Chapter 58

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was looking at the waves coming and going. I had let my toes touch the warm sand and felt a pair of arms hold me from behind. I looked up at saw Kris smiling at me. It had been a while since we came back to the beach. But this time we brought company. Tao and Christi were already in the water splashing each other. When Christi would fall down Tao would somehow panic and grab her hand. They were holding hands most of the time when a wave came by.

Lay and Chen ran towards the water with their shorts I bought. They stayed in the water for a moment then ran back out as if they something scary. Kris let go of me and dragged them back to the water. The water was cold but it was fine once you got used to it. I turned around and Carolyn was with Max playing fetch. I went towards her and Max came towards me.

“Should I really go to Seoul?” I asked throwing the ball for Max to get.

“Only if you want to and if you feel that Kris will protect you.” She said getting the ball back. She threw it farther this time. “I know everyone tells you it’s an adventure and it will be fun.’ But remember you’re in a different place and don’t know anyone. You need to be sure that Kris will protect you no matter what.”

I looked at her and she bent down getting the ball and threw it again. I saw Max running and almost tripping. I smiled and saw him sprinting back towards Carolyn.

“Also if you go, you won’t see Max anymore either until you come back.” Carolyn said looking at me then back at Max.

She had a point. I bent down and petted Max. If I went to Seoul I wouldn’t see him again. I had grown attached to Max. I felt a tear escape my eye. Kris never mentioned how long I would be in Seoul. I assumed it was for the summer. That’s only about three months. Usually that goes by fast. I smiled and kissed the top of Max’s head.

Carolyn threw the ball and he chased after it. “You have an answer?”

I got up and smiled at her. I hugged her and whispered in her ear. She laughed and nodded her head. I let go and saw Max coming back towards her. I saw Kris coming out of the water. I hadn’t noticed that he took off his shirt before he got in the water. I saw his lean abs and nice arms. I also noticed he was wearing the necklace I gave him. I touched my chest I was wearing the one he gave me. He smiled and came my way. He saw my face and cupped it.

“What’s wrong?” he said looking at me. “Did something happen?”

I shook my head and smiled. “Nothing happened.”

He looked at me for a bit and then let go of my face. “Are you coming in the water?”

I nodded my head. I took off my shirt and placed it with our things. As soon as I turned around I felt myself being carried. I looked up and saw Kris carrying me. His skin was wet and cold. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he smiled at me. He set me down and the water was at my ankles. I trembled a bit and Kris kissed my temple.

“It’s cold!” I said wrapping my arms around myself. I heard a chuckle and Kris started to lead me to where the water was up to my waist. I was going to turn around when a wave came and knocked me over. I accidently swallowed water and felt his arms pick me up. I coughed at the water going down my throat.

“You alright?” he asked moving my hair out of my face. I spit out some of the after taste in my mouth and nodded my head.

“Jie!” said Lay and he splashed me. I heard him laugh and Chen as well. I got splashed a few more times and then Kris went to splash them.

I felt myself get knocked over again and a pair of arms helped me up. “You ok Noona?”

I looked to my side and saw Chen smiling at me. I nodded my head and he grabbed my wrists and showed me what Kris was doing. Lay was on Kris’s back and Tao was still holding hands with Christi.

“Noona, can I tell you something?” Chen said making me walk back a bit too where the waves weren’t that big.

I nodded my head at him.

“Kris Hyung,” he started to say. “When we did promotions around either China or Korea we could tell something was wrong. At times he would only talk to Tao or Kai. But most of the time, he seemed as if he missed someone. I usually think it’s his mother. But when I look at him I know its someone else.”

I looked at him and then looked at Kris. He had fallen in the water with Lay still attached to him and they were laughing.

“Seeing Kris Hyung being lively is good. He seems really happy to be around you and protects you from Tao or Lay when it’s a playful manner.” Chen placed his hand on my shoulders. I looked at him and he was smiling bright. “If you decide to come back to Seoul with us I want you to know that I will also be around.”

I looked at him and seemed speechless at his comment.

“If you do come to Seoul with us you don’t be alone. You will have me as well. I might not know a lot about you Noona, but within time I will. If you need anything I’ll be there to help you.” Chen let go of my shoulder and walked off toward Lay and Kris.

I kept looking at Chen and smiled. He is sweet as people say he is. I couldn’t believe his words. I saw Kris make is way towards me and I knew I had to tell him my answer about Seoul. He wrapped his arms around my waist. “Do you want to go for a walk along the shore?”

Kris nodded his head and grabbed my hand. We walked slowly against the shore. Kris had our hands entwined with each other. The wind was blowing and making us dry yet cold. It felt nice either way. I didn’t want to walk to far from the others. But I wanted enough distance to talk.

Even though the request of asking me to go to Seoul was sudden I honestly wanted to say yes. My answer was yes. But at the same time I couldn’t help be feel worried. I had a love-hate relationship when it came to SMent. I really liked their groups and all their idols. But having certain problems with contracts when it came to Kim Jaejoong, Kim Junsu, and Park Yoochun from DBSK and Super Junior’s Hangeng it just worried me. I know I have no say in what happened but I didn’t want something happening to Kris while I was around.

I was scared at the same time. If anything happened to Kris and the company dealing with his contract I couldn’t forgive myself. I want Kris to be happy with what he wants in life. Tao and Chen had mentioned that seeing Kris happy when he is with me is someone they knew during their training days. When Kris isn’t with me its like he i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter