Chapter 35

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Kris’s P.O.V*

It was unbelievable how the week passed by so quickly. I looked at the calendar in my phone and sighed. The days were going faster and my time with Eliza would be ending. I sighed and closed my eyes. I wanted to keep spending time with her as much as I could. Expect when I needed to wash my clothes. I found that a bit embarrassing. I opened my eyes and looked at my phone.

Finals were coming up soon and I knew after one week I would be getting on a plane heading back to Seoul. I heard the washer stop. I got up and moved the clothes into the drier and put it for thirty minutes. I went back to the sofa and sat down. I wanted to text Eliza to see what she was up too but I didn’t. I put my phone to the side and let my mind wonder.

I started thinking about my past in Canada. I remember when I was on the basketball team and had lots of friends. I still do but I don’t talk to them as much now. I remembered I had dated Addie Matsui. She is half American and half Japanese. She was my friend whom I slowly grew feelings for. We dated for two months but it was never serious. I did like her and she felt the same but we never did a lot in our relationship.

We slowly grew apart or something and we broke up. I saw her at school one day with another guy after our break up. It had only been a week. I was surprised at her action but not really. In middles school she was so innocent and pure. But when we entered high school she became somehow popular. I gave a chuckle and thought of Eliza’s story with that girl Jenny who ditched her.

I sighed and looked at phone. I saw the picture of Eliza and me smiling at the camera. I slowly realized that the feelings I have for Eliza are strong. I never had these feelings for Addie. I love Eliza with all my heart. I then realized that Eliza is my first love. I widen my eyes and as I looked at the picture. I couldn’t believe that my first love is Eliza. I never want to let her go. Eliza holds a special place inside and I won’t let it go ever. I then thought of something.

Before I leave I want to get something for Eliza. I want her to keep something that will remind her of me. I smiled and I had something already in mind. I took out the necklace that I have with her spare key and kissed it. I didn’t want to give this back but I knew I was going to. I widen my eyes and realized I forgot to add the next load in the washer.

I got up from the sofa and put the next load in the washer and waited. I was pretty bored but I started playing a game on my phone to let the time go by faster. As soon as the clothes were done I would fold them and take a few things back to Eliza’s place. One thing I didn’t hope for was that we got attached to each other. I knew that it would be harder to let go now.

I tried to ignore the thought and just enjoy what we have left with each other. I didn’t want to spoil my mood. Eliza had been doing that to herself and now I know the feeling. I didn’t want to start just yet. I needed to keep thinking positive and be thankful for what I have left. I smiled and realized that Thanksgiving was coming soon. I wondered if Eliza celebrates it. I knew I need to ask if she does. That way we could do something together. If not then we will still do something else together.

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

Today I had decided to go to the store. I needed a few things for the fridge. I had run out of juice and some eggs. Since Kris had been stay more often I would cook. But I wasn’t the best cook. I had a few things to do. I saw a family shopping for Thanksgiving items. I had totally forgotten about that holiday. I never really celebrated that day as much. My grandma would just call me over and give me a plate of food.

I knew my mother and sister were around I would leave and eat at home. I snapped out of my thoughts and pushed the cart to crafts. I knew Kris was leaving soon and I wanted to do something special for him. I wanted to take lots of pictures and put it in a scrapbook. I hoped I was doing the right thing on making one. I know it would be hard to look at once he was in Seoul. But I didn’t want those memories to be lost.

I found a nice small album that said memories on it. The color was sky blue with a small frame in the center to put a picture. It had different color of either vines or they were flowers? I wasn’t sure but I liked it. I placed it in the cart and made sure Kris didn’t go anywhere near it. I kept walking around and I saw the part of the store where they fix cars. I suddenly thought of an idea. I took off my key to my apartment and asked the guy if he could make a copy but in sliver. The one Kris had as a necklace I knew he would have to give it back.

I would want him to keep it but I did need it back for Carolyn. She and my grandma were the only ones who had my spare. But Carolyn gave hers’ to Kris they day I got sick thanks to Mother Nature. I waited for ten minutes and the key was done. I smiled and held onto it. I paid the guy and went on my way in the store. I went to the jewelry section and looked for a nice chain for the key.

When I found one I was looking for I smiled and couldn’t wait to give it to Kris. I hoped he would be pleased and like it. I thought maybe doing this is a overboard but I didn’t see it that way. I just wanted to do something nice for Kris before he left. I would miss him a lot but I wanted him to have something. I wanted him to remember me and not just by the pictures.

I kind of felt that he would have to hid them for a reason once he was back in Seoul. But if that would happen then it would be alright. At least I know he is thinking of me and can look at the pictures to look back at something wonderful and not regret it. I finished getting what I needed and went to go pay. I drove myself home and hoped Kris wasn’t back yet.

I didn’t want him to see what I got. Well just the key, the chain and the album. When I got to my apartment I put the album in the closet for now and put the chain on my bed. I put my purse on the bed since the key was inside. I put the things I bought away and went back to the room. I took out the key and took off the paper it was on. I took th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter