Chapter 51

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days I had been calling Eliza but she wouldn’t pick up. It would ring about five times or sometimes it just went straight to voicemail. I knew she was dodging my calls. I messaged Carolyn the other day to see how she was doing and to know if everything with Eliza was alright but I got nothing. I sighed as I looked out the window of the van.

I was sitting on the passenger’s side while Seung Hwan Hyung was driving. Today for once I didn’t have to see the other manager. She had been with EXO-K lately. Thank god for that. I didn’t like having her around. I felt as if I was her prey all the time waiting to get eaten. I felt my phone vibrate hoping it was Eliza and it was only Tao sending me a sorry.

I had spoken to him about what he says around the company and people have ears and can spread new fast. I wasn’t mad but I wanted to try and protect this secret of mine. When we reached the dorm everyone got out expect me. Seung Hwan Hyung had mentioned early that CEO of SM wanted to speak to me.

I watched everyone go inside the dorm and Seung Hwan Hyung drove off. I didn’t have a clue why the CEO wanted to see me. I didn’t talk much on the way there. Seung Hwan Hyung put the music on so it would be quiet in the van. I kept looking out the window watching the cars pass by and people walking along the sidewalks.

I really wondered what Eliza was doing. It had been a while since we really got to talk. The other day when she wanted to break it off still bothered me. I wanted to know what happened and since I have been calling her to talk she doesn’t pick up. Maybe she is busy with school work and such.

It’s amazing how time flies by. It just felt as if I had left her standing at the airport and came back to Seoul. Now it’s towards the end of April and I assume she would be taking her finals soon. I shut my eyes for a moment but the van stopped. I opened them and we were in front of the company. I sighed just looking at it and got down slowly.

There were fans outside handing out gifts and I walked by. I don’t usually do that. I usually accept one or two but as of right now I couldn’t. I couldn’t think about anyone but the CEO and Eliza. Seung Hwan Hyung and I went towards the elevator and he pressed the top floor.          

“Do you know why he wants to see me?” I asked Seung Hwan Hyung finally.

“You’ll find out soon.” Seung Hwan Hyung replied back.

I figured he wouldn’t tell me anything. But for some reason I had a bad feeling about what was going to happen. I felt this pit in my stomach the moment we arrived I was just trying to avoid it. When the elevator doors opened Seung Hwan Hyung walked out and I followed behind him.

All the staff that was around was gossiping about something once they saw me. Which I had no idea why? Did I get in trouble or something? I looked straight ahead and entered the office of the CEO of SM. He lifted his head from some papers and then smiled at me. I bowed respectfully and Seung Hwan Hyung did the same. Expect after a few minutes he left me alone with CEO of SM.

I was standing in the office looking at CEO of SM. He interlaced his fingers on his desk and smiled at me. “How are you these days Kris?”

I put my hands in my pocket and nodded. “I’m fine.”

“Just ‘fine’?” said CEO of SM.

I nodded my head again. “Why did you want to see me?”

He laughed and got up from his desk. “I’ve been hearing gossip around the company that you aren’t doing fine.”

“Excuse me?” I said curious.

CEO of SM turned around and placed his hand behind him. “Are you having communication with your… girlfriend?”

I widen my eyes when he said that. I felt my heart beating rapidly inside my chest. I gulped and tried to think of something fast to prove I wasn’t. But for once I was lost for words I didn’t know what to say.

CEO of SM smiled. “I’ll take that as a ‘yes’.” He cleared his throat and sat down in one of his chairs in the middle of the room. “How long has that been going on?”

I looked at him not knowing whether to answer him or not.

“Answer me!” he said raising his voice.

“A few months.” I said softly.

He smirked and nodded his head. “I have a proposition for you.” He moved his arm out for me to take a seat near him.

“What kind of a proposition?” I asked before I took a seat.

“I would like to meet the girl that has been causing you to be distracted.” He said smiling at me.

Distracted? How did he – I looked at him with a slight glare. I knew he would have someone watch me. This was the reason why I didn’t want to make much communication with Eliza. “Why do you want to meet her? To give her money and send her away to where I can’t find her?”

He clapped his hands together and started to laugh. “I like your way of thinking.”

“I won’t do what you want when it comes to her.” I said taking my hands out of my pocket and curled my hands into fits.

“Stop it!” he yelled this time making me flinch. “You haven’t heard my proposition yet and you’re jumping to conclusions.”

I took in a deep breath to control myself and took a step towards him to sit down. “What is your proposition then?”

He cleared his throat and smiled but this smile had a catch to it. “I’m going to let you go back to America and bring your girlfriend back to Seoul. I would like to meet her too.”

“Why do you want me to bring her to Seoul?” I asked confused. “What’s the catch?”

CEO of SM smiled and nodded his head. “You are a smart young man Kris. I want your girlfriend to come and see what kind of life style you live.”

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter