Chapter 39

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When we arrived at the apartment I quickly took off my shoes and threw myself on the bed. I felt tired now. I looked up and Kris was standing still just looking at me. I moved myself to sit up and looked at him. “What’s wrong?”

He shook his head and sat by me. “I uh… wanted to give you something when we were skating but…”

“But…” I said looking at him waiting to see what he wanted to say.

He got a small box out of his pocket and held it. “I also wanted to give it to you when I left but I wanted to see your reaction.”

He gave me the box he had in his hands. I looked at him and back at the box. I slowly opened it and my eyes widen. I felt my jaw open and I looked at Kris. He smiled and pressed his lips together. I looked back at what I saw. I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was a crescent moon necklace with one star at the top. It was the same necklace I saw the day we went to the mall.

I felt tears slowly forming in my eyes. I the necklace with my thumb and looked up at Kris. I smiled and automatically wrapped my arms around his neck. “I love it!”

I pulled back from the hug and we looked at each other. Kris pushed away some tears that had fallen down. I smiled and looked back at the necklace. He really didn’t have to get me this. I didn’t want him to spend any more money on me. But I couldn’t myself. I really did want this necklace.

“You are my only star.” I said softly.

“What?” said Kris confused.

“The star… it makes me think of you being the only star to me.” I said looking at him. “The moon and star together.”

Kris widens his eyes for a moment. “Almost like the north star and the moon together right?”

I thought about it for a moment and nodded my head. “Exactly!”

Kris chuckled. “Great minds think alike.”

I smiled and looked at the necklace. “It’s beautiful Kris. I love it.”

Kris moved forward and cupped the back of my head. “I’m glad Angel.” He pressed his against mine. I closed the box with my eyes closed and put my hand on his cheek. I then thought of his necklace. I broke off the kiss and looked at him. “What’s wrong?”

I smiled and got up from the bed. I went to my closet and got the hanger with his necklace on it. I grabbed the necklace off the hanger and held it in my hand. I sat back on the bed and kept smiling. “Close your eyes.”

Kris did as he was told and closed them. I waited for a moment. I got his hand and placed the necklace down. He opened his eyes and looked down. He seemed a bit confused but then he looked up at me and widens his eyes. “Is this…?”

I nodded my head and smiled. “It’s a new spare key for my apartment but for you to keep always.”

Kris looked down at the necklace and smiled. “When did you do this?”

I thought for a moment. “Almost two weeks ago… I think. I was waiting for the right moment to give it to you.”

Kris was still smiling. He took off his necklace with my spare key and put on the new one. “How does it look?”

I felt tears in my eyes again. I pushed them away as the fell down. “It’s perfect.”

Kris pulled me into a hug and we just held each other for a while. I pulled back and pressed my lips on his. He held the back of my head to deepen the kiss and not wanting to break it. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I slowly moved myself to lie down on the bed. I pulled back for and looked at him.

“Thank you Angel. I love the gift.” He said as he kissed the tip of my nose.

I smiled. “Now we both have something to remember each other by.”

Kris nodded his head. He moved himself back down and kissed me. I shut my eyes as we enjoyed this moment. I felt Kris touch my bottom lip with his tongue. I opened my mouth and let him in. I started losing air. I needed to breathe and Kris knew as well. He broke the kiss and leaned his forehead against mine. We had our eyes closed while we panting. I could feel or lips only an inch away. I pecked his lips quickly and smiled as soon as he opened his eyes.

“I’ll never take this off now.” He said holding onto the necklace. “I love it. Thanks Angel.”

I nodded and looked into his eyes. “I’ll never take off the necklace you gave me. Expect maybe when I shower.”

“Ah I forgot about the shower.” He said as we both laughed. “But I won’t risk it. I’m keeping it on.”

“What if someone sees it and says something?” I asked him.

Kris shrugged. “I don’t have to answer but I can just say I randomly found it.”

“Now that is weird.” I said giving him a face but still smiling. “Say a friend gave it you… like a good luck charm?”

“Now that sounds a bit weird too…” he said making a face at me but smiling. “But maybe that can work.”

Kris pressed his lips back on mine again and pulled back. He moved to his side and held me from behind. We stayed that way for a bit. I had gotten up to change into my pajamas. When I was done Kris got up and changed into his. I smiled as he turned off the light and came under the covers with me. I felt his arm around my waist as he held me. I gave him a goodnight kiss and I shut my eyes.

The last day of the holiday was relaxing I have to admit that Kris and I did nothing. We just stayed in and watch movies on Netflix or went for a walk. It was getting cold again. But the weather here was always changing. First it will be hot then it will be cold and then windy. I didn’t understand this weather.

I was sitting on the sofa or futon w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter