Chapter 34

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

I couldn’t sleep very well at night. I kept tossing and turning. Kris finally got a bit annoyed with it as well. He pulled me into his chest from behind and tightens his grip not letting me make a move. A smiled crept on my face and I felt him kissing my neck. He stopped after a minute and kissed my cheek. I was relaxed a bit and fell asleep.

          ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I was standing in a crowed place. I didn’t even know where I was. I only saw lots of people. I didn’t really like it. I started walking around to see if I knew anyone. I kept walking and I saw people with luggage’s. I realized I was at an airport. I soon decided to look for Kris. I started looking at every person around me and no luck.

I went towards the waiting area where people wait for their flights to be called. I saw someone in a far, next to the window. I slowly made my way to them and it was Kris. I quickly made my way towards him. When I wanted to touch him my hand just went through his body.

‘This can’t be happening!’

I tried to touch him again and all he did was stay still. I said his name and he looked up for a moment and looked around him. He put his head down and went back to looking at his phone. I sat next to him to see what he was looking at. It was pictures of us together. I felt touched.  I wanted to hug him but it did me no good. I tried calling him again and he looked around.

 It was odd that he could sort of hear me but couldn’t see me. I sighed and tried to touch him again. I went through him. I wanted to hug him terribly right now. I wanted his arms around me. I wanted to feel his lips on mine. I wanted time to stop just so I could make a moment last. I heard the intercom go on and saw Kris get up. It didn’t hit me until I realized he was leaving back to Seoul. Well first he goes to L.A. and then back to Seoul.

I tried calling out to him telling him to wait up. Kris kept walking and got in line. I had suddenly tripped and I ignored that. I didn’t see what I what I tripped over but I walked over to Kris and tried calling him again. He kept looking around. He looked to the back and waited. It seemed as if he was waiting for me to appear. I looked back at him and I saw him sigh.

“She isn’t coming…” he said looking down at the floor.

I widen my eyes and he was talking about me. I felt my heart racing inside my chest. I tried to hold his hand to show him I was with him. I wanted to show him I was standing in front of him. I wanted to show him that I was here. I saw him close his eyes and sigh again.

“I love you Angel… Always.” He whispered and opened his eyes. He starting walking to the terminal and never looked back. I started to feel tears in my eyes. I saw him keep walking without looking back. I called out for him at the top of my lungs. He couldn’t just leave without me saying goodbye. He wouldn’t leave just like that. I couldn’t believe myself on not coming. Did he really think I wouldn’t show up? I walked closer to the terminal and fell to my knees.

I started crying and hugged myself. I saw Kris’s figure slowly fade away. I continued to cry as everything around me slowly faded away as well. I couldn’t believe what just happened. I couldn’t touch Kris. I couldn’t talk to him. Yet he could hear me? He waited for me to come but I never did? I couldn’t explain anything that was happening right now. I cried harder and moved my arms to hold my chest. I felt so much pain in my heart.                                               

       ~ ~ ~ ~ 

“KRIS!”

I yelled and felt real tears running down my cheek. I felt my heart racing inside me and I held it. I wiped tears away and realized I was in my bed sitting up. I looked to my side and Kris wasn’t there. I started to panic. I moved my knees to my chest and hugged them. I started to cry harder. I heard a door open and Kris came out quickly.

He got back on the bed and came to my side. “Hey hey, what happened?”

I quickly moved my arms around his neck and held him tightly. I kept crying and he pulled me close to him. He tightens his grip around me. I didn’t want to let go. I continued to cry as we stayed that way for a while. Kris rubbed my back soothing me to calm down. It helped for a while but tears kept coming down my face.

“It’s was only a bad dream.” He said in a whisper.

I pulled back and looked at him. “It felt real.”

Kris cupped my face and wiped the tears coming down my face. He looked into my eyes and I closed them as a few more tears came down. He uncupped my face and he pulled me back into his embrace. I wrapped my arms around his chest and held him tightly. I hated that nightmare. It scared me so much. I didn’t want to Kris to leave like that.

 I could feel Kris move us back to lay down but I stopped him. I didn’t want to lay down. I sat up and looked at him. He used his elbow for support to look at me. “Come on, it’s ok.”

I shook my head and got up from the bed. I went to the closet and grabbed my shoes and put them on. I grabbed my sweater and put it on over my pajamas. I looked at Kris and he was sitting up. He nodded his head and got up as well. I checked the time as I went into the kitchen. It was only three in the morning. I sighed and closed my eyes. When I did I saw myself in the airport crying and calling out to Kris.

I opened my eyes and panicked. I felt Kris’s touch when he came behind me and wrapped his arm around my waist tightly. I relaxed a bit and placed my arm on his. I looked up at him and he kissed my cheek.

“Let’s go.” I said. He grabbed my hand interlacing them together with his. We walked out of the apartment and started to walk around. Kris knew I wanted to get out for some fresh air. He didn’t say anything neither did I. I wrapped my arm around Kris’s arm that was holding my hand and leaned my head on it. Kris kissed the top of my head and we started walking.

The weather out was chilly. We both had something to keep us warm enough. I smiled as the wind would blow a bit and it our faces. I liked the wind hitting my face and my hair would fly on its own. I closed my eyes as we continued to walk. Kris stopped and I opened my eyes. We were waiting for the ok to walk across the street. I looked up at Kris and he gave me a gentle smile.

We quickly walked across the street and I found a place to sit down. It was the bench for the bus to pick up people but I didn’t want to ride the bus. I just wanted to sit down. I moved Kris’s arm around me and placed it on my shoulder without unlacing our hands. Kris smiled at my action and I gave him a chaste kiss.

“Tell me what it was about?” he asked as he pulled back.

I looked at him and pressed my lips together. I didn’t want to recall that nightmare but I knew he would ask me again later. Kris and I kept no secrets from each other anymore. I pulled him down for another kiss and pulled back. When he opened his eyes I took a deep breath and let it out.

I slowly started telling him how the dream started. I told him how I was lost in the airport until I found him. I told him everything that happened and everything I was feeling. I told him the real reason why I woke up screaming and crying in bed. He looked at me as I finished up the story and sighed. He pulled me into his chest and held me.

“I’m sorry Angel…” he said in a low voice. “I’m sorry I’ve put you through pain.”

I pulled ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter