Chapter 7

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Eliza’s P.O.V*  

“If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends
Make it last forever, friendship never ends
If you wanna be my lover, you have got to give
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is.”

I sang along with the girls and danced along. At first I was shy at letting myself sing out loud since it had been a while. I used to sing a lot in high school but that had been long ago. Right now I didn’t mind singing and dancing along with the music. This song was something I liked to sing when I was younger and I danced along with the steps. I let my voice take over for the next verse.

“So here's a story from A to Z, you wanna get with me
You gotta listen carefully
We got M in the place who likes it in your face
We got G like MC who likes it on an

Easy V doesn't come for free, she's a real lady
And as for me, hi you'll say
Slam your body down and wind it all around
Slam your body down and wind it all around”

I took a breather after the parts I sang and let the other girls take over. I moved my body from to side to side along with the beat. I didn’t sing the last chorus I wanted to catch my breath and enjoy what was left. I saw the girls sing and dance. They were more into it then I was. It’s ok though I just wanted t help them out. Soon the song almost came to end. Just gotta sing the last parts.

“If you wanna be my lover, you gotta, you gotta
You gotta
You gotta, you gotta, stomp, stomp, stomp, stomp

Slam your body down and wind it all around
Slam your body down and wind it all around
Slam your body down and wind it all around
Slam your body down, zigazig ah

If you wanna be my lover
(Lover, lover, lover, lover)”

Once the song had finished we bowed together while holding hands and handed the microphones back to the guy. I went to get my things when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“Thanks for helping us!” the girl with wavy hair said.

“No problem.” I smiled back at her.

“I’m Sophie and this is my cousin Jasmine.”

I looked at them both and shook their hands. “I’m Eliza. Have you found your Aladdin yet Jasmine?”

Sophie laughed right away at my joke but Jasmine didn’t catch it until a few seconds later. I laughed with Sophie who just shook her head and grabbed her things. “So, we’ll see you around?”

I nodded my head. “Yeah sure.”

They both left and I swung my bag on my shoulder and started to walk towards where I smelled awesome food. I took out my cell to see if I had any messages from anyone just in case. Nothing. I sighed and but my cell in my back pocket. Before I moved my hair out of my face I saw a pair of feet in front of me. I looked up and I saw a guy with my dark blonde hair standing in front of me. He smiled at me and I widened my eyes. ‘Oh. My. God.’ I thought.

I shook my head from embarrassment. I couldn’t believe what just happened. I pointed to the screen where the words were coming out and the guy nodded his head and chuckled. I walked passed him and made my way through the crowd. I needed to hide myself. I can’t believe Kris heard me sing. Not to mention he heard my voice. Not that I have a bad one I just don’t like to sing anymore. I didn’t expect him to show up. I thought he would still be in class.

I grabbed my phone and I checked the time. Kris had gotten out about 20 minutes early. If so where were Christi and Carolyn? The one place I know where they go is the Library. I put my phone away again and got food. I was about to take get French fries when I heard a soft low hey next to my ear. It made my flinch and I turned to see who it was. I see Kris laughing taking a step back. I felt my cheeks flush a bit and went to flick his forehead. But before I could he grabbed my wrist since my other hand was holding my fries.

“Why did you walk away from me?” he asked with my eye brows up.

“Because you saw me sing!” I said back.

“And that’s a bad thing? You sound really good. I never knew you could sing.” He said letting go of my wrist. “Plus the rapping was pretty cool.”

“I was alright. I used to sing in high school but I don’t anymore.” I stuck my tongue out at him and went to get a soda. He followed me until we found a table to sit down. “You’re not going to eat?”

He shook his head at me. “Nah, I’ll just pick off you.” With that he grabbed a few fries and aimed for his mouth.

I laughed and shook my head as I picked up a fry and eat it. I pulled out my phone and placed it on the table. I opened my soda to take a sip of it and closed it. “How was class?”

Kris shrugged his shoulder. “It was alright. Yours?”

“It got canceled so I have been pretty bored until I came downstairs to see what the noise was about.” I got another fry and aimed for my mouth.

“If I buy a burger do you want to split it with me?” he asked.

“Uh sure?” I said with a small confused smile.

Kris got up and went to go get food. Although him asking me if I wanted half of his burger was odd. He has been here for a month and he never really asked before. So why now? I shook off the thought when my phone vibrated. I picked it up and saw a text from Carolyn.

Carolyn:

Where are you?

I whipped the seasoning that was on my fingers from the fries and texted her back.

Me:

In the cafeteria with Kris eating.

A minute later Kris came back with a burger and a plastic knife. I guess he wasn’t kidding when he wanted to share. I saw him take his seat and remove the wrapper to cut the burger. He placed half of the burger to one side and he aimed for his mouth. I grabbed the half burger and took a bite. It tasted good for once. The burgers here at school sometimes didn’t taste good. ‘Maybe this time it was because Kris cut it?’ I thought. I shook my head and grabbed a fry but when I did at the same time so did Kris. Our fingers touch I felt something go through me. I pulled away without looking at him and bit the burger again.

I saw Kris leave his hand on the fry without even moving. I looked up at him and he had his eyes on the fry. I arched on eyebrow and looked at him. I shook my head and flicked his ear. He flinched back to his sense.

“Hey! What was that for?” he said.

I shrugged my shoulders and took a sip of my soda. “Seemed to me you for a moment you were having a relationship with the French fry.”

I saw him chuckle and shake his head. He took the fry that we both had reached out for and he put it in his mouth. I laughed at his way of things and continued eating. I saw Carolyn and Christi make their way towards us. I soon felt some pain my stomach. I waved at them since I had food in my mouth and waited a bit. I felt the pain grow stronger and painful. Soon I felt something very uncomfortable in me.

“Hey, you alright?” asked Kris looking at me.

I looked at him and I saw Christi and Carolyn were making the same faces. I excused myself from the table to go the restroom. I took my purse with my just in case. I went into the last stall and checked myself to see if I was right. Sure enough I was. Mother Nature had made her visit. Another pain went through my stomach again. I held my stomach for a bit to see if it would less painful. I went through my purse and pulled out the best thing ever invented. Pads.

I put it on and made my way out after washing my hands. I walked towards Carolyn and whispered in her ear. “Do you have any painkillers with you?”

I waited for her to do a movement and she looked through her bag and took out a small white bottle. I was standing next to her and Kris made a concern face at me. I bit my bottom lip and shoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter