Chapter 25

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Kris’s P.O.V*    

When I realized Eliza had finally fallen asleep I just held her close to me. I let out a sigh and tried to sleep myself. But it did no good. My mind was awake with many thoughts. One that kept bugging me was if I did the right thing to tell Eliza about the rules? All I know after I told her I felt so much pressure off me.

I knew the risks of telling her. I knew I had to be ready to face anything she was going to say. But no matter what happened I couldn’t just let her slip away from me. I couldn’t let that happen. I love her. I was a bit surprised when she returned the words back. But I knew during our kiss just made everything perfect.

I know maybe telling her ‘I love you’ might have been a way to keep her with me but it wasn’t. I wanted to tell her something that was the truth and that was it. I never lied to her. I just didn’t tell her about the rules. That was the difference. Finding the right time to tell her was the problem. Not to mention wanting to avoid it was helping but when Tao would remind me I just got confused on what to do.

Now I do feel better now that I told her everything. Well almost everything I need to tell her about Kai. So she at least knows something might happen in case my manager comes by. I know when she wakes up she will want some answers and I will be ready to answer them. Eliza moved a bit moving closer to my body breaking my train of thought for a while. I saw her smiling.

I had only seen that smile a few times. I knew she somehow liked the sound of my heartbeat. I can see it on her face. One of many reasons why I love her she isn’t afraid to love something. I pulled her closer to me and kissed her forehead.

“I love you…” I said in a soft whisper. I saw her left arm on her stomach as she tried to sooth the pain away and her other arm was hidden somewhere. I smiled and just looked at her for a while. I slowly noticed that my eyelids were closing. I tried to stay up a bit but my eyelids won the battle. My mind finally relaxed and drifted off into a slumber.

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

I heard the sound of my phone going off. I don’t even remember turning it back on. It must have been when I was in the car with Kris one our way back. I tried to move to get it but something was around my waist holding me tightly. I tried to move again and that something was Kris’s arms around me. I gave myself a smile and let myself relax under his grip. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Kris’s arm. I heard my phone going off again and I needed to get it.

“Kris…” I said softly.

“Hm?” I heard from him.

“Can you get my phone?” I said closing my eyes. “It’s in my bag.”

Kris let out a sigh and pulled me closer into his chest from behind. I guess after taking a nap I moved to my side and Kris moved to his side as well. I felt Kris move closer to me breathing on my ear and to my cheek. “You owe me.”

He kissed my cheek and got up from the bed. I tried my best to hold in my laughter. I suppose we were both comfortable that we didn’t want to get up. I felt a bit lonely after he let go of my waist. I noticed that I was also under the covers. ‘When did that happen?’ I thought. I sighed as I opened my eyes as I saw Kris coming back on the bed handing me my phone.

 “Christi has been calling you.” He said as he wrapped his arm back around my waist pulling me from behind.

He was right. Christi had been calling me. I quickly dialed her and waited for her to pick up. After the fourth ring she answered me.

“Hey where are you?” she asked me.

“I’m home, why?” I asked back.

“Well class is canceled again.” She said sighing.

I had a smile on my face. I suppose at times Mother Nature has its ways of surprising me. “Really? Interesting.”

“How?” I heard her laugh over the phone.

“Mother nature.” I looked over to Kris who had his eyes on me. He kissed my cheek a few times and I closed my eyes as he did so. I opened them as he held me close to him. “I’ll talk to you later. Thanks for the call.”

“No problem. Is everything ok between you and Kris?” she asked out of blue. I looked away from Kris and back at him. He gave me a worried expression. It seemed as if he heard her.

“Yeah, we are fine. Why?” I waited for her reply.

“Just wondering. He seemed upset earlier. I got to go now. Later.” She hung up the phone before I could even say bye. I moved my phone to my side and left it there.

“Are we ok?” I asked quietly. I looked at Kris and he used his arm that was holding my waist to my face. He my cheek with his thumb and he nodded his head.

“Of course.” He said.

“But…” I said looking at him serious.

Kris sighed and looked away for a minute and back at me. “But, there is one more thing I need to tell you.”

I pressed my lips together and waited for his reply. I took my chance to move up and kiss his cheek catching him by surprised.  I gave a small smile and soon it faded.

“Don’t worry, I’m not leaving you.” He said with a smile on his face. He leaned his forehead against mine and our lips were only an inch away. “I wouldn’t do that.”

I nodded my head and smiled at him.

“Come here.” Kris sat up and pulled me along with him. I sat in front of him and he moved a strand of hair from my face. “I’m not the only one who has a girlfriend.”

I widen my eyes and opened my mouth. Kris gave a small smirk and closed my mouth. I wanted to say something but nothing came out. He wasn’t the only one with a girlfriend? Who else had one then?

“The day we were in the cafeteria. I got a call from my manager. He was asking all kinds of questions. It worried me so I called Tao.” He looked away from me and stopped.

“That was the day; I asked if it is ok for us to be together right?” I asked. I cupped his face in my hand for him to look at me.

Kris nodded his head. “Yeah, that same day Tao told me Kai has a girlfriend.”

I dropped my hands from his face and froze. “What happened?”

Kris grabbed my hands in his. “All I know is that our manager went to see if it was true. I also know that Kai will get some punishment for not breaking up with her.”

I closed my eyes and sighed. Kris pulled me into his chest. He kissed the top of my head a few times. I moved back to look at him. “So will that happen to us?”

Kris looked at me and didn’t say anything for a minute. “I’m not sure. But if my manager does come we just need to be prepared.”

I nodded my head and wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt him hold me closely to his chest tightly. “Can you promise me something?”

“What is it?” he said pulling me back for a moment to look at me.

“Don’t let me go.” I said looking at him. I don’t want to lose him. I don’t want to give Kris up for anything. I don’t want anyone else to separate us. I want us to be together now. I suddenly thought maybe this is fast but who wouldn’t want to protect the one person they love. If Kris meant his words today then so do I. I don’t want him to let me go.

“Promise.”

- - - - 

*Kris’s P.O.V*

Don’t let me go

That night I couldn’t sleep. Everything that Eliza and I talked about kept going through my head. I sat up in bed leaning against the wall. I had my phone charging. I wanted to call someone but I rather keep my thoughts to myself. I sighed as I tried to relax. Nothing was working. I decided to go out for a walk.

I grabbed my sweater

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter