Chapter 45

Just Once More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I slowly opened my eyes and I saw things sideways. I rubbed my eyes with the back of my fingers and blinked a few times. I had been lying down on the bench. I pushed myself up and noticed neither Lay or Tao were around. I grabbed my phone to text them. I also checked if Eliza had sent me something but nothing. I sighed and texted Tao.

I shut my eyes again. I don’t remember falling asleep or lying down. I guess it slowly happened and Lay or Tao must have woken up and seen me asleep. They must have put me to lay down. I smiled at their kindness and felt my phone vibrate. It was Tao. I didn’t want to check my phone but I knew it was him. I sighed and opened my eyes.

Tao:

Kai is here. We are waiting for him. Be back soon!

I put my phone down but then I picked it up. I found Eliza’s name and stared at it for a while. I wanted to call her. I wanted to hear her voice. I wanted to know how she is doing. I wanted to know what she was doing. I moved my thumb slowly to make the call but then drew it back. I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t call her. We aren’t together anymore.

Yet it still felt that we were. I still felt connected to her. I already had a feeling of what she could be doing. She might be asleep from crying so much or just in bed looking up at ceiling for no reason. She might be on the sofa staring at the TV blankly not paying attention.

I grabbed my phone again and tapped her name. I needed to call her. I needed to hear her voice. I really do. I need to even if we aren’t together anymore. I need too. I heard the call ring but she never answered it. I didn’t like this at all. I pulled the phone away and tried again. It kept ringing and went straight to voicemail.

I sighed and I figured she didn’t want to talk to me. Maybe hearing my voice would make her cry again. I shut my eyes and grabbed the necklace from my shirt. I held it and kissed it a few times.

I’m sorry Angel… Truly I am…

“Hyung!” said a voice. I looked up and saw Kai coming with a smile on his face. Lay and Tao followed behind him. I let go of the necklace and stood up. Kai and I shared a tight hug and let go. “Why the long face? Aren’t you happy we are going home?”

Tao and I looked at each other and I looked back at Kai. “I know about you having a girlfriend.”

Kai looked at me surprised and looked down. “Who told you that?”

I patted his shoulder. “If you are hurting that you left her behind don’t worry… I feel the same way.”

Kai looked up at me and widen his eyes. “What?”

“What are you talking about Kris Ge?” asked Lay.

I looked at Tao and he sighed. But he also nodded his head. I nodded mine as well. “There is something I need to tell the both of you.”

We all sat down and I slowly took a deep breath. I had started at the beginning from when I met Eliza and all the way to the end of saying goodbye at the airport and how much it hurt. I didn’t tell them much about Eliza’s personal life. If I didn’t I wouldn’t forgive myself and it is private between us who knew. I didn’t want to risk more than I said.

Lay didn’t know what to say. He was quiet most of the time. Tao tried to talk to him but it didn’t work much. Lay wasn’t mad or anything he just didn’t know what to say. Tao and Lay went for a walk around the airport. Kai stayed behind with me and didn’t talk as much either. I grew worried maybe he is upset with me. I grabbed my necklace and held it.

“What’s that?” asked Kai.

I looked at him and gave a small smile. “It’s a spare key to Eliza’s apartment.”

“How sweet of her.” He said and showed me a bracelet. It was black and the threads were together. In the middle of the threads was an infinity sign. “My girlfriend and I got these last month. I told her my love for her is infinity and always will be.”

I smiled and kept looking at the bracelet. It made me think of Eliza. If she were to see this she would love it. I know she would. Before I knew it a tear escaped my eyes. I looked away from Kai and wiped the tear away. “She must be really lucky to have you Kai.”

Kai chuckled. “She is. Her bracelet is purple. I couldn’t break up with her though.”

That got my attention. I looked back at him and widen my eyes. “You didn’t break up with her?”

Kai shook his head and sighed. “I couldn’t. I just couldn’t. I love her too much and I will see her again.”

“How do you know that?” I asked him.

Kai shrugged his shoulders. “I just do. I told her if we didn’t see each other for a year than it’s over… But if we do then we aren’t. We will also text when we can to keep talking.”

I didn’t know what to say. Hearing him say that made me think maybe I should have done that with Eliza. I felt stupid now. I sighed out of frustration. I heard laughter and then I suddenly thought of something. Tao and Lay had brought back more food. I swear they didn’t stop eating but then we didn’t have a flight until three more hours. “Tao I need a favor.”

“What’s up Ge?” said and came to sit next to me.

“I need you to save these three numbers.” I said holding my phone to him. “Kai…” I looked at him and he looked at me. “I need you to give your girlfriends’ number to Lay.”

“Why?” he asked confused.

“Girlfriend?” said Lay confused. “You didn’t break up with her?”

Kai shook his head and opened his mouth to tell him why. But I covered his mouth before he did so. “Kai, I need you to give Lay your girlfriends number. Because when we get back to Seoul we don’t know our punishment. If you expect to talk to her they might take our phones and give us new ones.”

“Sounds like a good plan Ge.” Said Tao giving me back my phone. I removed my hand from Kai’s mouth and he nodded.

I nodded my head and felt glad I thought of this now. I didn’t want my phone to be taken away but to keep in touch with Eliza just to talk I needed it to be saved somewhere and Tao could do it. I grabbed something to eat and went to the restroom again. I splashed water in my face again and felt a bit better.

I was still tired but not as much. It was going to be a long flight and that I wasn’t in the mood for. But I had gotten used to it already. When it was time to board our plane Tao and I sat next to each other. Lay and Kai were a few seats back. I felt better knowing that they knew about Eliza but I felt worried too. I wasn’t ready to face the CEO of SM just yet. I wanted more time.

An hour later on the plane and we were in Alaska. It felt really could in the plane. As we waited for the other passengers to get off and wait for some to come on. I got my backpack and to get my other sweater I had with me. When I got it out I quickly put it on and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter