Chapter 41

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I slowly opened my eyes and noticed it was dark in the room. I wanted to sit but I knew Kris’s arm was wrapped around my waist. I turned my head over and he was still asleep. I wanted to know what the time was. I searched for my phone and then I realized it was in the car. I sighed and slowly got up. I moved Kris’s arm to the side and got up.

I went into the kitchen and looked at the time on the stove. It was about seven at night. I couldn’t believe we slept for four hours. We skipped dinner; then again I wasn’t hungry for anything. I did want something sweet though. I went to get Kris’s keys to his car and opened the door. I wanted to get my phone and his. Not to mention the camera was in my bag.

I thought of one last place I wanted to go before Kris left. I opened the car and got the three items. I locked the car and went back inside. I saw Kris coming out from my room with a small smile on his face. His eyes were still half closed. I smiled at him and went towards him.

“What are you doing out of bed?” I asked wrapping my arms around his waist.

“I should ask you that.” He said kissing my forehead. “One moment you are in my arms and then you are gone.”

I laughed and moved back a bit. I gave him his phone and I showed him mine. “I wanted to check the time but it turned out our phones were in the car.”

Kris took his phone from my hand and checked his messages. He made a few calls and I just shook my head. I went to the bathroom since I needed to pee. I heard Kris talking to someone in Korean. I assumed it was his manager. He was probably making sure if Kris was getting ready to leave.

I washed my hands after peeing and fixed my hair a bit. I pinched my cheeks to wake up and opened the door. I saw Kris sitting on the edge of the bed a bit annoyed. I went to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. “Everything alright?”

He looked at me and sighed. He smiled and pulled me towards him. “Nothing to worry about Angel.”

I made a face. “Liar. What’s wrong?”

Kris sighed and looked away from me. “My manager just told me that I leave the day after tomorrow when finals are over.”

I widen my eyes and took at step back. Kris looked up at me and stood on his feet. He knew I didn’t like what I just heard. He stretched out his arms to me and pulled me into him. I didn’t want to cry right now. I was just in shock. I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t know how to react. I guess I should have seen this coming.

“The company knows.” I whispered softly.

Kris pulled back a bit and looked at me. “What?”

“The company knows about our relationship. It makes sense if your flight is so soon Kris.” I said trying to take a step back but Kris didn’t let that happen.

“I’m sorry Angel…” he said and kissed my forehead.

I didn’t want to ruin this night. I really wanted to go somewhere with Kris. I looked up him and gave a small smile. “I want to go somewhere and get something sweet.”

Kris gave me a gentle smile and nodded his head. We walked out of the apartment and went to his car. I got inside and buckled up. Kris had already pulled out of the area and asked me where I wanted to go. I told him where we got the ice cream first time. He didn’t remember very well so I told him where to go. I felt him grab my hand with his.

I smiled as I got our hands and interlaced them together. I kept smiling and looked out the window. It was already dark outside. I saw cars pass by and before I knew it we were in front of the ice cream place. I got out of the car and went to Kris’s side. He put his arm on top of my shoulders and pulled me close. I thought it was funny how he acted with me. Even though he is my boyfriend I found it funny how he is keeping me close. Protective boyfriend I should say. Possibly jealous too?

I smiled as I told the worker what I wanted to eat and Kris got the same as me. We got our ice cream in cones and we walked out holding hands. I smiled as I ate my chocolate ice cream. I looked at Kris and he was his away. He caught me looking at him and smirked.

“What?” he asked me.

I shook my head. “Nothing.”

“Then why are you looking at me?” he said taking a bite of his ice cream.

“I can’t stare at my handsome boyfriend?” I said getting in front of him to make him stop walking.

He shrugged his shoulders. “You want something.”

I smiled and nodded my head. I moved slowly towards him to give him a kiss. He shut his eyes waiting for our lips to touch. Instead I got my ice cream and put it on his lips. Kris opened his eyes and smiled. He his lips and got his cone and put ice cream on my nose.

We laughed as we enjoyed our company together. We kept walking for a bit until we reached the fountain. I wasn’t sure if Kris remembered this place or not. It has been a while since we have been here. We finished eating our ice creams and we were sitting on the steps just like that one night. The night I confessed to Kris about my feelings for him.

That was the happiest night of my life. I loved that day. Kris and I had our first kiss. We had our first hand holding and it was amazing. I never forgot how we kissed and how I felt fireworks inside my stomach.

“What are you thinking about Angel?” asked Kris breaking my thoughts.

I smiled and placed his arm on my shoulders to pull me to into his chest. “Do you remember this place?”

Kris looked at me for a moment and then looked around. “This is where we confessed to each other.”

I nodded my head. “You remember?”

“Of course Angel.” He said kissing my forehead. “I remember I kissed you over there.” He pointed to the spot where we had our first kiss.

I smiled and moved his head down to press my lips against his. “That was the best day ever.”

Kris smiled and ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter