Chapter 29

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

When I woke up it was already morning. I saw the sun trying to peak through the curtains. I gave myself a morning smile as I stretched a bit. I felt something around my waist. I looked over to my side and saw Kris still asleep. I smiled more and slowly moved myself facing him. His arm was still on my waist and he pulled me closer.

There was no more space between our bodies. I saw him use his other arms for a pillow as he rested his head on it. I just stayed there watching him sleep. He looked so beautiful. I know using that word is weird but Kris is just so beautiful and handsome. Everything about him I just couldn’t take my eyes away from him. I looked at his lips that are used to kiss mine and I felt my heart beating rapidly.

I looked at his neck and I saw a chain. It must be a necklace or something. I got this curiousness in me to check what could it be? I slowly moved my hand to the chain and pulled it out. I felt something hanging inside his shirt. I pulled a bit faster to get it out. It was a key. I narrowed my eyebrows and looked at it. ‘Why would it be a key?’ I thought.

I looked at it for a moment and I realized it was my spare key to the apartment. I looked at Kris who was still asleep and looked back at the key. I wondered why he had it around his neck as a necklace. I was about to put the necklace back when a hand grabbed my wrist. I looked at Kris who slowly opened his eyes and was looking at me. His eyes were sleepy yet happy to see me. I pressed my lips together and smiled.

He let go of my wrist and grabbed the necklace. He smiled at me and put it inside his shirt. “Curious to know?”

I nodded my head at him.

Kris closed his eyes and pulled me into his chest tightly. I could hear his heart beating against my ear. It was so soothing. His heart beat always made me feel at peace and can put me to sleep. I heard Kris sigh and he kissed the top of my head.

“I’ve had the key since the day I took care of you.” He said in a low whisper. “I didn’t know where to put it so I wear it as a necklace. Besides it’s next to my heart.”

“But it doesn’t hold the key to my heart.” I said moving a bit to look at him.

He looked at me and just smiled. “No, but it’s the key to your place which leads to you which leads to your heart.”

I smiled wide and hugged him tightly. Kris chuckled and hugged me back. I pulled back and gave him a peck on his lips. He was about to pull me towards him for more but he stopped. “Also, seeing you in the morning, next to me is amazing.”

I blushed and giggled at his cheesiness. I got up from the bed and looked at him. “I’ll be right back. Stay there!”

I went into the kitchen and opened the box where the cake was. I cut a slice and put it on a plate. I got a birthday candle and stuck it on. I got a match and lit it up. I smiled wide and carefully took it to the bedroom. I saw Kris still lying down. But once he saw me he sat up and smiled. I noticed he had hair sticking up from the side.

I think he knew why I was laughing since he was fixing his hair. I slowly got on the bed and sang him happy birthday. When I was done I looked at him and waited for him to make a wish. When he did he blew it out. He got the fork and cut a piece and held it for me. I opened my mouth as he fed me. I nodded my head and smiled. I got the fork and cut a piece and fed it to him.

Kris smiled at me and ate it. I got up from the bed to get napkins and to get my own slice of cake. I went back to the bed and gave Kris a napkin. He wiped his mouth and smiled at me. “The cake was great.”

“You’re welcome.” I said finishing up mine. “I never thought eating cake for breakfast was so delicious!”

Kris chuckled and put a strand of hair behind my ear. “You’re beautiful you know that.”

I looked at Kris and blinked a few times. Kris has never said those words to before. “Where did that come from?”

Kris scooted over to me and got my hand in his. He placed it over his heart and I felt it beating inside. “From here.”

I smiled at him and nodded my head. We just stayed looking at each other. I got the plates from the bed and went to the kitchen. Kris let out a sigh and he came over to me in the kitchen. “I should go.”

“What?” I said looking at him with a sad face forming.

Kris chuckled and lifted me up on the counter which I was now sitting on. “That Angel was a test.”

I flicked his forehead and he rubbed where I hit him. “Rude!”

Kris wrapped his arms around me and held me. “I’m sorry; I just wanted to see your face reaction.”

I gave a glare to him and smiled after. “What do you want to do today?”

Kris gave it a thought and then smiled. “How about we just stay together here? We can watch that drama we started watching and when we get hungry I’m sure we can think of something?”

I waited for a moment and nodded my head. “This means I don’t have to change cloths but…”

“But?” said Kris as I hopped off the counter going into the bathroom.

“I think we should brush our teeth since its bad breath in the morning and I don’t think the cake helped either.” I said as I shut the door.

“Hey!” said Kris as he came to the door trying to open it. I ignored him and started to brush my teeth. I suddenly thought of going out. I didn’t want to stay inside all day. When I was done brushing my teeth I put my hair in a messy bun and opened the door. Kris was on the phone sitting on the bed. He seemed to be texting someone. I didn’t ask and I went to the closet. I grabbed pants and a tank top with a sweater to go over it.

I came out and placed them on the bed. Kris looked over to me and smiled. “You want to go out?”

I nodded my head. “I was thinking, let’s go to the park. It’s a nice day out.”

Kris thought for a moment about the idea and nodded his head. I smiled and told him to get ready in the bathroom. I left the door open in my room since I knew I wasn’t going to take long to change. When I was done I went to the closet and found my blue converse. I heard the door open and out came Kris.

He was wearing a black long sleeve shirt with black pants. I smiled at his wardrobe and went into the bathroom. I decided to fix my hair. I liked it when my hair was down and the wind blowing through it. I combed it a few times and put some product to make my hair soft. When I was done I went to Kris and smiled showing him I was ready. He got his keys and we went to the park in his car.

When we arrived at the park I went straight to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter