Chapter 27

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Kris’s P.O.V*

When Eliza and I got back to her place she got off the car without even waiting for it to be turned off. She went straight to her door unlocked the door and went inside. She didn’t even wait for me. That was understandable. I waited a bit before I got down. I was thinking about the argument about Eliza and her sister Marie earlier.

I wasn’t eavesdropping or anything I just happen to leave the restroom at the wrong time. I heard Eliza yell and I panicked. I had opened the door and I saw her being attacked by her sister’s hurtful words. I waited for the right time to come out and when I did Marie just stared at me as if she saw a ghost. I saw Eliza and I knew she had enough of her.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

I saw the tears in her eyes. I wanted to make my way towards her and hold her for comfort. But when I wanted too she was making her way out the door. When she left I looked at her sister and she looked at the ground.

“Who are you?” she said to me.

“Why do you care?” I replied back coldly.

“Is she happy with you?” she asked me.

I looked away for a moment and looked back at her. She was now looking at me. I didn’t know what to tell her. I have seen Eliza happy. I have seen her happy to point where I leave at night she has this lonely feeling inside her. I would know since I feel it every time I leave her. I nodded my head to Marie and she had a few tears fall from her face.

“I don’t feel sorry for you.” I said to her. She looked at me in shocked. “Now you see the pain you give her and don’t seem to care.” 

I walked towards the door and looked at her one last time. She closed her eyes and let more tears fall down. She knew what I meant and the pain she was giving Eliza. I never want to see Eliza in tears again. It hurts me. I like to see her smiling bright and being happy and that’s what I plan on doing.

“Your sister,” I said to her. “I plan to make her happy always.”

       ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I looked at the keys and got out of the car. I got out the box and made my way into Eliza’s apartment. I noticed that she left the front door slightly open. She must have thought I would be right behind her. I sighed as I went in and shut the door. I placed the box on the table and went to Eliza’s room.

I found her under the covers. I took off my shoes and crawled on the bed. Eliza didn’t move. I got the covers and placed them on top of me. I s my arm around Eliza’s waist and pulled her into my chest. I kissed the back of head near her ear. She didn’t move then. I slightly heard her sniffle. I didn’t like seeing Eliza this way. It bothered me too much.

I pulled her closer to me and she let me. I saw a few tears come out of her eyes. She wasn’t asleep. She was just lying in bed waiting for me to be next to her. I shushed her to keep her calm. She then moved her body facing me and wrapped her arms around my waist. I did the same and held her tightly. She was still crying. I her hair a few times and kissed the top of her head.

Slowly Eliza had fallen asleep in my arms. I kept her hair and kissing her forehead. I kept her close to me not letting go but Eliza seemed to want to change positions. She turned around with her back facing me like before. I smiled and pulled her into me. She is calm now. It made me feel happy inside me.

“Kris…” she said softly. “I love you.”

Hearing those words from her made my heart feel happy. I’m glad I told her ‘I love you’ when I did. I feared maybe if I didn’t I might have lost her. I don’t want that to happen. I do plan on making her happy always and just having her in my life.

“I love you Angel…” I said softly back to her.

I don’t know how long I was asleep but I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and I didn’t want to get it. I was hoping it would stop. I was in a comfortable place. I had Eliza in my arms and we were both asleep peacefully. But my phone wouldn’t stop vibrating. I moved my arm that was around Eliza and took out my phone. I checked the ID and it was Tao. I placed my phone on my ear and put my arm back around Eliza’s waist.

“Ge!” said Tao cheerfully.

“Hm?” I said with my eyes closed.

“What are you doing?” he asked me.

“Why?” I asked back answering his question with a question.

“Are you with Eliza?” he asked.

“Yeah, we are sleeping.” I told him. Then I realized what I just said.

“WHAT!” he shouted in my ear. I flinched and sat up trying to sooth my ear that he just shouted in. I put him on speaker hoping that it’s not a bad idea. I didn’t want to wake up Eliza but putting Tao speaker was my only choice right now.

“Yah, it’s not what you think ok?” I told him. I felt Eliza move a bit. I bent down and kissed her cheek.

“Ge! I need to tell you something important.” He said to me.

I looked at Eliza and she seemed as if she was in pain somewhere. I picked up the covers and checked if anything was wrong. I didn’t find much but all I did think of was her having a bad dream.

“Hello! GE!!” Tao shouted again over the phone.

I grabbed it and shushed him. “Eliza is asleep right next to me and you shouting will wake her up.”

I looked over to her again and she seemed relaxed but I wasn’t so sure. I lied down and took Tao off speaker.

“What did you need to tell me?” I asked him.

“Oh that,” he said. “I wanted to tell you that I miss you~”

I rolled my eyes and chuckled a bit. “I miss you too, but seriously what did you want to tell me?”

“Wow! You’re no fun!” he said as he whined a bit. “Anyways, from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter