Chapter 8

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

For a moment I was nice and warm in my bed and not to mention comfortable. The pain from Mother Nature still hadn’t gone away. I tried to lie on my stomach but it didn’t help much. I went back to sleep on my back for a moment then to my side. I soon felt something touch me lightly. I didn’t bother to open my eyes. I kept them closed. I couldn’t bring myself to open them just yet. I felt that touch again on my forehead this time. It felt cool and relaxing.

I soon felt one of the blankets on me being pulled. I ignored it and needed to stop thinking about weird things. I started to hear noises around my apartment. I wanted to get up and check what was going on but this pain wasn’t going to die down anytime soon. I then felt a cold sensation on my forehead. I squinted my eyes to how cold it was. I wanted to push it away from me. But then I remembered I had a fever growing in me and I had gotten two blankets on. I relaxed a bit and started to pat my stomach to relax the pain.

I had kept patting my stomach for a while until I stopped and drifted off to sleep. I slowly opened my eyes and reached for my phone around my bed. Once I touched a rectangle shape I knew it was my phone. I checked the time. I widened my eyes for a moment then placed my phone back on my bed. I had slept for four hours. It was already dinner time. I slowly pushed myself up and I saw a plastic bag full of water fall from my forehead. I looked at it weird. ‘What the-?’

I didn’t remember putting an icepack on my forehead. I started to think again. I looked at my blankets and one was gone. I grabbed the icepack into my hand and looked at it confused. ‘Well if I didn’t put it then...who?’ I thought. I know only two people who have the spare keys to the apartment. My grandma and Carolyn. ‘Maybe Carolyn came over to check up on me.’ I was about to get up from my bed to go to the restroom when I heard a loud bang on the floor.

“Crap!” said a voice I didn’t recognize. I got up from my bed slowly and made my way to the kitchen. I smelled some soup cooking. I moved closer and I couldn’t believe my eyes. I saw Kris in my kitchen. He had a small box next to him open and he got it and put it away. He turned off the stove where the soup was done and I saw another pot being boiled with water.

“Kris?” I said in a calm voice.

I saw him flinch a bit and turn towards me. “Oh! You kind of scared me. How are you feeling?” He touched my forehead and I felt that touch from earlier. He removed his hand and grabbed the icepack from me. “Your fever is down that’s good.”

I nodded my head. “What are you doing here?”

“I uh…” he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand and looked at me a bit awkward. “Carolyn gave me the key to your apartment to come check up on you.”

“Carolyn?” I said softly.

Kris nodded his head at me and smiled. “Yeah, she had this crazy idea that I was worried about you…”

I gave a small chuckle and saw him blush a bit. “Were you worried about me?”

“No comment.” He turned around and turned off the other part of the stove. He got a mug from one of the cabinets and poured whatever what was in the pot. “Here,” he handed me a mug with a tea bag inside it. “Drink this, it will help with the fever and stomach pain.”

I widened my eyes. “How did you-“ I put one hand up. “Never mind don’t answer that.” I went back to my room and sat down pulling the blanket on top of me. I saw Kris come in and stand in front of me. “You can sit down.”

I saw him sit down at the edge of the bed and smiled. I took a sip of the tea he made. It was really hot. I burned my tongue for one and I just slowly took sips. It had a taste of honey and blueberry. Kris was going to say something when I felt a sudden vibrate. He looked at me and his smile faded. Whenever Kris wants to tell me something he always gets interrupted by his phone going off. “Wei?”

I took another sip of the tea while he talked to whomever on the phone. I suspect it was Tao but my thoughts told me it wasn’t. I patted my stomach for a bit once I felt the pain come in again and shortly after Kris got off the phone.

“Sorry, that was Lu Han.” He said putting the phone in his pocket.

I shook my head. “It’s alright.”

“Are you hungry? I made you some soup that Carolyn told me find in your kitchen. I hope that is ok?” he said anxiously.

“So Carolyn gave you a tour through my kitchen?” I said taking a sip.

“Yeah, on the phone of course. She was in a group study and I skipped class.”

I looked at him. “You skipped class? Why?”

He narrowed his eyes brows. “Because you were sick and I wanted to see if you were ok. One day isn’t going to hurt me.”

“So…” I said looking at him curiously. “You were worried about me?”

Kris opened his mouth to say something but this closed it. He looked away from me and got up. “I’m going to bring you the soup to eat.”

I laughed at his reaction and how he ignored the question. Kris didn’t want to admit that he was worried about me. It was ok because I knew that he is. He didn’t have to answer me his face said everything. I placed the mug on the side of the bed where I had a table and I waited. I saw Kris come back with the bowl of soup and handed it to me. It was hot but I placed it on my legs under the blanket which would be less hot. I blew on the spoon as I took it in my mouth.

It was hot and prefect for my stomach. I was indeed hungry after sleeping for four hours. I saw Kris get up and heard the faucet run. ‘Is he washing the pots? He doesn’t have to.’ I thought. I placed the bowl next to my mug of tea and went to the kitchen. Indeed I saw Kris washing the pots and I saw another bowl of soup on the side of the stove.

“You don’t have to do that.” I said as I saw him not look at me.

“It’s ok; go eat your soup before it gets cold.” He said continuing to wash.

“Kris? It’s ok really you don’t have to wash for me. I can do it later.” I said going up to him. Without thinking I placed my hand on his wrist to stop what he was doing. I looked up at him waiting for him to meet my eyes. When he did he moved his right hand and flicked my forehead. “Heeey”

He laughed at my reaction and got the soap off my forehead and I got some soap and I put it on his face. “HEY!”

I quickly turned around and I made my way to my room. I heard his footsteps come closer towards me I hid behind my door hoping he won’t see him. I had the urge to sneeze I tried my best to hold it in but I couldn’t. Once it came out I saw him turn around and laugh.  I slowly moved out from my spot and made my way toward him. “You don’t have soap do you?”

He shook his head at me. But I didn’t believe him. He had his hands behind his back and gave me a small smirk. “Come and lay down.”

As I got closer to him I saw him move on hand from his back and he had a ball of bubbles soap in his hand. I squealed and ran to the living room but before I could grab a pillow Kris grabbed it from me and SMACK. I felt the bubbles on my cheek and he laughed. I got the pillow from him and whacked him with it. He tried to block my hit. He grabbed my wrists to stop me from hitting him.  

I smiled at him and he smiled back I shook my head at him and made a small face. He got the message and released me. I hugged the pillow on my stomach from the pain. I saw Kris whip off the soap off my face and go to the kitchen and he came back with a paper towel. I was going to reach for it but he was already cleaning my face. “You should go and lay down now. You need to rest.”

He pulled me towards my bed room. He touched the bowl of soup while I crawled into bed and get comfy. He handed me the bowl. I took it from him and smiled. “Thanks for the soup and for taking care of me.”

He shrugged his shoulders. “It’s nothing.” He looked down at his phone that he pulled out from his pocket. “I need to go, will you be alright?”

I nodded my head. “Of course.”

He nodded his head and handed me back the key to my apartment. I held it for a moment then handed it back to him. “Why did you give it back?”

“It’s just in case you’re worried about me again you can come over.” I said blushing. I looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter