Chapter 21

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Kris’s P.O.V*

I felt bad for leaving Eliza early today. I wish I hadn’t but the text message that Tao sent me today saying something happened was indeed bugging. I couldn’t text him during class since the teacher doesn’t approve it. When I got the other text from Tao - I was with Eliza, I knew I had to leave and call him. The look that Eliza gave me I knew she felt upset and it bothered me. Not to mention when she told me what was bothering her.

Is it ok for us to be together?

I couldn’t stop thinking about that. I didn’t know what to tell her. I froze when she mentioned it. I knew I had to tell her something and telling her not to worry was the problem I didn’t want to do. But I had anyways. Once I got into the apartment I called Tao right away and went to the bedroom. After the third ring he picked up.

“GE!” he shouted over the phone.

“What happened?” I asked worried.

“Ge, after I got off the phone with you; Chanyeol Hyung told me that Kai has a girlfriend.” He said in a hurry.

I froze in my place and sat down on the bed. I felt everything stopping for a while. I held my breath as I let everything sink in to what he just told me. Kai has a girlfriend. Is that why my manager called me today asking all kinds of questions and to the others. He must have called the others to make sure of us. I finally breathed and stayed silence until Tao shouted in my ear again bringing me out of my thoughts.

 “Ge! Have you told Eliza yet?” he asked me.

I sighed and closed my eyes. “No, I haven’t told her.”

“What? You should tell her Ge!” he sounded a bit worried now.

“What will happen to Kai now?” I asked ignoring his comment.

“We aren’t sure. Chanyeol Hyung said that the manager is on a plane right now to go see Kai and see what is going on.” he said in a panicking voice.

I sighed again and opened my eyes. ‘This isn’t good.’ I thought. I couldn’t tell Eliza about this just yet. I needed some time with her. We just started being a couple and finding out about this is just too much right now.

“Ge, I hope the manager doesn’t find out about you both.” He said.

Again I ignored his comment and spoke. “Does the company know about Kai having a girlfriend?”

“Huh? I’m not sure really.” He said as he sighed. “I think manager Ge wants to check things out first then report. Why?”

I shut my eyes and felt a headache coming on. I could feel myself getting anxious about everything I just heard. I felt my heart sink and then pound hard inside my body. I didn’t know what to think at this moment. I just felt uneasy. I told Tao I’d talk to him later and hung up. I closed my eyes and rubbed them for a moment. I looked at my phone and found Eliza’s number. I kept looking at it for a while but I didn’t press talk.

I went to the bathroom and took off my shirt. I the water faucet and splashed some water in my face. I grabbed a towel to dry myself off and just stared at myself in the mirror. Drops of water were falling from the top of my hair and on to my nose. I could feel it run down my lips and touching my chin. I went back to the room and grabbed my phone to call Eliza. I wanted to say sorry for leaving her and make it up to her. When I dialed her number I waited for her to pick up. I called about four times. I knew on the sixth try I knew she had turned off her phone.

I placed my phone into the charger and sat on the end of the bed. ‘I hope she isn’t mad at me.’ I thought. I sighed and started thinking of ways to avoid telling Eliza what happened today. But not telling her would only hurt her and I don’t want to do that after what she has been through.  I couldn’t bring myself to hurt her nor did I want too. I went to the kitchen and grabbed some water to relax myself. I touched the key that was around my neck and gave myself a smirk.

I had a silly thought of going over to Eliza’s apartment and spending the night with her. I already did it twice. So I really don’t see a problem with this time round. Maybe she wouldn’t like it but I know she would be happy to have me there. Plus I did like being around her and having her in my arms I felt as if nothing else mattered to me. Expect my brothers.

I shook my head and went back to the room. I turned off the light and laid down. I was too lazy to get up and get another shirt. I decided to sleep shirtless hoping I can be relaxed. I closed my eyes and only thought about Eliza. Everything I ever liked about her. Her smile. Her touch when she touches me. Her lips when they are on mine and when she smiles between kisses. I felt myself forming a smile on my face and I felt better.

The smile on my face slowly faded when I started thinking of what I heard. Kai having a girlfriend and our manager on a plane going to go and check on him. That to me didn’t make sense. Kai would never let himself fall for someone. He loves dancing too much and just wants to concentrate on the company. But people say when you find that ‘special’ someone everything changes. I suppose he found that someone just like I have. I never thought I would end up falling for Eliza and now I have I don’t want to let her go.

I know we have only been together for just one day I couldn’t help but to think that I want to stay with her now. She is just different from other girls I have met. Seeing her smile everyday even knowing she doesn’t let her past control her she still lives every day with a smile. I remember when I was depressed I couldn’t really do that. I didn’t really talk to others. I would just keep to myself until Tao would be by me all the time and got me to realize to be happy and enjoy it. Even if he was having a hard time with the people in the company I knew no one was going to help him. I decided to help him myself.

With enough thinking for one day I shut my eyes and went to sleep hoping the next days went by fast and have a nice time with Eliza at the beach.

- - - - 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter