Chapter 30

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

As soon as I got to school I went straight to Kris’s class. Before I even made it down the hallway I saw an Asian guy leaning against the wall. Kris’s text was true. I mean I didn’t really doubt him but I just wanted to be sure for myself. I was about to take a step but I saw the door open up. I looked at the time from my phone and noticed Kris and the girls would be out already. I looked back at the door and saw Kris come out and said hello to the manager. I wanted to move and walk away but I couldn’t. I stayed looking at them both. Kris didn’t say anything. I saw the girls come out and had a smile on their faces.

Carolyn saw me and smiled. “Eliza!”

Kris moved his head up and looked at me. I smiled at Carolyn as she made her way towards me. I saw Christi looking through a book and then closed it. I looked back at Kris and I looked at the manager. He was looking at me as if I was an interesting art painting. I took myself out of being shock and smiled at the girls. I looked away from the manager and looked at Kris once before the girls and I started walking away.

“So what are the rules?” asked Carolyn whispering.

“What rules are you talking about?” I asked her back.

When we made it outside the building I wanted to text Kris where he would be but it was risky. I put my phone in my pocket and kept walking away from him and his manager. I sighed and sat down on the bench outside the library.

“Kris mentioned some rules that were given to him?” said Christi sitting down next to me.

I closed my eyes and realized what she meant by the rules. I opened them and took a deep breath. I looked at both of them who were waiting for answers. I slowly started telling them about the day Kris and I had a small argument. That day was also when Mother Nature came to visit. The girls were listening patiently as I told them what happened.

I would take a break in between what I was telling them since they were getting in shock. I, however was still calm and alright. When I finally got to the end of everything that happened no one said anything for about five minutes. I thought it was a good start. I let them have a moment for everything settle in. I sighed as I looked around hoping to see Kris from a far but no luck.

“You know what this means right?” said Carolyn finally talking.

"That we have to watch ourselves around Kris?” said Christi saying something as well.

“That,” said Carolyn pointing to her.  “And also knowing that Kris really does love you Eliza.”

I looked at her and nodded. “I know.”

I couldn’t bring myself to smile right now. Knowing what Kris did breaking the rules for me is something. I know I feel happy knowing he loves me but he shouldn’t have broken the rules. But either way I’m sure they would have been broken. I was getting a bit hungry so I suggested to the girls that we should go get something to eat. They nodded their heads in agreeing and we made our way over the cafeteria.

I was looking down as I was walking. I wasn’t in the mood looking up. I guess you can say I was bit upset about knowing his manager here. It just felt as if we were always going to have ups and downs. I sighed as the doors were opening to enter the building. I was following the girls and before I knew it I bumped into someone. I snapped out of my thoughts and got ready to apologize.

I widen my eyes when I saw Kris standing next to me. He smiled and gave me a quick hug. I was just about to hug him back but he pulled away from me. I only nodded my head and went to the table that the girls got to eat. I suddenly lost my appetite to eat. I sat down and I looked up noticing Kris still looking at me. I tried to shift my gaze but I couldn’t.

I didn’t want to look away from him. I wanted to get back up on my feet go over and hug him. Kris took about two steps towards me when I saw his manager coming. I shook my head as if the girls were talking to me. Kris stopped moving and looked down. His manager said something to him and Kris only nodded and found a table a bit close to us.

The girls went to go get something and I felt my phone vibrate. I took it out to see what it was. It was a text from Kris.

Kris:

Get something to eat Angel.

I ignored the text and looked up at him. His manager was on the phone talking to someone and Kris was looking at me. I shook my head. Kris sighed and started texting me.

Kris:

Please… I know you’re a bit hungry. I know you didn’t eat breakfast. We always skip that on these days.

I looked up at him and I was about to text him but his manager told him something and left. Kris quickly made his way towards me.

“What are you doing?” I told him getting up.

Kris got my hand and pulled me into the area where the food was. “You need to eat something.”

“What will happen if your manager comes back?” I asked him.

“He told me to get us food.” He said back. “Pick want you want.”

I shook my head. “No, you can’t pay for me.”  

Kris looked at me about to say something when I pulled my hand away from his.

“I don’t want to risk anything.” I looked at him and then looked down. “I’m really not hungry anyways. I need to go.”

“Eliza…” said Kris as I turned around my back facing him.

“I need to finish up some work.” With that I left. I went to the table and got my things and told the girls who were eating I’d see them later. I made my way to the library and went to the side of the building. I sat down and stayed there. I somehow wanted Kris to come and find me. But I knew that wasn’t going to happen. I sighed as I just waited for the day to be over with.

*Kris’s P.O.V*

I sighed as I got a hot dog and some fries for my manager. I was worried about Eliza. The look on her face leaving the cafeteria meant she didn’t like what was happening right now. It made sense now that we both didn’t like it. I wanted to go and look for her but if I left my manager would know something. I couldn’t risk that right now.

I made my way back to the table and sat down. My manager walked in still on the phone with someone and sat down. I was glad to see him I just wished I had gotten Tao’s text sooner. I sighed a bit too loud making my manager looking at me. I shook my head telling him it was nothing and shortly he got off the phone.

I was staring at Carolyn and Christi. They we laughing with each other while eating their food. I wished Eliza was there with them that way I wouldn’t have this urge to go find her. I looked at my food and I suddenly didn’t feel like eating either.

“Not hungry?” asked my manager.

I shook my head at him.

“So do you really like it here?” he asked me.

I nodded my head at him.

“Ok, what’s wrong?” he was about to pick up a fry but didn’t. I looked at him and shook my head. “Something is with you. Is there something you want to tell me?”

I looked at him and stared for a moment. I shook my head and got my phone to text Carolyn.

“Who are you texting?” he asked as he took a fry.

“Tao.” I lied.

Me:

Did Eliza tell you ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter