hand on my back soothing me. I then felt something on my back and something covering me face. I opened my eyes and I saw Kris’s jacket on me as a blanket.

I studied Kris as he had his earplugs in his ear listening to music and looking at his notes. I looked at his golden brownish blonde hair. That color suited him very well.  My eye wondered down to his bushy angry bird eyebrows as fans call him. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter