Chapter 15

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

I woke up with wind hitting my cold clothes and hitting my wet face. I tried to ignore it and I moved my face into Kris’s chest that kept me warm but nothing was working. I opened my eyes slowly and I saw that it was getting a bit dark outside. The wind was blowing and I started to tremble again. I could feel my heart beat rapidly as my blood was pumping in my body as I tried to keep warm. I did notice that it had stopped raining. 

I gave small smile on my face and I saw Kris’s arms still around me. I felt my cheeks burn and I wanted to take a look outside. I didn’t want to leave his arms since he is keeping me warm and I felt very comfortable. I heard him give a sigh. I looked up at him and he had his eyes closed. ‘He must have fallen asleep.’ I thought. I gave a bigger smile on my face as I watched him sleep. He looked beautiful as an ark-angel. That’s what he looked to me in my eyes.

I slowly watched him opened his eyes and he looked down at me. He raised his eyes brows and gave a small smile to me. I did the same to him and pursed my lips together. I wanted to say something but nothing came to my mind everything went blank. I also didn’t want it to be silent between us either. So I made up my mind to say something.

“Can you let me go?” I asked looking away from him.

“Oh ye-yeah sure.” He said unwrapping his arms from me.

I moved out of his grasp and I carefully made my may out of the slide. I looked around and it really did stop raining. I limped carefully towards the swing and carefully sat down. I didn’t care if the seat was wet. I didn’t bother pushing myself to swing. I looked up and the sky was clear blue. I already see the North Star showing. I moved my head towards Kris who was coming out of the slide and he searched for me. Once our eyes met he made his way towards me.

“I’m glad it stopped raining.” He said leaning against the pole to the swing set.

“Yeah me too.” I said softly. “Why did you stay with me?” I couldn’t help to ask the question.

Kris shrugged his shoulders. “I have my reason.”

“Which is?” I asked getting curious. “You should’ve left when I told you. But you chose to stay.”

“I stayed because I needed to. I needed to stay because you were pushing me away when you need someone.”  He said looking at me and bending down in front of me. “I don’t know what happened but…” he trailed off and started again. “I just couldn’t leave you alone.”

I got off the swing and helped him up. Once he was standing. I wrapped my arms around him. A second later he put his arms around me and held my close to his body just like when we were in the slide. “Thank you.”

I heard him chuckle and we pulled apart. My head suddenly started to pound. It was bad enough my ankle is hurting but now my head? I held my head with my hand and I felt Kris’s hand on my shoulders.

“What’s wrong?” he asked with a worried voice.

I waited for a moment and I looked up at him with a smile. “I’m fine.”

He sighed with relief. “Let’s get you home before you get sick.”

I nodded my head and limped carefully. I saw Kris not walking next to me and I turned to look at him. “What?”

“What happened Eliza?” he asked looking at my ankle and then to me.

I bit my bottom lip and looked away for a moment and then the headache returned. I shut my eyes trying to ignore the pain. “I’ll tell you when we get to-“ I couldn’t finish my sentence. I felt my whole body shut down. Soon I was going to meet the ground when I felt someone catch me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Kris holding me close to him.

“Eliza!” he said with a panic voice.

“Kri-is?” I said softly and I passed out.

*Kris’s P.O.V*

Eliza had passed out in my arms and just seeing her like that made me realize I did have feelings for her. I didn’t like seeing her hurt or sick. I cared too much about her. I picked her up in my arms and carried her to my car. I opened the door to the passenger’s side and sat her down carefully. I ran to my side and grabbed my phone. I had 10 missed calls. Four of them were from Christi and six were from my manager. I knew if I didn’t call him back he would know something is wrong.

I texted him instead telling him my phone died and I had taken a nap. I waited for a few minutes and I got a text back from him saying he understood. I sighed and relaxed since he bought it. I never really lie to others unless it’s important. Which right now; Eliza is important to me. I dialed Christi’s’ number and by the third ring she picked up.

“Did you find her!” she said over the phone.

“Yeah, I did. She just fainted. I caught her before she hit the ground. She is also limping. I think she hurt her ankle.” I said looking at her face which soon became pale. ‘It wasn’t pale before.’ I thought. I touched her forehead and it was burning up. I heard Christi sigh with relief and about to say something but I cut her off. “Meet me at her place. I need some help with something.”

With that I hung up my phone and buckled Eliza up and myself. I the heater for us both as soon as I the car so it can get heated faster. I drove off to her apartment. I would steal glances to check on Eliza. She hadn’t moved from her place. Seeing her like this really got me uneasy. As soon as I parked next to her car I saw Christi outside her apartment and she wasn’t alone. I saw a girl with straight brown hair standing next to her.

I turned off the car and got out. I made my way to Eliza and got her out carefully. I walked up to Christi and the girl I’ve never seen before. I smiled at her and she smiled back but looked towards Eliza. She had some facial features as Eliza but her skin was a bit tan. I looked at Christi and she went through Eliza’s pockets looking for the key to open the door. I didn’t tell her about the necklace. I walked in first as soon at the door opened. I was going to go to her room and lay her down on her bed but I had a better idea. I placed her in the tub of her restroom and walked out to Christi and the girl.

“Oh I’m sorry Kris this is Ella. Eliza’s cousin, she is also a nurse. I called her because she also heard something that happened earlier.” Said Christi.

I held out my hand and she shook it. “Nice to meet you.”

“Same. Wu Fan.” Ella said smiling at me.

I widen my eyes to Christi and she raised her hands in defense. “I didn’t tell her. She listens to the same music as us.”

I nodded my head and looked over to Eliza’s pale face. “She needs to be changed into warm clothes and I can’t do that since I am a guy.”

Ella smiled and walked passed me and went into Eliza’s room to get some fresh new cloths for her. I saw her smile and shut the door to the restroom.

“Did you find her at the park?” asked Christi.

I nodded my head. “How did you know she would be there?”

“Eliza will have to tell you that herself.” She said without hesitating. “Did she tell you to leave her alone?”

I nodded my head again and narrowed my eyebrows. “How did you know?”

Christi gave a small smile. “Eliza doesn’t like others seeing her we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter