Chapter 14

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

I finally reached my destination. The park. It took longer than I expected but it didn’t matter. I looked around and I was indeed alone. Just as I wanted, I wanted to be alone for a while. I wanted to be away from anything that reminded me of my life. The park was one of the many reasons why I loved it. It doesn’t remind me of my life. I loved coming to the park because I feel as if it’s a place I can just relax and not worry about anything. It’s my own escape from the real world for a while.

I took a step towards the trail and I stared to walk. Shortly after one lap I started to tremble. Now I really wish I brought a warmer sweater but of course I wasn’t thinking. I was too upset at my so called mother to even think about it. I sighed as I recalled what happened earlier. My mother and my sister, they are the best friends they can ever have with each other.

My mother has never been my favorite person since my sister is her favorite. My mother never really paid much attention to me. Whenever I had a race they never came. But when my sister had a volleyball game my mother was always there. One year in school my sister and I were both in track. My sister did the 400 and I the 800. My mother would give everything my sister needed. Whenever I needed something my mother would just give me money to get it myself or my father…

I stopped in the tracks for a moment. ‘Father’ I thought. I can never bring myself to say that out loud anymore. Ever since the accident I just couldn’t. I continued to walk as the memories started to slowly come back to me. My father and I were the best friends. I loved him every much until he… I stopped thinking about it. I couldn’t think about that right now. I felt a few rain drops fall on me. I looked up and saw a few more rain drops hit my face. I sighed and kept walking.  After a few minutes I picked up my pace.

I slowly started to jog. I know I shouldn’t but I just put everything aside and went for it. I kept my pace nice and easy. Just as the rain continued to fall I continued to jog. As soon as the rain pick up so did I. It wasn’t drizzling anymore; it started to be normal rain falling down. Not to slow and not too fast. Everything seemed to be going well. I felt parts of myself happy for a moment. I continued for a good ten minutes. I started to breath heavy now and I tried my best not to pass out of breath.

I chuckled at the thought and before I knew it I started running harder and faster. The rain really started to down pour and I kept going hard and strong. I stopped counting my laps I was doing after my fourth and just let my body take over. I couldn’t see much since it really was down pouring. It was getting hard to breath but I still kept going. Nothing was going to stop me at running for a while. I thought to soon shortly after. A sharp pain went through my ankle. I felt it hurt as if a dog bit me. I didn’t stop though. I kept on running.

I kept going as if I was doing my own race. My body kept pushing itself to keep going and not stopping. I ignored the pain for a few moments and it came back but sharper as if something just stabbed me. I lost my balance as I used my left ankle to take a step and fell on the loose gravel trail. I screamed in pain for a moment. No one was around to help me get up. I was alone at a park and it was raining cats and dogs.

I couldn’t move for a moment. The pain was unbearable. I didn’t want to even try the least. I laid on the trail for five minutes until I slowly moved myself up and I saw a small spot on the trail. I touched my cheek and I felt something that wasn’t water. I looked at it and the rain was washing the blood way. I sighed and ignore my cheek. I slowly stood up and tried to look around to see what I could use for cover.

Nothing appeared to be good. All I saw was trees and just a small playground. The playground wasn’t as far as I thought when I looked at it again. I limped my way over to it. I bit my bottom lip every time I felt pain go through me when I took a step. I would stop limping and I just wanted to stay on the floor but I fought it until I got to the playground. I took another deep breath and did something I never thought I would do.

I placed my left foot down on the ground and sprinted to the playground. I found a slide that had cover. It was those slides that is a tube and open at the bottom. I threw myself inside the slide and let out a cry. I hit the bottom of the slide with my hand and tried to get calm myself. I felt the pain get worse than I had imagined. I moved up slowly to take a look at it but I ended up hitting my head on the slide. I rubbed my head and laid back down.

I felt my ankle go numb as the rain was only hitting my ankles and below. I was at least relieved that I wasn’t in the rain anymore. I was indeed drenched in wet clothes. That couldn’t be helped until the rain stopped. Even if the rain did stop I couldn’t walk anywhere. I couldn’t even call anyone since I left my phone in my car. Oh well, that’s the stubbornness of me. I sighed and let my ipod continue to play. It was quiet for a moment and I waited for the next song to play. I was so caught up in my thought I never paid attention to my ipod.

I heard this faint piano part in the beginning and shortly after a sigh. Which didn’t come from me it was the artist. The piano part kept repeating over and over soon the words came out.

“Help, I have done it again

I have been here many times before

Hurt myself again today

And the worst part is there's no one else to blame.”

I realized the artist was Sia. When I found this song I loved it so much. It had been a while since I’ve heard it. The last time I heard it is when I found out I couldn’t run anymore. I listened more to the words. I started to tremble as I was in the slide. Of course I was wet and I knew I had to suffer.

“Ouch, I have lost myself again

Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found

Yeah, I think that I might break

Lost myself again and I feel unsafe.”

Before I knew it I had forgotten how much I really loved this song. I felt as if the Sia was talking about me. But I knew it’s for someone else. The words are just so meaningful it just got to me. I felt a lump in my throat and the next thing I knew I started to cry. I couldn’t stop them. They just kept coming out and the pain on my ankle came back out of the blue. I hit the slide to deal with the pain but all it ended up doing was hurting my hand. I didn’t care about my hand. I kept crying and the song was quiet for a moment. I thought it had ended but the violins and cello’s part along with the piano in song came in and it was my favorite part of the song on how everything mixed together.

I cried out loud letting everything out. I got slapped in the face by my mother. I came to the park and started to run as if I wasn’t hurt anymore. Even though it is stupid I knew that I would pay for it. A few more tears escaped my eyes as the song came to an end. I sniffled a few times and took small short breaths. I didn’t want to move in my place but I just wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter