Chapter 5

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Kris’s P.O.V*

 After Eliza had bumped into me for some reason whatever she was thinking about was bugging me. Sure, if she didn’t want to tell me its fine. Sure it’s not my business but seeing her expression being interrupted from a deep thought is a pain. I remember when Tao used to do that to me when we got breaks from dance practice. Then I would forget what I was thinking about. But this is different.

‘Why are Eliza’s facial expression and her not telling me anything bothering me?’ I thought. After Eliza said no to me I let it go. I didn’t want to ask her anything. Truthfully, I did want to know. I know I’m not that close with her but it’s always best to speak out than keeping it in. Then again I never talk about things with anyone unless it’s with Tao. I sighed and shook my head as I followed Eliza from a far distance. She said she wanted to be alone. But somewhere inside me I just couldn’t help myself just to see what would happen. I was going to take a turn when I saw her sitting down on the wall.

I slowly moved back so she wouldn’t see me watching her. I already feel weird that I followed her instead of letting her be. I saw her looking up for a moment then she looked down at her notebook. I squinted my eyes to see what she could be doing. I noticed that she was drawing. I wanted to get a closer look at least just to be near her. But some part of me told me not too. I sighed trying to think of what to do. I moved away from the building and decided not to bother her. I started to walk away when I stopped in my tracks. I bit my bottom lip. ‘It’s not possible.’ I thought to myself. I snapped out of that thought and continued walking to the hangout where I was in the morning and just wait for her there.

I felt my phone vibrate and I checked the caller I.D. Tao was calling in. I answered him and we talked for about an hour and a half. We talked about how is classes were going. How he likes it over there or doesn’t like it. Just a quick check up to see how things are. He had mentioned a lot of cute girls over there. He then asked me if I had my eye on a girl. I told him no but for some reason he didn’t believe me. I shrugged off the topic after it was time for us to hang up. When we said our goodbyes’ another call came in. This time it was Lay.

I answered the call and we talked a bit longer than with Tao. We tried doing a 3-way call with Kai but he didn’t answer. I assume he was still asleep or studying. Lay had told me he liked where he was and it was busy everyday for him. He also said that some of the others plan on meeting up on a certain day if our manager allows them. He wanted me to join as well but I told him no. It’s not that I didn’t want to go. I do but at the same time I wanted to stay and explore more.

After my talk with Lay, I reached upstairs and saw Carolyn and Christi. I took my seat from this morning and greeted them. They had asked me if I knew where Eliza was. I told them that we bumped into each other and she had something on her mind but didn’t want to talk about it. I told them that Eliza wanted to be left alone for a while. I saw Carolyn and Christi exchange looks and just nod their head. It was obvious that they knew Eliza better than me but I still wanted to know what was wrong. I grabbed my phone and decided to text her. I couldn’t resist anymore. For some reason I wanted to find out.

Me:

Hey is everything ok?

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

I concentrated on the drawing of an old house abandoned with dark shadows roaming around when I felt my phone vibrate. I ignored it for a moment but then I checked who it was from. Kris. ‘Why is he texting me?’ I thought. I didn’t bother looking at the message. I went back on focusing on my drawing but of course curiosity kept killing me to see what he wanted. I put my pencil down and looked at the text he sent me.

Kris:

Hey is everything ok?

I stared at the text for a moment then locked my phone. ‘Why is he asking me that? Why?’ I thought. I sighed about to pick up my pencil when I got my phone instead and decided to text him back.

Me:

Yeah, everything is ok…

I tapped the send button and locked my phone. ‘Maybe I should tell him. Maybe I should tell him everything is not ok right now.’ I thought. Then again it is Jake’s fault for making me frustrated in the first place. I wanted to pull on my hair for a bit and scream but that would do no good. Besides people were passing by and they would think I’m going insane. As soon as I closed my eyes my phone vibrated again. It was another text from Kris. I sighed and opened it.

Kris:

If something is bugging you. You can tell me. I don’t mind listening to what is on your mind.

I widened my eyes at his reply. “Is he serious?” I mumbled to myself. I shook my head in disbelief. I hate it when someone tries to come into my life and wanting to hear what is on your mind. Then later stab you in the back. But Kris isn’t just someone. Kris is someone from another world. He lives in a world with cool music. I sighed at the thought but then again he had to work hard to get to where he is now. Doing reading online EXO members trained for about 5-7 years before the debut. Just thinking about how Kris tried out and passed is amazing. But leaving his hometown must be sad to leave his family and friends behind.

I closed my sketchbook and put it in my bag. I pulled out my ipod and opened up my phone to text him back. I stared at the text before I replied back. I know what I thought just now has nothing to do with what got me frustrated. It’s just the fact that opening up to someone is hard. I never really had it easy and to those I trusted with things ended up hurting me. Expect Carolyn and Christi, I never really told them things that bothered me. I just don’t like telling people what is on my mind. I rather just kept it to myself or draw to keep myself cool.

I put my ipod on shuffle when I noticed I wasn’t listening to anything. I was so focused on my thought I didn’t bother playing music. Way to go me. I heard the song “Beautiful Stanger” by f(x) playing. I started to lip sing along with Amber’s rapping. I looked at the text again and replied back.

Me:

Thanks for the offer. But I don’t know if I should tell you though.. *sigh*

I hit the send button and waited for a moment. I kept singing along with Krystal now as the song kept going. I tapped my thumb along with the beat of the song until I felt a vibrate. I looked down and saw that Kris replied back.

Kris:

Well, don’t tell me unless you want too. I know we just met and all but it’s better to let things out then keep it in. I’ve learned the hard way. It’s up to you. But I would like to know what is on your mind. What is bothering you…?

“Seems as if he really wants to know” I sighed and looked up at the sky. I closed my eye as I listened to my favorite part of the song. I felt strong wind hit me and I opened my eyes as the song slowly finished.

Me:

Let’s just say a guy in my class needs to be punched in the face!      

I gave myself a smile after I sent that text to Kris.

Kris:

This sounds interesting. Tell me more, if you want to of course.

My smile on my face grew bigger after I got his text. I couldn’t tell why but when I got his text I suddenly felt a bit better.

Me:

He just got on my nerves as always making fun of me becuz I listen to kpop. I see nothing wrong with listening to different kind of music. I can understand people don’t understand what artists say but we can learn to look pass that. I know I have. At times I can tell when a song as emotions in it and when I look up the English translations most of the time I am right.

I waited a minute and made another text to him before he responded back to me.

Me:

Now that I have told you what is on my mind I feel as if this is a stupid and silly matter. Now I feel embarrassed… >.<

The only thing I didn’t want to tell Kris was that during class I was thinking about him when he rubbed my forehead and smiled at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter