Chapter 18

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Kris’s P.O.V*

During class I couldn’t stop my heart from beating so fast. I could feel it pumping inside my ribcage just waiting to explode any moment. When I accidently brushed my nose against Eliza I almost could have kissed her cheek. I sat in front of her since I didn’t really have the confident to be next to her. I tried to listen what the teacher was talking about but I couldn’t focus.

When I cupped Eliza’s face in my hand after she told me about her mom I couldn’t help but just look at her. I looked into her eyes and I could see that she is alone and needs someone to be there for her. I couldn’t seem to let go of her face when I held it. I felt as if I couldn’t restrain myself. If it weren’t for Carolyn to interrupt I probably would have kissed her. Just thinking about that moment it seemed so perfect to me.

I sighed in my seat. I wanted to turn around and look at Eliza but I got this feeling she is a bit embarrassed for what happened earlier. I gave myself a smirk and shook my head lightly. I was going to start doodling again but I felt my phone vibrate. It was probably Tao checking in. When I took it out to be sure, to my surprise it wasn’t Tao. It was Carolyn. I looked at her text and widen my eyes to what she put.

Carolyn:

 How do you feel since you almost got a chance to kiss Eliza? ;)

I cleared my throat and felt my cheeks burn a bit. I pursed my lips together and again felt my heart racing fast. I wanted to text her back but I didn’t know what to say. I put my phone to the side and ignore it. A few moments later it vibrated and I ignored it. It vibrated again and again. I rolled my eyes and finally grabbed it to see what she sent this time.

Carolyn:

It is so obvious now that you have feelings for her!

Are you going to tell her soon? :D

I’m sure when you kiss her you will be in heaven! ;) lol

I widen my eyes at the last text. I couldn’t believe what she just told me. I put my phone from the side and I heard her laughing behind me. I want to tell her to be quiet but I didn’t want Eliza to get involved with it. I sighed as I tried not to think about it. But frankly that wasn’t working. I couldn’t stop picturing Eliza’s face in my hand and looking into each other’s eyes.

I felt my heart starting to relax but at the same time it wasn’t. I knew then that I had to tell her today. Maybe after our classes would be alright when we are at her apartment I can tell her then. I grabbed my phone and I texted Tao.

Me:

I’m going to tell her today. Wish me luck! ^^’

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

The day really dragged. I didn’t pay much attention in my first class. I was too busy being distracted by Kris for this morning. I kept trying not to think about it but it didn’t work. I did take notes and I can look at them later. During math class we had a small quiz after the teacher taught the lesson. When I was done with the quiz I grabbed my things and I waited outside for Kris.

I started to think about how I will be able to tell him my feelings. I should be calm and tell him straight out. I shouldn’t think too much into it. I know if I do I will panic and it will be a mess. The one thing that is bugging me is that he won’t feel the same way. I sighed as I looked at my shoes and bit my bottom lip. ‘If he doesn’t feel the same… at least I got the weight off my shoulders.’ I thought.

I heard the door open and I moved my head up to check if it was Kris and it was. He walked towards me and smiled. “Well we are done for the day.”

I nodded my head. “Yeah, we are.” For some reason it felt a bit awkward. That has never really happened before. We stayed in the same spot for a while until I was going to say something but Kris beat me to it.

“You alright?” he asked giving me a worried look.

I nodded my head and smiled at him. “Of course. Let’s go back to my place.” I walked ahead of him and shut my eyes. I made that sound wrong. I sighed and I felt Kris next to me. We took the back stairs of the building and I took my time. I could tell Kris didn’t want to leave me behind. He made sure he was still next to me in case anything happened.

We reached the parking lot and Kris went to open the door for me. I got in without saying anything. I sighed inside before he got inside. I could feel my heart beating again. I knew today is going to be very hard but I need to say it today. Kris started the engine and he drove off to my place. Once we got there, I grabbed my key and went inside. I went to the sofa and just sat there. Kris sat next to me and looked at me worried.

“Does it hurt?” he said.

I nodded me head and looked at him. “But its ok, it will go away soon.”

He got up to go get an icepack from the freezer and made his way back to me. He picked up my leg and put it on his lap. I rested my head on the sofa as he iced my ankle for a while. I looked at Kris’s face he seemed so calm and relaxed. He moved his head and met my eyes. Our eyes locked for a moment and we stayed silent. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing. I closed my jaw and looked away. I shut my eyes and let out a sigh. I felt Kris move from his seat and place a blanket over me.

It felt nice having him around me. I really didn’t want to tell him how I felt but I knew it’s better to get it over with. I got a bit more comfortable on the sofa and Kris was next to me still icing my ankle. I let out another sigh and soon drifted into a slumber.

I didn’t know how long I had slept but I woke up with a faint light in my living room. I saw the TV on. I looked over to Kris and he had his eyes glued to the TV watching the news. I stretched my arms out and Kris noticed my movements. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I noticed that he wasn’t icing my ankle anymore. ‘He must have stopped after a while.’ I thought. I took the blanket off me and needed to go to the restroom. I got up on my feet and Kris got up as well. I shook my head at him and lightly pushed him back down. “I’m just going to the restroom.”

Kris nodded his head and stayed sitting. I shut the door and noticed my hair a bit sticking up on the side. I chuckled and fixed it. I did my business and washed my hands. I made my way out to the kitchen and noticed the time on the stove. It was already dinner time. ‘Looks like we will skip that.’ I thought. I went over to Kris and sat down looking at him with a smile.

“What?” he asked confused.

“Want to go get ice cream?” I asked and he looked at me still confused. “My treat. Besides I owe you for helping me.” I got up from my sofa and went to the door. I heard Kris calling after me and I went to his car before he even opened the door for me. I waited until he came out and unlocked the door. I made my way inside and buckled up. Kris the car and I told him where to go for ice cream.

I could feel my heart beating fast. I knew what I had to do. I’m not going to give it much thought. I’m just going to tell him straight out and get it over and done with. I will tell him once we are done eating. I want to show him the water fountain that’s nearby and tell him then. I nodded my head to myself and felt ready enough. When K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter