Chapter 38

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Kris’s P.O.V*

I couldn’t help but smirk at Eliza’s reaction. Her kissing me just made me want her not to stop. I loved it when we kissed each other. It is always the best feeling inside me. I never wanted it to go away. I sighed and thought maybe she did that because she knows days are getting shorter. I shook my head and knew it wasn’t because of that. I knew her well enough to know she loves me and that’s why she did it.

I got up from the bed and got my phone I called back Tao to get after him. I couldn’t believe he would ask just a question to Eliza. On the third ring he answered. “Hey!”

“Ow!” he shouted back through the phone. “What was that for?”

“What give you the idea that I’m sleeping with my girlfriend?” I asked him.

“Well… I was just curious.” He said being anxious.

I sighed and just shook my head. “Tao I’m not sleeping with her.”

“But you love her right?” he asked out of the blue.

“Yes, but that doesn’t mean I’m sleeping with her.” I replied back. I went into the kitchen and placed my phone against the shoulder and cheek. I got the items to make sandwiches for us to eat. “Tao… We sleep together on the bed but its just sleep. Nothing more.”

“Really?” he asked.

“Yes, we do kiss and make-out but we don’t go any further.” I told him as I got t bread out of the bag.

“Oh… You wouldn’t?” he asked being curious.

“As much as I love her I don’t think we are ready for that level.” I said as I placed the mayo on her slices of bread. I put mustard on mine. “Besides I couldn’t go that far with her.”

“Why is that?” he asked.

“Because it’s almost time for everyone to go back to Seoul and I can’t do something like that to her and then leave.” I sighed and turned around to lean against the counter. “It’s not fair to her and I just can’t do that.”

“Oh, wow Ge you are a gentlemen.” He said and I knew he was smiling.

“Of course I am.” I said smiling back.

“Ge…” he said quietly.

“Yeah?” I responded.

“I’m… sorry about earlier.” He said. “I just thought you guys you know… because she answered the phone so I panicked and asked.”

I laughed as I went back to making our food. “It’s alright. I actually sleep at her place.”

“You do!” he shouted over the phone.

“I can’t remember when was the last time I slept at the apartment the company pays for.” I felt guilty for a moment. The company was paying for something I wasn’t even staying in. I heard Tao chuckle. “Why are you laughing?”

“Huh? Oh because you are really in love with her.” He said to me.

“Well what do you want me to do Tao?” I sort of snapped at him. “I don’t like it when we are apart for too long. I like holding her in my arms and I like sleeping next to her.”

It was quiet on the other line. I looked at the call to see if he hung up. The call was still ongoing. I sighed and didn’t anything. I finished up the sandwiches and placed a napkin over it. I heard the water run in the bathroom. It had been running for ten minutes already. I knew Eliza was going to be out soon.

“Ge…?” said Tao softly.

“Hm?” I felt kind of bad for snapping at him. I didn’t know what say.

"It’s going to be hard when its time.” He said quietly

I stopped what I was doing and froze. I didn’t know how to respond to that. I have been keeping it together for Eliza. I haven’t really had time to myself to think about it. But when I was alone doing laundry I had realized she is my first love. I love Eliza with all my heart. So indeed it was going to be hard when we parted ways. I sighed and closed my eyes.

“Yeah… it is.” I said softly. I opened my eye and I heard the water turn off. I told Tao I would text him later. We hung up and I finished making my sandwich. I knew Eliza would be out and ready to eat. I got the drinks and placed them on the table along with our sandwiches. I then thought of the necklace I bought her. I wanted to give it to her. I only hoped we could do something together then I can give it to her.

*Eliza’s P.O.V*

I got out of the shower and put on my clothes after drying up. I opened the door and let the steam out. I felt the fresh coolness come in. I smiled and opened it all the way once I had everything on. I walked into the bedroom to get some socks and put them on. I went into the kitchen and saw Kris in deep thoughts. I made my way to him and his hair.

He snapped out of his dazed and he smiled once he saw me. I moved down and pecked his lips. I smiled and sat down next to him. I took a bite of the sandwich and enjoyed our company. I smiled at him and he did the same. I started thinking of what we could do tomorrow. I really wanted to do something fun. I finally thought of something.

“Stupid question.” I said with a smile on my face.

Kris looked at me. “Shoot.”

“You lived in Canada right?” I asked feeling dumb.

Kris chuckled. “Yes I did. Why?”

“Did you ever go ice skating?” I asked him as I held my smile.

Kris thought for a moment. “I went a few times with friends.”

I nodded my head and started smiling at him. “Do you want to go tomorrow?”

He took a bite of his sandwich and looked at me. I bit my bottom lip while smiling waiting for him to reply. He started chewing on his sandwich and swallowed it.

“You want to go ice skating?” he asked.

I nodded my head eagerly. “Yes.”

“Do you know how?” he asked me taking a sip of his drink.

I made a face and looked at him. “If I didn’t know how I wouldn’t be asking you.”

Kris smiled and nodded his head. “Enough said. Sure why not.”

I got up from my chair and hugged him. “Yes!”

Kris hugged my back and the next thing I knew I was sitting on his lap. “You’re adorable when you act like a child.”                                            

I glared at him and was about flick his forehead when he grabbed my wrist before doing so. “How did you know?”

Kris smiled and released my wrist. He cupped my cheek and pulled me towards him for a sweet kiss. I smiled between kisses and wrapped my arms around his neck. I moved myself back and pulled away.

“What?” he asked looking at me.

“Why did Tao think we were…?” I asked him. I didn’t want to finish the sentence. I felt embarrassed.

Kris chuckled and moved a strand of hair behind my ear. He cupped my cheek with his left hand and it. “He just thought we went to the next level since we sleep in the same bed.”

I nodded my head and understood now. I gave Kris and kiss on the cheek and got off him. I washed the dishes and waited for him to pick something to watch. When he found a Korean drama we both got comfortable on the sofa and cuddled together. Kris had me in his arms and I had my head on his chest. We spent the rest of Thanksgiving that way. I smiled so much that my cheeks were hurting. I just couldn’t wait for tomorrow.

I just mental noted my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter